Can we stop the hackers and glitchers please..

Whitman1965

Question

I dont mind being killed for no reason while hunting. I dont mind being shot n harrassed while doing missions.  But these cheating lowlifes that cant play the game without cheating has got to stop. Reporting it doesn't work, red dead does nothing about it. 

14 answers to this question

8 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

I know there are some using something that is preventing them from getting targeted and taking damage, maybe like out of sync with the game. Not sure.   And they are to low for slippery bastard.

How low in rank are they?  Slippery Bastard can be bought at rank 50.

As an aside. I was killed by one shot yesterday from a griefer using a Lancaster Repeater. Which left me asking questions. Because my loadout was tier 3, Never Without One, ability card and I also had tier 3, Slow and Steady. I was also was wearing a hat at the time.   The greifer was a rank 174 and I was at the time rank 106. But that wouldn't make a difference? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dredd1961 said:

As an aside. I was killed by one shot yesterday from a griefer using a Lancaster Repeater. Which left me asking questions. Because my loadout was tier 3, Never Without One, ability card and I also had tier 3, Slow and Steady. I was also was wearing a hat at the time.   The greifer was a rank 174 and I was at the time rank 106. But that wouldn't make a difference? 

Sounds like explosive ammo bro ! That stuff is nasty !

2 minutes ago, dredd1961 said:

Yeah that is what I am thinking. But a lancaster repeater? I put it down as one of those things. You know sh*t happens lol.  

Yea not big on Lancaster either. Usually run bolt action with express for Npcs and my trusty Litchfield with. High vilosity for pvp. And of course explosive for special encounters. Lol

4 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Yea not big on Lancaster either. Usually run bolt action with express for Npcs and my trusty Litchfield with. High vilosity for pvp. And of course explosive for special encounters. Lol

Same. Bolt Action with explosive gives you max damage. It's a one shot kill. Unless they have the right load out for Abilities. Then it's a two shot. I have found. 

• Like 1

I have never seen a single hacker in this game.  Just yesterday some guy stole my horse so I killed him and took it back, then he respawn and took a shot a me and missed.  I killed him and he freaked out.  Then he (downed) me and I kill myself before he could finish me off.  For the next 20 minutes he was bitching that I was hacking because he didn't get xp for a kill he never even got.  Begging the entire server to report me.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

I have never seen a single hacker in this game.  Just yesterday some guy stole my horse so I killed him and took it back, then he respawn and took a shot a me and missed.  I killed him and he freaked out.  Then he (downed) me and I kill myself before he could finish me off.  For the next 20 minutes he was bitching that I was hacking because he didn't get xp for a kill he never even got.  Begging the entire server to report me.  

That was a smart move. I am going to keep that in my back pocket for the future. Sometimes it is just a good thing to stick it to the troll by letting them believe you hacked the game lol

8 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

The guy was only rank 23, and he kept fading in and out or something like that. When I noticed that I just waited until he got ready to fire before taking my shot.

On your situation though, it does sound like explosive rounds...nasty stuff.

6 hours ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

Question, why the Litchfield over the lancaster? I see that the Litchfield has more damage but it seems that the lancaster is better every other way. And it's a bit faster locking on target. Really want to know because I have been on the fence about getting one.

• Like 1

What I'm talking about isn't killing urself. I'm talking about staying in ghost so no one can do anything with u, respawning instantly, never leaving the game, in the same spot, still shooting. The game says they died up was giving xp they just dont. Staying in ghost while on horse back n running over folks but no one can shoot them

Several other examples. N they admit to doing it, hacking, n yes they r working the glitches, so fix it already.

31 minutes ago, Whitman1965 said:

What I'm talking about isn't killing urself. I'm talking about staying in ghost so no one can do anything with u, respawning instantly, never leaving the game, in the same spot, still shooting. The game says they died up was giving xp they just dont. Staying in ghost while on horse back n running over folks but no one can shoot them

Several other examples. N they admit to doing it, hacking, n yes they r working the glitches, so fix it already.

Couple things.....

You need to realize this isn't an official Rockstar or Take Two forum so we "can't fix it" even if we wanted to.  RDR2.org is a fan site with a community of (you guessed it) fans who share information, discuss the game and help one another.  ;)

Also, if you don't tell us in your posts what you are talking about, then it leaves everyone guessing.  As they say, help us to help you.  .....please take that into consideration when creating a new topic, etc.

Now, there have been several discussions on the topic here and other social media sites as to what causes this with no real clear answer that I could find.  Some believe that it's not always an exploit but there has been enough accounts with suspicious behavior to suggest that others are using an exploit to achieve the same thing.

My suggestion?  Continue to report the players as you have been doing and also block them using the PSN feature or XB1 if that's your platform.  .......btw, completing your profile would also help so folks know information like this.

More importantly. I would also report the incident(s) through R* Support here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.141123894.526311906.1550255596-1719606522.1525287356

Doing so will create a trouble ticket where a representative will get back to you usually within 24 hours.  If this is occurring to you as frequently as you imply, then I would also try and capture footage using the PS/MS tools available to you.  This will go a long way to helping R* recognize the issue and do something about it. 

5 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

Question, why the Litchfield over the lancaster? I see that the Litchfield has more damage but it seems that the lancaster is better every other way. And it's a bit faster locking on target. Really want to know because I have been on the fence about getting one.

Range and holds more rounds. High velocity seems to carry distance even after lock on is too far. Have to free aim past lock on distance but very little falloff