Horse being odd

YodaMan 3D

So this weekend I was heading for Strawberry, I had a large 3 star pelt on my horse and I had another in my hand.  Decided to use the railroad tracks.  Help make sure less activity that way.  At one point I reached an area where the horse just wouldn't pass, in fact it would reach that same spot and then run back the opposite way.   Much like it does when a predator is nearby.  Odd thing is, their wasn't anything nearby.  It just would quit following me and I would have to turn around and chase it down.

Just now, cory206 said:

Did you try aiming at it? I've come across invisible animals showing up in aim and have come across a (live) horse up to it's neck in road. It may have been a glitched predator.

There was nothing around.  I was looking just in case, dropped the pelt I had and grabbed the gun, nothing insight, and nothing on the map.

29 minutes ago, cory206 said:

Think that might be it, they do get fright.

Thing was it walked to about half way across the bridge.  It wasn't like it stopped soon as we got there.  It walk about half way across, get spooked and then run all the way back.  There was just one point where it just wouldn't cross.  I had to drop the pelt I was carrying to hop on it to get it moving beyond that point.

I have had my horse stop like that, like he bumped an immovable object.

Also see him acting differently when I'm on a bridge. I cannot seem to whistle (no sound) on a bridge, after I get off the bridge he will come after I whistle, may not use bridge though.

5 hours ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Thing was it walked to about half way across the bridge.  It wasn't like it stopped soon as we got there.  It walk about half way across, get spooked and then run all the way back.  There was just one point where it just wouldn't cross.  I had to drop the pelt I was carrying to hop on it to get it moving beyond that point.

Your horse is afraid of heights that's all.  😁

Happen to me somewhere in heartland. No alert indication,  but horse keep turn back like there is predator in front. The horse animation is same as like it saw alligator nearby. Using eagle eye, didn't found any animal.

Maybe my horse saw ghost .. haha