Max Ammo Capacity

Captmarsh

Question

Despite looking everywhere online, I cannot seem to find an answer to the question of maximum ammo capacity so I'm hoping someone here can help me?

What is the maximum ammo you can carry of the different types of craftable ammo?

How much express explosive pistol, rifle, repeater, revolver etc?

How many explosive slugs and incendiary buckshot?

Any help would be much appreciated 😉

13 answers to this question

On 1/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, Captmarsh said:

Despite looking everywhere online, I cannot seem to find an answer to the question of maximum ammo capacity so I'm hoping someone here can help me?

What is the maximum ammo you can carry of the different types of craftable ammo?

Hey bro when holding L1 on ps4 to choose weapons , select the weapon you want , the ammo is represented by small circles on lower middle of screen.  Pushing right on thumb pad will cycle through various ammos you can carry and how many. Happy shooting. 

16 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Hey bro when holding L1 on ps4 to choose weapons , select the weapon you want , the ammo is represented by small circles on lower middle of screen.  Pushing right on thumb pad will cycle through various ammos you can carry and how many. Happy shooting. 

Good call but he's asking about craftable ammo.  Could be out of curiosity for defensive purposes and/or maybe hasn't attained the level yet, etc.

I recall hearing that explosive ammo is limited to something around 10 rounds per weapon.  Can't say the same for split ammo, etc.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, Captmarsh said:

10 rounds (explosive express) for each weapon. Revolver, Rifle, Repeater .  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

Good call but he's asking about craftable ammo.  Could be out of curiosity for defensive purposes and/or maybe hasn't attained the level yet, etc.

I recall hearing that explosive ammo is limited to something around 10 rounds per weapon.  Can't say the same for split ammo, etc.

Oh gotcha ,yea I believe you need the pamphlets for those to see how many you can carry. 

Is there not a list anywhere online? I got a buddy who is leveled up pretty high and has had his fair share of guns. I can ask him to look into this and get a list from him. I would actually like to know cause some guns seem to carry way more ammo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrens said:

This is why I don't play online...I'd be mutilated constantly!

I've been playing since day one and to be honest, I don't believe I've ever been the victim of one.  First, folks can only carry 10 of them.  Second, from what I hear they are very expensive.  

I would rather not see something like this in the game at all but at least it's to the point where I believe most would use it as a "last resort" vs. just for indiscriminate killing of other players.  .....and if they do, I'll wager that is pretty rare.

13 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Ahhhh I have the perfect ammo for that nonsense EXPLOSIVE EXPRESS ROUNDS! Had a griefer who attacked me yesterday. Thanks to my "never without one" tier 3 ability card the head shot just blew my hat off. I spun round BLAM!  Roared my bolt action rifle, one shot, griefer dead. Griefer tried again, this time diving around like a professional soccer player trying to milk a penalty. BOOM! Roared my bolt action once more. Griefer dead. Then I chased this idiot and laughed watching him diving this way and that before I killed him again.   

30 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I've been playing since day one and to be honest, I don't believe I've ever been the victim of one.  First, folks can only carry 10 of them.  Second, from what I hear they are very expensive.  

I would rather not see something like this in the game at all but at least it's to the point where I believe most would use it as a "last resort" vs. just for indiscriminate killing of other players.  .....and if they do, I'll wager that is pretty rare.

It cost 1000 bux for the explosive express crafting pamphlet and then you need 1 portion of animal fat for each cartridge so yeah, they are pretty expensive and time consuming gathering all the fat.

However, as mentioned earlier, if used sparingly and only in self defence, they can liven up an otherwise tedious grind or at least until something new becomes available in game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Captmarsh said:

It cost 1000 bux for the explosive express crafting pamphlet and then you need 1 portion of animal fat for each cartridge so yeah, they are pretty expensive and time consuming gathering all the fat.

However, as mentioned earlier, if used sparingly and only in self defence, they can liven up an otherwise tedious grind or at least until something new becomes available in game.

Expensive yes but what isn't expensive to buy online. As for crafting you can only carry 10 animal fat and it is easy and quick to get. For example I go to the heartlands and shoot Canadian geese, several breeds of duck and golden pheasant.   Takes 10 mins if that, to acquire the animal fat to craft these shells. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

For me these rounds are a godsend for dealing with asshats who think it is funny griefing. I use a bolt action rifle because it has maximum damage. Cannot say the same for a revolver or repeater.  You don't need these rounds for indiscriminate killing that has been happening since day one anyways. After all you can take a player out with one shot to the head from a varmint rifle.