Caught and mailed all 13 legendary fish with Arthur, now what?

lumper

Question

The problem is, I am not getting an invite from Jeremy Gill now, once I mailed them all in.

In my previous play through, I started these with Arthur and finished with John, so that made sense, but now, I am just waiting for the invite, I assume it isnt coming because Arthur isnt allowed south of Blackwater, although I was able to go down there as Arthur and hunt all the legendary animals and fish.

Anyway, so what now?

do you think the game will simply wait for the epilogue to continue this?

If so on what pretext, why wait 7 years to follow up?

Arthur mailed the fish not John, Im just a little confused, I assumed whoever mailed them, would get the invite and them maybe just like I did earlier I could go with Jeremy to Rio wherever and fish for the catfish together, 

That would make sense, and they cold simply add a cut scene to put you on location with Jeremy and then after the mission have you re-spawn across the river back in fair territory.

after all I was able to get there and fish in the first place, so why not now?

Anyway if Arthur wasnt supposed to catch those fish, I think the game could have done more to facilitate that, like not have the legendary fish notification pop up when you are there and just not spawn the legendary fish for Arthur, the very fact that they do made me think this was going to work.

I dont mind waiting, I just think it is stupid, the story doesnt make sense if Jeremy waits 7 years to invite Arthur who is long gone at that point, how would he even know how to get in touch with John for example?

I guess I got a little ahead of myself, anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Lump

6 answers to this question

After I played the first mission in chapter 4, the one in the cemetery I went to Blackwater.

I read that if you fail to go undetected in the cemetery that after that mission you can enter the lower map and nobody will bother you as long as you dont break the law, or get in to trouble so I tried it, I shot the last guard at the cemetery gate then escaped,  and it worked, I took Arthur all over the lower map, he wrote in his journal about the crashed flying machine and the donkey lady, etc.., I hunted the legendary animals and caught the legendry fish, I found the remaining dino bones,  gathered some herbs, and then headed back, I forgot to get a few animals down there like the gilla monster or armadillo but otherwise I was satisfied with having done the hunting and dinosaur bones.

Anyway as far as I know I can probably go back, I havent tried it, as I only wanted the bones, and animals so Arthur could experience those things.

In my last play through the dino lady commented how it had been 7 years, same with Agernon wasp. so I figured this time, I would try to get more done with Arthur.

But I fear now I will have to wait for the epilogue now for Gil.

Lump

I'm guessing that in fluking your way into Blackwater and catching the fish as Arthur, you've ended up in a situation that wasn't plotted and scripted  in the game.

I suspect that there's no voice scripts for Arthur meeting Gill as that was never intended to be the end result of the fishing story.

I'm trying to get to Jeremy gills location. Do I have to be on a certain chapter? 

I'm only at the beginning of chapter 3.my problem is once I get by tall trees every which way I go I'm getting killed by law men. 

It looks to me now I'm doing something eith wrong or to early in the game. I only want the legendary fish map lo. Then know my luck you can't use it online. 

17 hours ago, G IR U IB said:

I'm trying to get to Jeremy gills location. Do I have to be on a certain chapter? 

I'm only at the beginning of chapter 3.my problem is once I get by tall trees every which way I go I'm getting killed by law men. 

It looks to me now I'm doing something eith wrong or to early in the game. I only want the legendary fish map lo. Then know my luck you can't use it online. 

If you're going into the Wanted Dead or Alive area around Blackwater and Tall Trees to find Jeremy Gill you're definitely doing something wrong.  He's no where near there.  He's on the edge of Flat Iron Lake, the northern shore.

The only way to get south of Blackwater that I know of and not be hunted, is to play the chapter 3 mission, I think it is chapter 3, where you go to Bronte's mansion to get JAck back, in that mission one of the tasks you have to complete is search the cemetery and not be seen, But if at some point you are seen by police, yet you still escape and live, to finish the mission, afterwards when it is all over, for some reason, you can then travel to Blackwater or any other part of New Austin and nobody will hassle you.

Now I read that this was patched, so I am not sure if you can still do this or not.

When I did it, it worked perfectly.

UPDATE:

So once I got to the epilogue and was able to free roam, I had some mail, and it was the invite from Gil, which is odd, since John never met Gil, or sent him any fish.

anyway, the story went on as it should and left me as John at Rio Bravo.

SO I guess R* never recorded script from Arthur in case anyone did this, and the game is a bit linear in that respect as far as this fishing legendary fish is concerned.

Im sure even though they had the budget and time allowances they had, that they still woudl have loved more time and more money, the game as awesome as it is, has many areas where I think hmm it woudl be nice if... and then I think, I bet they wanted that, but..... I cant wait to see what the future holds.