Do I need a second PS Plus account for two players to play off the same internet connection?

Jackthestripper

So, I have two PS4s, and with my wife being a new avid RDRO player, we would like to roll together ...Do I need two different PS Plus accounts to play off the same internet connection? I know I need a second copy of the game obviously, but wasn't sure if we need a second PS Plus account? 

9 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I believe you would... you only get one character slot and it works of your psn ID....

Yeah, I kind of figured that but thought I would ask around LOL Atleast we don't need two separate internet connections. Just hope it doesn't lag. I guess one person will be wired and one will be using Wi-Fi. Anyhow, thanks for the info!

You can run to consoles on the same internet connection no problem. I have done it before with my roommate. We played GTA online with two separate Xbox 360's and TVs. We had crappy internet and it did fine. I have not done this with RDR2 online though.

12 minutes ago, jACKx said:

You can run to consoles on the same internet connection no problem. I have done it before with my roommate. We played GTA online with two separate Xbox 360's and TVs. We had crappy internet and it did fine. I have not done this with RDR2 online though.

Yeah I imagine with the connection issues it wouldn't be a good idea right now... We'll probably wait until beta is done and then have a go at it. Ironically, my wife is getting disconnected as we speak LOL 

The question is if you can use the same PSN account on two PS4 consoles at the same time, right? 

I tried looking it up and never found a clear answer, just mixed opinions or claims.  Personally, I would ask Sony Support just to be sure.  

45 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The question is if you can use the same PSN account on two PS4 consoles at the same time, right? 

I tried looking it up and never found a clear answer, just mixed opinions or claims.  Personally, I would ask Sony Support just to be sure.  

I think it's a good idea, and I will be contacting them tomorrow to get a clear answer. My wife and I have our own separate PSN accounts, we can log on to the PlayStation network from either PS4 and play with our own character. The question is if I am already logged in on one console and playing online, when she logs in can she share the same PS Plus account? It would be a real bummer if I had to go get another PS Plus account LOL

On 2/3/2019 at 3:12 PM, Kean_1 said:

Well, just as we both thought...I contacted Playstation support, and was informed that only one of us will be allowed to use the PS PLUS account for online.  If the other person was to try and access the same PS PLUS account to play online while the other person is accessing it, it is actually a violation of the terms of use for PS PLUS, and likely you would be unable to access any online games for a time.  So, if my wife and I want to play at the same time in the same session, 2 PS PLUS accounts will be needed.  Bummer, but was worth a shot.  Oh well, looks like we'll be in it for another account plus another copy of the game.  

17 hours ago, Owl Whiskey said:

I think I did this by swapping consoles, one player played on the other console (not the default console) and vis versa; didn't realize it was a violation of terms though, so idk.

......as you get a knock on your door. ;)

• Haha 1