Its suppose to be a realistic game.thats what we got.let people play there own way.

Saffron

Question

People moaning but in truth weve all asked for realistic games for years.we should deal with it.its the wild west after all.wasnt a nice place to be or survive in.if you dont like the lobby change lobbies.i dont wanna see a game where its not realistic.and pussy foot around people because they dont like the gameplay.i hate being griefed but its apart of the game.if i struggle solo to much and get bullied i just leave lobby.cant control how others play just because some get fun out of griefing.or if people decide to try rob my mission.its annoying but fun at same time.i dont grief anyone but of someone tries it i will come back at them.if i decide ive had enough i will leave.its male ego that gets in the way.i couldnt care less if another player is quicker or better than me.good for him.just move on and enjoy this beautiful game.its only gonna get so much better.i never played read dead one and this game has blown my mind.peoples moaning is whats negative and taking the fun out of it.it is a work of art only this art can be perfected.keep the WILD WEST  the WILD WEST.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Saffron said:

People moaning but in truth weve all asked for realistic games for years.we should deal with it.its the wild west after all.wasnt a nice place to be or survive in.if you dont like the lobby change lobbies.i dont wanna see a game where its not realistic.and pussy foot around people because they dont like the gameplay.i hate being griefed but its apart of the game.if i struggle solo to much and get bullied i just leave lobby.cant control how others play just because some get fun out of griefing.or if people decide to try rob my mission.its annoying but fun at same time.i dont grief anyone but of someone tries it i will come back at them.if i decide ive had enough i will leave.its male ego that gets in the way.i couldnt care less if another player is quicker or better than me.good for him.just move on and enjoy this beautiful game.its only gonna get so much better.i never played read dead one and this game has blown my mind.peoples moaning is whats negative and taking the fun out of it.it is a work of art only this art can be perfected.keep the WILD WEST  the WILD WEST.

Well I was not in the wild west, but I do not believe for a moment. That people in those days rode around killing other people at will. Because they were bored, thought it was fun or enjoyed ruining other people's experiences.  You seem to contradict yourself. You accuse other players of moaning. Then you tell them the best solution is to quit the game and join another lobby?  That is your solution? Why don't you fight back after all if killing indiscriminately is part of the game's realism. Then dying constantly is also part of the game's  realism. Your actions are ruining the game as well. 
If you are being bullied then fight back and never say die. Don't run away and hide like scaredy cat. After all, are you not some badass cowboy.   GIT GUD!

• Like 1

I have killed griefers 300+ and I will just go on killing them. Now my bolt action rifle has explosive express rounds (one shot kill). The remedy for me, grind story and stranger missions till you get a very high rank.  Then you go Equaliser on their asses. Nothing more beautiful in this game then watching a griefer fly out of the saddle and dead before they hit the ground. Then you run them down and kill them again.   

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Yes sir ! And I find myself wondering , why do people buy a shootem up game and then b#tch about being shot ? I mean dang they need to go play Mario cart before they whine enough to ruin such a beautiful game as you mentioned. I have played rdr1 and this game here will be second to none once it's lined out ! My biggest concern is the whiners will moan and complain enough to get the game changed and then move on to a different game ! I mean honestly !! Man up or move on !  I love that others can try to steal your mission that's what makes it a wild West game ! Did the pony express ever have trouble? Of course they did ! Look it up ! Nothing was easy back then and rockstar has nailed it. So again ,if people don't want to be shot in a shooter game I hear Pac man is still available ! Enough is enough ! Stop fricken crying over being shot ! It's not costing you a gold bar every time you die. Live it or leave it ! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Yes sir ! And I find myself wondering , why do people buy a shootem up game and then b#tch about being shot ? I mean dang they need to go play Mario cart before they whine enough to ruin such a beautiful game as you mentioned. I have played rdr1 and this game here will be second to none once it's lined out ! My biggest concern is the whiners will moan and complain enough to get the game changed and then move on to a different game ! I mean honestly !! Man up or move on !  I love that others can try to steal your mission that's what makes it a wild West game ! Did the pony express ever have trouble? Of course they did ! Look it up ! Nothing was easy back then and rockstar has nailed it. So again ,if people don't want to be shot in a shooter game I hear Pac man is still available ! Enough is enough ! Stop fricken crying over being shot ! It's not costing you a gold bar every time you die. Live it or leave it ! 

