Something has changed!

Jborho

Today I played for about four hours, mostly hunting and such.  The rate of fire seems to be slowed down on all weapons, and my aim is way off from what it used to be.  Animals are bugging out, like the bison.  Use to be herds of them out side of Blackwater and valentine.  When I ride up on them,  3/4 of them despawn and with the shitty rate of fire I am lucky to down one of them.  The griefing was off the chart.... people taking pot shots from way out.  

Can't confirm all of that. Wasn't hunting bison but everything else was ok so far. Not sure about the fire rate but something has definitely changed. I can see other players spawning and despawning constantly. Players constantly spawn close to us but despawn anywhere else on the map. Some areas are kinda deserted all the time while we are constantly surrounded. But that's not just one area, we moved across the map and this was following us.

In my game, animals become weirder every time i start the game. First, the birds didnt flapflap anymore, just floating through the air. Now, one week later, animals spawn in big groups but dont react until i run into them with my horse. Most of those animas just start to run/fly away when i am already "in them" with my horse.

21 hours ago, MrBigFatWhale said:

I saw the birds gliding like kites too. Around Emerald Ranch and Lemoyne. Guess R*'s gotta save that rendering for the three people playing Gun Rush.

lmao!! I personally don't mind the frozen/ gliding birds since I use free aim its easier to shoot them down. but that Gun Rush statement was hilarious since they were quick to update that instantly rather than anything else.

• Haha 2

The birds glitching has been going on for awhile. Used to only see it near tumbleweed but now it's spread around a bit. I personally haven't seen animals spawning in large groups and/or not moving. I have seen a lot of boats randomly spawn near thieves landing. Like the boats sitting on the bridge, can't get past them.

The fire rate I haven't noticed. I sure got shot 6 times by a Schofield in 1s, so yeah... Lol.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:00 PM, Jborho said:

The rate of fire seems to be slowed down on all weapons, and my aim is way off from what it used to be.  

Both my wife and I noticed the rate of fire change while playing over the weekend. At first we thought it was the controller, so we switched controllers, then I started playing and noticed it too. Not sure what's up with that but all of a sudden 4 NPCs attack me and I can't shoot them as fast as I could before. Haven't seen a change in the animals much myself, except for one incident... I was riding by Emerald Ranch and went up the hill, and I could hear what was clearly a bear but couldn't see him and no red dot on the minimap.  Sure hope this gets fixed quickly!