How to keep random people from joining online story missions?

Owl Whiskey

Question

I've done this in the past, so idk if I'm missing something this time.

Today, I tried replaying a couple of story missions with just two or three of us; matchmaking is turned off (I know at least at this time this doesn't stop matchmaking), and as soon as we are in lobby all 2/3 of us hit the triangle button for "ready".

In the past the mission would start immediately, but today it wouldn't, then a random person or two end up joining. 

Both of us even tried closing and re-launching the game, but the same issue happens.

What gives? Anyone else experiencing this?

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

In GTA you were given the choice IIRC to close the mission of to others to fill the rest of the empty slots. Could be a missing component/option that they may some day include in the matchmaking process.

R* have it planned this way to deter lone wolfs they want you playing with other players and in doing so hopefully up the player levels, They dont usually miss things out they are very meticulous on most things even those very annoying thins that they program in on purpose for example npc on horse coming towards you vairs into your line sane as car in GTAO they very rarely vair away from you.

Im pretty sure they have a special opps dept set up just to do these annoying things  

• Haha 1

Yes. Don't know if it is deliberate by RS or a bug. The other annoying thing is when players leave and you are forced back to menu to start the mission again.  When this happens you are penalised and get less cash and exp when the mission is completed. 

Edited by dredd1961

can I get a confirmation please? Kinda feel stupid for keep trying (sphh lol)

I and my friend tried again today, we hit 'x' right away to start the mission, and both of us hit the triangle button right away for "ready" but the game simply waited for randoms to join. Matchmaking is turned off, but that doesn't matter.

Before, the game would launch with just 2/3 of us, but now no dice.

We like to ride out the clock sometimes, for the 900/1000 xp and max payout, hunt bighorn animals on the side.

Edited by Owl Whiskey

6 hours ago, Owl Whiskey said:

can I get a confirmation please? Kinda feel stupid for keep trying (sphh lol)

I and my friend tried again today, we hit 'x' right away to start the mission, and both of us hit the triangle button right away for "ready" but the game simply waited for randoms to join. Matchmaking is turned off, but that doesn't matter.

Before, the game would launch with just 2/3 of us, but now no dice.

We like to ride out the clock sometimes, for the 900/1000 xp and max payout, hunt bighorn animals on the side.

It isn't stable yet. I have had issues with it as well. Just have to wait it out till it gets fixed. Like Kean mentioned, contact them and let them know. I have done so for the same issues. The more people bug them about the same issues, I think the quicker they will be addressed. 

• Like 1

My Posse and I have been doing this for months. First you need to be in a posse and it will work for a temporary Posse. Next you call up the kill them one and all mission. Posse leader hits the replay Posse command. Posse leader gets the start mission button and and the Posse members and leader have to be ready to hit the y button IMMEDIATELY for ready  TWO OF US ROCK THIS MISSION  FOR XP POINTS OVER AND OVER