Yes bucky.im losing my mind with the whinging.the games forcing you to teaam up and have each others back.its why i bought it in the first place.i hope rockstar do not listen to all the moaning and actually make it a bit more rough.or the game wont last in my house.free roam means FREE ROAM.i actually sympaphise with rockstar on this.for once they have made beauty for it to be pulled apart one month into BETA  stage.yes they will milk us for money but aslong as i get my fun and whoever is with me has fun i aint complaing.i like the grind because again aint life just a grind for us poorer folk.get on with it.ive had the game over a month im level 77 got 81 gold bars and 6000 dollars.upgraded cards and got weapons and horse i like.from this point i will just stack away until the major updates.i never bully and will protect others if i see bullying..  The Western Avengers will carry on.this game is a moral mindfield.peoples true colours will show.let it be.just add good realistic fun content to this game and DO NOT take out the realism of the western cowboy era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Yes bucky.im losing my mind with the whinging.the games forcing you to teaam up and have each others back.its why i bought it in the first place.i hope rockstar do not listen to all the moaning and actually make it a bit more rough.or the game wont last in my house.free roam means FREE ROAM.i actually sympaphise with rockstar on this.for once they have made beauty for it to be pulled apart one month into BETA  stage.yes they will milk us for money but aslong as i get my fun and whoever is with me has fun i aint complaing.i like the grind because again aint life just a grind for us poorer folk.get on with it.ive had the game over a month im level 77 got 81 gold bars and 6000 dollars.upgraded cards and got weapons and horse i like.from this point i will just stack away until the major updates.i never bully and will protect others if i see bullying..  The Western Avengers will carry on.this game is a moral mindfield.peoples true colours will show.let it be.just add good realistic fun content to this game and DO NOT take out the realism of the western cowboy era.

100% my friend ! And one more thing , am I to believe that half of these players never played cops and robbers as a kid ? No cowboys vs Indians ? Maybe I'm an old fart but dang I'm thinking they should stay in story mode or grow a pair ! As you mentioned it's about befriending good folk or bad , whatever your into. I've waited my entire life for something that feels authentic and now I have it. Love the era specific weapons.  Absolutely love it ! Onwards and upwards my friend !

• Like 2

At the end of the day once you find good players to play with and have each others back that's what it's all about.was playing solo last night and a bit today doing missions not caring at all.I had a lot of players attack me and steal my stuff but it's been fun and annoying at the same time.frustration followed by laughter.get my piece of revenge then move on to next mission.leveled up twice with grief on the side.I call it not giving a ****.I will walk into town and not care.you never know who your gonna meet.met a couple of decent players just walking to them.not everyone in the game is a griefer.if I walk into trouble then so be it.

• Like 2

Seems to me that we can all share our own opinions openly and constructively without disrespectful remarks to one another including groups of people.  This thread appears more like a not-so veiled insult toward a segment of the community rather than one actually making a point about the game.  

If you guys really want to affect change, I would encourage you (as I do with everyone) to submit your feedback to R* here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

One of the reasons RDR2.org is such a great place IMO is due to its community, it's generally welcoming atmosphere and the overall respect for each other even when we disagree.  

Not everyone is going to agree on what we would like to see in this game but I would think we could discuss it rather than trying to belittle one another.  Also, it's a working beta and one where R* is using the feedback to make changes as they develop RDO.  I think we can all share our opinions with a certain level of mutual respect, yeah? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Seems to me that we can all share our own opinions openly and constructively without disrespectful remarks to one another including groups of people.  This thread appears more like a not-so veiled insult toward a segment of the community rather than one actually making a point about the game.  

If you guys really want to affect change, I would encourage you (as I do with everyone) to submit your feedback to R* here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

One of the reasons RDR2.org is such a great place IMO is due to its community, it's generally welcoming atmosphere and the overall respect for each other even when we disagree.  

