Randomly not getting any XP for kills

Bullets_R_Us

This has been happening for weeks now.  Every time i try to grind killing cops, i randomly stop getting XP for the kills. The "popups" saying +5 Kill, +5 Headshot, etc do not even appear and my level does not progress at all.   This issue is completely random in terms of occurence, sometimes i dont even get XP for the first kill, other times i dont get XP after 15 mins of killing.  The only way to fix this is to escape the cops and restart killing, or die and respawn.  Even doing this sometimes i still dont get XP.  This isn't limited to cops either, if i kill too many animals i also start to not get any xp.  I cant find anyone else with this issue so can someone please help??

First things first....  Hi Bullets and welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify, RDR2.org is a fan site and not affiliated with R*.  Something obviously doesn't sound right in your scenario and I would urge you to submit a bug report to R* directly through the link below:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.137104240.1965470933.1548811803-1719606522.1525287356

Having said that, I personally haven't heard of this issue but maybe someone else has and found a way to work around it.

They may have put on a counter (timed) and will stop rewarding XP after so many kills so one player or a small group isn't killing off all the animals and NPCs on the servers. I don't know if this would be a thing or not but I wouldn't put it past them.

I have only ever had this happen to me prior to being kicked. For about 30 seconds to a minute and a half before being kicked, I suddenly stop earning XP and I can't pick anything up. It makes sense if you are about to be kicked but it shouldn't be happening when you are fine with the connection to the server.

Howdy. Not just you OP.

I also have noticed since yesterday: a few stretches where I got no credit for other Animal kills I normally would have. Once was before I was dropped from the server due to R* error. The other 2 times, I was on for at least an hour and didn't get credit. It does appear... random. Didn't detect a pattern. I didn't have to get kicked or logged out to start seeing credit again for later kills... it just started counting credit for kills again.

I've only ever previously noticed this (consistently) with Geese. I guess R* feels Geese are so easy to kill they just don't grant XP? I've slaughtered a couple hundred across several sessions, never once received an XP credit for one.

On 1/31/2019 at 8:42 PM, Snipe said:

Howdy. Not just you OP.

I also have noticed since yesterday: a few stretches where I got no credit for other Animal kills I normally would have. Once was before I was dropped from the server due to R* error. The other 2 times, I was on for at least an hour and didn't get credit. It does appear... random. Didn't detect a pattern. I didn't have to get kicked or logged out to start seeing credit again for later kills... it just started counting credit for kills again.

I've only ever previously noticed this (consistently) with Geese. I guess R* feels Geese are so easy to kill they just don't grant XP? I've slaughtered a couple hundred across several sessions, never once received an XP credit for one.

I was on a server not getting any XP for a good 10 min. I decided to hop offline and wait a few and go back, then I randomly got some pop-ups. I never had it happen where I didn't get the credit at all though.