Horse Information

SNAK3S

I was looking for information myself so I thought this was worth sharing.

This is basic information on horses to help you decide which would be best for what

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/449957-red-dead-redemption-2-horse-locations-guide

Riding: Below Average Health, Stamina, Speed, Acceleration Stats
War: High Health and Stamina - Low Speed and Acceleration
Work: High Stamina - Average Health and Speed - Low Acceleration
DraftAverage Health, Stamina, Speed, Acceleration Stats
Race: High Speed and Acceleration - Low Health and Stamina
Superior: High Health, Stamina, Speed, Acceleration Stats

Horse Breeds:

• AMERICAN PAINT - Work
  • AMERICAN STANDARDBRED - Race
  • APPALOOSA - Work
  • ANDALUSIAN - War
  • ARABIAN - Superior
  • ARDENNES - War
  • BELGIAN - Draft
  • DUTCH WARMBLOOD - Work
  • HUNGARIAN HALF-BRED - War
  • KENTUCKY SADDLER - Riding
  • MISSOURI FOX TROTTER - Race/Work
  • MORGAN - Riding
  • MUSTANG - War/Work
  • NOKOTA - Race
  • SHIRE - Draft
  • SUFFOLK PUNCH - Draft
  • TENNESSEE WALKER - Riding
  • THOROUGHBRED - Race
  • TURKOMAN - Race/War

Legendary Horses:

• AMERICAN PAINT SPLASHED WHITE COAT - Work
  • ARABIAN WHITE COAT - Superior 
  • MUSTANG TIGER STRIPED BAY COAT - War/Work
Edited by SNAK3S
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VampireKrush said:

So basically riding horses suck at life and superior horses are OP as heck. lol I think most of the horses I have has were race or work. Which one is best for hunting? War horses?

none, best hunting is done on foot, animals will hear the horse, even just walking, from quite a ways off.

Hunting is definitely best on foot, preferably crouched and using the bow, but an ideal horse as a hunting companion for my experience is a War horse, like the Hungarian Halfbred, as they are extremely courageous and can't be spooked easy. You can unlock the Hungarian Halfbred at level 24 in multiplayer and find one in the wild in single player as early as Chapter 2,

Tip: If you've whistled for your horse and it's following you while you track an animal, focus on your horse with L2 and command it to "Stay". This way it won't scare your target game. I've found that you can whistle for your horse as you skin an animal (mid-animation) despite not actually hearing your character whistle.

A War horse is perfect for when you get ambushed by a pack of wolves, a grizzly, cougar or rival gangs (Murfree Brood especially). If it's you that's firing a weapon, the Hungarian Halfbred at Level 4 bonding will merely flick it's ears and bounce ever so slightly.

I'm not experienced with other types/breeds yet as I'm still early on in both Singleplayer and Online so this guide definitely helps me understand better and make an informed choice as I level up Online. I find it odd that the Draft horses have more speed/acceleration than War horses or Riding horses

3 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

A War horse is perfect for when you get ambushed by a pack of wolves, a grizzly, cougar or rival gangs (Murfree Brood especially). If it's you that's firing a weapon, the Hungarian Halfbred at Level 4 bonding will merely flick it's ears and bounce ever so slightly.

My white and black arabians and the fox trotter will also do this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I mostly use race horses online. They may be able to be taken down easier but it helps to have the upper hand with outrunning gangs of trolls. I do like my fox trotter but I think the girl is a bit slow in the head.

run her into a tree a few times,  doesn't help but it makes me feel better when they're being stupid.