Not everyone is going to agree on what we would like to see in this game but I would think we could discuss it rather than trying to belittle one another.  Also, it's a working beta and one where R* is using the feedback to make changes as they develop RDO.  I think we can all share our opinions with a certain level of mutual respect, yeah? 

Yes sir ! I would like to apologize to any hurt feelings I may have caused. Speaking for myself and myself alone I'm just getting a little tired of all the don't shoot me because I'm not here for shooting comments. Again Sorry for ruffled feathers ! Carry on. 

12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I bet theres people out there that complain about Koopa Shells and Banana peels.   

"I just want a clean race'!  :D

Lmao yes sir ! And to clear the air @Kean_1 I do love this forum and positive vibe it sets. Couple examples I'm trying to point out is = do people contact e a sports and whine that someone made them fumble in Madden ? Or contact e a because someone put them into the wall in NASCAR ? Just defending this game bro.  I re-read some of my comments and can see where I came off harsh and do apologize for hurting feelings. Just don't want this to be another destiny 2. I was all over destiny 2 right up untill they chose to listen to the small group of whiners. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Yes sir ! I would like to apologize to any hurt feelings I may have caused. Speaking for myself and myself alone I'm just getting a little tired of all the don't shoot me because I'm not here for shooting comments. Again Sorry for ruffled feathers ! Carry on. 

1 minute ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

And to clear the air @Kean_1 I do love this forum and positive vibe it sets. Couple examples I'm trying to point out is = do people contact e a sports and whine that someone made them fumble in Madden ? Or contact e a because someone put them into the wall in NASCAR ? Just defending this game bro.  I re-read some of my comments and can see where I came off harsh and do apologize for hurting feelings. Just don't want this to be another destiny 2. I was all over destiny 2 right up untill they chose to listen to the small group of whiners. 

The PvP / PvE aspect of Free Roam is obviously a well debated topic and one that has sparked some obvious divides among some folks.  All I'm saying is that we can still discuss the topics here with a level of civility without trying to belittle someone or a group of fellow members simply for sharing a difference of opinion.  That only serves to incite a negative reaction in others followed by a toxic exchange.  What good does that do?

Hey, I get tired of hearing some folks as well on forums for one reason or another so I just use the ignore feature and voila.  .....I don't have to read their remarks.  I can't really do that here because I'm a mod (I need to see what folks are posting), but I think you get the point. 

All I will say about your examples of "whiners" is that in RDOs case, those folks used the feedback site R* provided to lodge their complaints and make their suggestions.  ....and this wasn't a small group according R*.  This feedback is the reason they are implementing anti-griefing measures for those who indiscriminately kill (using their own words).  No one here is privy to all of the gameplay data, feedback, reports, etc. that R* is.  .....and I have to believe they are using all of that valuable information to help drive their decisions vs. making knee-jerk choices based on the opinion of a small minority of their player base.

Look, my point is that slamming people for voicing their opinion isn't the answer.  First, it doesn't help change anyone's opinion on the topic and second, it doesn't change anything with the game.  

Unlike other betas on console, RDO is still in development and R* is taking feedback seriously in it's development.  They have been urging people to use their feedback page to submit their own ideas, suggestions, bug reports and complaints.  I've used it several times myself.  If you really don't like the direction you think RDO is going, I would urge you to do the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The PvP / PvE aspect of Free Roam is obviously a well debated topic and one that has sparked some obvious divides among some folks.  All I'm saying is that we can still discuss the topics here with a level of civility without trying to belittle someone or a group of fellow members simply for sharing a difference of opinion.  That only serves to incite a negative reaction in others followed by a toxic exchange.  What good does that do?

Hey, I get tired of hearing some folks as well on forums for one reason or another so I just use the ignore feature and voila.  .....I don't have to read their remarks.  I can't really do that here because I'm a mod (I need to see what folks are posting), but I think you get the point. 

