Gun rush.

Lucky Luke

12 hours ago, Lucky Luke said:

Gun rush is open to play. 

Small battle royale, really had hoped for a big update.

Game was kinda fun, payouts are weak if you don't win, plus you gotta spectate if you die. If you win it the pay out is decent. About 300 xp,  like 20 bucks and nuggets

4 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Game was kinda fun, payouts are weak if you don't win, plus you gotta spectate if you die. If you win it the pay out is decent. About 300 xp,  like 20 bucks and nuggets

Yes the mode is fun, but it is not what i think most of us wanted. 

There are so many more important things that needs fixing or be added, like the horse bug, the saint denis exploid, gambling, butchers up north, no penalty for griefers, private sess, free aim sess and the list goes on.

Even as a 36 year old man, this update made me feel like a kid on christmas, who just got a sweater instead of that great new toy.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Luke said:

There are so many more important things that needs fixing or be added, like the horse bug, the saint denis exploid, gambling, butchers up north, no penalty for griefers, private sess, free aim sess and the list goes on.

Even as a 36 year old man, this update made me feel like a kid on christmas, who just got a sweater instead of that great new toy.

Yea, like the time I got  gobots instead of Grimlock.. they just don't listen..lol.. I wanted more from this as well. That being said, I think R*  added this to give the griefers an alternative place to kill besides freeroam. 

5 hours ago, Lucky Luke said:

I know it's not what I wanted (I'm a PvE / co-op kind of guy), but we're not privy to the stats and information R* has from feedback they receive.

Right, wrong or indifferent, BR is the hot ticket right now and what people want.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was a hotly requested item R* received feedback on through their site.  We also don't know how many people play the PvP events vs. Free Roam which could affect R*'s choice in what they prioritized this year. 

Anti-griefing measures are part of what R* announced as coming "soon" (listed below) but it appears additional missions and content will be later:

Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.

Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.

Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition. 

Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.

Either way, you folks need to make sure you submit your feedback regarding bugs, suggestions, wants, complaints, etc. on their site otherwise all of this discussion is for naught:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=addb2b0b

The more of us that request more PvE content, bug fixes, etc., the more likely these become priorities for R*.  Just look at griefing.  People complained through their feedback site and R* listened.  How that will play out is another matter but at least it's acknowledged and they are making moves toward doing something about it.

2 hours ago, Purple Cactus said:

The game is okay. I too was hoping for a new update to fix some issues I have been having with the game. I am tracking everything and plan on contacting Rockstar tomorrow with a list. Is there a character limit for contacting them? I might have to send several messages lol

Yeah, there is unfortunately.  I get why but sometimes it gets in the way of trying to plead your case.

IIRC the character limit is 500 which may seem like a lot but it isn't really.  ....I mean, this response alone is over 200 characters including spaces.