Found an interesting "faded note" about Braithwaite gold

lumper

Not sure if any of this is spoiler worthy, I dont think so, but please let me know if it is and I need to cover it or delete it or anything.

Dated 1806 a Letter to Douglas Gray from Lucille Braithwaite.

It reads about how they are in love and want to be together and that she is in exile in Connecticut, ( I live in Ct),.

She goes on to say, "Use that gold I told you about to provide funding for two years of operation so they can keep pressure on congress to abolish the importation of slaves into this country"

She says, "They will not notice it missing or they will assume the other stole it"

Lastly she goes on to say, "Then come for me my love as we planned, and we will flee somewhere far away....."

I found this very interesting, this answers what happened to the Gray/Braithwaite gold that everyone was talking about in chapter 3 and wondering where it was, even the deputy mentions it in a mission and how it is more myth than real and folks arent even sure anymore what happened ...

I was farming gators for big game meat north of St Denis east of the tracks and way out toward the waters edge, I found a lock baox half burried in the mud, I just stumbled upon it.

If you want exact location,  here it is.

I never noticed this before but on the map, just south of Bluewater Marsh it says "Lagras" and under that "Lakay", just under Lakay it says N W A , i dont know what it stands for, and never noticed it until today, but using that as a landmark from the "A" look directly east, across the tracks, and see several small islands, it was out on one of the furthest from shore right there somewhere.

Has anyone else found this letter or seen or heard of this before?

Lump

Did you read my post?
There is no gold, we know that, this letter explains why there is no gold, what happened to the gold.

That is why I posted it and said "Found an interesting note about Braithwaite gold."

This is why the note is interesting.

Edited by lumper

3 hours ago, lumper said:

Did you read my post?
There is no gold, we know that, this letter explains why there is no gold, what happened to the gold.

That is why I posted it and said "Found an interesting note about Braithwaite gold."

But there is gold in the Braitwaith manor, a gold bar to be exact if my memory is not tur ing senile. It can be found once the house is burnt down. 

17 hours ago, lumper said:

Did you read my post?

I misunderstood that part, my bad.

13 hours ago, Minimoni said:

But there is gold in the Braitwaith manor, a gold bar to be exact if my memory is not tur ing senile. It can be found once the house is burnt down. 

I've been back to the manor more than a few times since its destruction, but haven't found anything besides the broach. Where is it?

6 hours ago, Parzival said:

I misunderstood that part, my bad.

I've been back to the manor more than a few times since its destruction, but haven't found anything besides the broach. Where is it?

The gold is in a lockbox under som debris. It is only possible to find from chapter 4 and onward. 

Link to gold bars in the game, read at your own peril. https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/11/21/18105649/rdr2-finding-gold-bars-money-exploit-limpany-braithwaite-manor-train-wreck-strange-painting-statues

Edited by Minimoni

In chapter 4 like first thing you do from Shady Belle since it is so close, is ride up to the burnt mansion and walk in where the body is, if you are facing the front door so to speak, the gold is to the left of the corpse, behind a partial wall that is still standing, dont take your time though or run, otherwise they will start in on you, I was able to ride up, I waited at the gate brushing  my horse until the two armed guards walked away, then I just walked in slowly, grabbed it and walked back to my horse and left, no issues.

So just to recap this post.

The "Faded Letter" explains what really happened  to the gold nearly 100 years prior to 1899.

Back in 1806 a Braithwaite was in love with a Gray much like the two youngsters Arthur helps out in chapter 3, anyway and these two through correspondence decided to use the families gold supply to finance their efforts to sway members of congress to influence lawmakers to abolish importing slaves.

So the Gold that Hosea and Dutch wanted to find and steal, the gold that the Gray family was holding a grudge against the Braithwaites over and visa versa was spent 93 years earlier for a noble cause unbeknownst to the remaining family members.

Yes there is one gold bar in the mansion that after chapter 3 can be looted, however, the myth of Braithwaite gold is just that, in chapter 3 several different people will discuss it, including the deputy and Sheriff Gray too, they arent sure about it and explain how nobody remembers quite what happened to start this fight, other than accusing eachother of stealing the others gold.