All I will say about your examples of "whiners" is that in RDOs case, those folks used the feedback site R* provided to lodge their complaints and make their suggestions.  ....and this wasn't a small group according R*.  This feedback is the reason they are implementing anti-griefing measures for those who indiscriminately kill (using their own words).  No one here is privy to all of the gameplay data, feedback, reports, etc. that R* is.  .....and I have to believe they are using all of that valuable information to help drive their decisions vs. making knee-jerk choices based on the opinion of a small minority of their player base.

Look, my point is that slamming people for voicing their opinion isn't the answer.  First, it doesn't help change anyone's opinion on the topic and second, it doesn't change anything with the game.  

Unlike other betas on console, RDO is still in development and R* is taking feedback seriously in it's development.  They have been urging people to use their feedback page to submit their own ideas, suggestions, bug reports and complaints.  I've used it several times myself.  If you really don't like the direction you think RDO is going, I would urge you to do the same.

Thank you sir and I will adjust my responses accordingly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Thank you sir and I will adjust my responses accordingly. 

Hey Chris,  Just know that I'm talking as a fellow member here.  If I weren't a mod, I'd still be posting what I did.  I'm just hoping we can all agree based on the kind of community I know we are and that we can continue to be.

I really like this community otherwise I wouldn't have accepted the job as a mod.  ....and I only did because I wanted to give back to all the folks who have contributed to make this one of the better forums out there.  I get the frustration of seeing a game's direction turn for what you feel is the worst.  Let's hope this isn't the case with RDO and that the solutions R* comes with can have benefits for us all. 

....speaking of which, I hardly see anyone mention this but I'm kinda curious about the whole bounty / posse thing.  Look what R* says here:

Law and Bounty Improvements to discourage griefing while introducing a new Freeroam dynamic between bounty hunters and criminal rogues

Makes me wonder the role players will have in this new "dynamic" they invision.  Maybe now we can actually have outlaws and lawmen RP in the game.  I could see this being fun and a challenge for both.  I'm sure there will be rewards for both.  

• Thanks 2

Truth is we have our opinion and was not aiming it at anyone especially in this forum.this forum is not that big compared to youtube.were just saying how we feel and if people take offense then thats life.i was generalising about what i see going on and once a bigger read dead forum is created no one should be able to control what is said.its about the game not nothing personal.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Hey Chris,  Just know that I'm talking as a fellow member here.  If I weren't a mod, I'd still be posting what I did.  I'm just hoping we can all agree based on the kind of community I know we are and that we can continue to be.

I really like this community otherwise I wouldn't have accepted the job as a mod.  ....and I only did because I wanted to give back to all the folks who have contributed to make this one of the better forums out there.  I get the frustration of seeing a game's direction turn for what you feel is the worst.  Let's hope this isn't the case with RDO and that the solutions R* comes with can have benefits for us all. 

....speaking of which, I hardly see anyone mention this but I'm kinda curious about the whole bounty / posse thing.  Look what R* says here:

Makes me wonder the role players will have in this new "dynamic" they invision.  Maybe now we can actually have outlaws and lawmen RP in the game.  I could see this being fun and a challenge for both.  I'm sure there will be rewards for both.  

Man that is so awesome @Kean_1 ! Thanks for this and I hope this comes to pass ! Exactly what I'm hoping for. 

27 minutes ago, dredd1961 said:

Well I was not in the wild west, but I do not believe for a moment. That people in those days rode around killing other people at will. Because they were bored, thought it was fun or enjoyed ruining other people's experiences.

I'm sorta on board with this statement I guess.  I'm sure it wasn't a nice place, but I'm also sure people didn't go around just shooting 10 shades outta each other in the middle of every town in the state.  But again, without people of all expectations the place might get dull I guess.

