D2? Anthem? Metro Exodus?

Major Dammidge

I only just heard about this one last week. I tend to stick to game titles I am familiar with but I am mind blown by the graphics alone. The concept is a bit risky but I think that is what we need these days. The gaming industry has become so recycled. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a fan of the logjam in February and March.  I preordered The Division 2 a LOOOOOOONG time ago, and will be playing the beta after work today (and through the weekend).

Then I saw the gameplay for Anthem, which basically looks like Red Dead and Halo had a baby that was destined to bleed my wallet dry. 

And it comes out in two weeks. 

I barely have time to play Red Dead, and now I have to juggle two more games?  The struggle is real.

2 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I preordered The Division 2 a LOOOOOOONG time ago, and will be playing the beta after work today (and through the weekend).

Pre-ordered D2 a couple days ago and downloading the beta for D2 now.  Probably be on tonight as well and some of the weekend.

Just now, Kean_1 said:

Pre-ordered D2 a couple days ago and downloading the beta for D2 now.  Probably be on tonight as well and some of the weekend.

It was available at 4AM here today, and I just didn't have the energy to get up that early--plus, the CPAP puts me out cold to the point that you could probably have a gunfight in my bedroom and I would sleep through it.

But I did flirt with the idea of calling off work...

5 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It was available at 4AM here today, and I just didn't have the energy to get up that early--plus, the CPAP puts me out cold to the point that you could probably have a gunfight in my bedroom and I would sleep through it.

But I did flirt with the idea of calling off work...

I'm semi-retired but even though I'm at home I still can't bring myself to game during the day.  Not that I never do but I guess it just makes me feel weird if I'm not doing other things with my time during the day.  Took a year just to get used to the whole "not working" thing.

• Like 1

Just finished playing a couple hours of coop in TD2. I like what they've done. More of the same which isn't necessarily a bad thing but also improved. Also like the damage model much better with the lower TTK, slow heals, etc. I think it was a good decision on their part.

2 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

I was a huge the division fan and player. Although I have to say Anthem will be my next purchase. It has me in awww just watching the trailer. Not to cut rdr2 short as I will stay here if they start releasing content soon ! 

Yeah, I'm in no way going to dump RDO2 just because I play another game. I've been doing it since RDOs release anyhow. 

TD2 will simply be a game I play with certain friends and RDO with others. 

Anthem looks cool but simply isn't my kind of game unfortunately. Heck, I was almost going to give TD2 a pass for a while before a couple friends said they were getting it upon release.

For my kind of MP shooter, I'm really just waiting for Insurgency Sandstorm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Just finished playing a couple hours of coop in TD2. I like what they've done. More of the same which isn't necessarily a bad thing but also improved. Also like the damage model much better with the lower TTK, slow heals, etc. I think it was a good decision on their part.

I just got in for about an hour last night and really dug what I saw/experienced.  It's more cover-based, and less run-and-gun, which is going to have major implications for tactical play, which is perfect for "people of a certain age" who may not have the best reflexes, like me.

Mildly irked by not being able to customize the Agent (only being able to randomize the appearance), but the mechanics and gameplay seemed very polished, all things considered.  So far, not regretting my Collector's Edition purchase on the full game.  We'll see how it goes at launch, but for now, I'm looking forward to getting back into it tonight once everyone else in the house goes to bed (this thing is BEGGING to go up on the projector instead of the TV).

3 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Although I have to say Anthem will be my next purchase.

In a vacuum, were I making a snap-decision to buy TD2 or Anthem, I'd probably go with Anthem.  It comes out first, and, as I've said previously, it literally looks like a blend of Halo and RDR2, which is right in my wheelhouse.  I love Sci-Fi in games, but am bored to tears with traditional FPS games.  TD's quasi-futuristic setting helps satisfy the itch to a degree, but I have a feeling Anthem would turn me into a gaming degenerate again.

That said, the story from The Division is probably one of the most well-strucutred and engrossing as any I've seen in a game in at least a decade.  The world-building, attention to detail, and pacing sucked me right in, and based on some of the spoilers from the Beta, I'm not going to be disappointed in how they have chosen to continue the story.  I'm all-in on TD2, and have no regrets.  It'll be hard enough to juggle the limited playing time I have between RDO and TD2, but it's a luxury to even have that "problem", so I'm not going to complain.

35 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

TD2 will simply be a game I play with certain friends and RDO with others. 

Definitely.  The pacing between the two is completely different, and both offer unique experiences.  When I want a more relaxed pace, it's going to be RDO.  When I want to be dripping with sweat, hands trembling, it's going to be TD2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

glad i read this thread :D  i've been waiting for 4 or 5 months for Division 2 beta.  I know what i'll be doing this weekend now.

I'm a gamefly guy, i have 20 some odd games in my list at all times, all different kinds of games.  keeps it interesting.  then if i really like the game i'll keep it.   I just added Anthem and Metro to my list earlier this week.  RDR2 and Division 2 were the exceptions, RDR2 was originally pre-ordered in october 2017 for my son's birthday, Division 2 was pre-ordered this past fall/winter for his birthday. 

• Like 1