No ones running here mate.i fight back.im talking about the realism of the game being a shooting game and free roam.people can do what they like.mate take a look yourself how many people moaning and bitching because they got shot.and as for leaving lobby im saying if people find themselves outnumbered and cant get on in the game as they wish find another lobby.and no im not some bad ass cowboy i live in 2019 and have a job.its just a game for me to enjoy best i can.dont try think you can pick holes in my comments and think your clever with some smart ass comment back.my points are valid.and yes there were bullys in the wild west who did go shoot and kill all those indians for fun and there own people and not much has changed to this day.the world is full of bullys.killing and robbing.ruining many other peoples existence.the games real.as real as can be.look at history on a whole and many civlilisations killed others for fun and stole because they are bored of there own lives.and want more than they have.just like in the game i can look at a lobby and you can kind of tell if its a friendly lobby or pure chaos.maybe people want rockstar to make lobbys just for hunters to grind xp and money wihout the fear of others attacking and i get that its hard if your solo but they want peolple to team up and work as a team to defend each other and play the game as freely as possible.to many rules will make it not the wild west.even see some post about people saying a griefer should get jail time in game.like come on.get real.i never run unless those players outnumber me playing solo and its just waist all my time and supplies.if im with boys we deal bit of revenge for attacking us then move on as we do not attack anyone out of the blue.only if they try it with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auto aim is not realism, more people died in the wild west from the environment than being shot, play the game how you want and write on the forum how you want but be aware that in both action's there are reaction's

Someone said somewhere that this is a adult game, if it is then why don't people act like they are in the game and on the forum a adult, 

Make of this what you will, people are only trying to find solution's to make this game enjoyable for all who play that way the life span of the game may be longer than its life expectancy at the moment

Peace

Get on to rockstar to make a hunting and gathering game with xp so u can rank up quickly and feel big with a high rank.this game is all about tactics and awarness.i guess guys just aint quick on the draw.i hate griefers especially the twisted ones but they paid for the game and can play how they want just like we all can.i hope rockstar just implement a way we can teach them a lesson if they want to have a go.

2 minutes ago, ZombieFeet said:

Please dont tell me what to do 

Think some guys have taken alot to heart here.says alot.and i was never even replying to yourself bud.didnt even see you join in until i had submited my last post.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Saffron said:

but they paid for the game and can play how they want

Ya know something dude, this is very true.  And it's an exceptionally mature means of analyzing the issue with the griefing.  We're not getting rid of it which some will find annoying, while others probably enjoy participating in it, heck, I'm sure some folk come in from a 12 hour shift at work and love nothing more than jumping in and shooting everyone in sight to relieve some stress.  Most likely they're the ones who, if they wanted to fish and chill, would actually ditch the gamepad, grab a rod and actually go outside into the real world to do it.  We're all different at the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrens said:

Ya know something dude, this is very true.  And it's an exceptionally mature means of analyzing the issue with the griefing.  We're not getting rid of it which some will find annoying, while others probably enjoy participating in it, heck, I'm sure some folk come in from a 12 hour shift at work and love nothing more than jumping in and shooting everyone in sight to relieve some stress.  Most likely they're the ones who, if they wanted to fish and chill, would actually ditch the gamepad, grab a rod and actually go outside into the real world to do it.  We're all different at the end of the day.

Yeah mate phychos exist  have met some in the game.and lets not forget many kids dont wanna grind xp and hunt.they want to act the bad man.gang warfare will take place with rdr2 community.

• Haha 1

Just now, Saffron said:

Yeah mate phychos exist  have met some in the game.and lets not forget many kids dont wanna grind xp and hunt.they want to act the bad man.gang warfare will take place with rdr2 community.

Yeah, if only R* explicitly told the world it's not for kids with an age rating system or something...Oh wait xD  Sadly the system doesn't work, be great if in order to play you had to enter your social security number and a credit card number, good luck getting that off mom or dad and being trusted not to exploit it lol!

• Like 2

I agree with Syrens the thing that i get from all this griefing topic which is taking over the whole forum is this, as soon as some one say's the word Griefing the PvP players loose there mind's,

and thats because they think they are being targeted they aren't but if you don't understand what griefing is then i give up, 

1 minute ago, Syrens said:

Yeah, if only R* explicitly told the world it's not for kids with an age rating system or something...Oh wait xD  Sadly the system doesn't work, be great if in order to play you had to enter your social security number and a credit card number, good luck getting that off mom or dad and being trusted not to exploit it lol!

But also i see this game maybe a good platform to help some kids not to bully.we as adults need to help them.instead of demonising them all the time.