Impact holsters/belts/boots/hats etc?

Herta47

Question

There are so many types and prices of holsters/belts/boots/hats etc. Is there a specific advantage in the game on buying special types  or just cosmetic😂

Edited by Herta47

19 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Herta47 said:

There are so many types and prices of holsters/belts/boots/hats etc. Is there a specific advantage in the game on buying special types  or just cosmetic😂

The only thing I can think of is offhand holsters like the deadbolt holster allow you to dual wield pistols, revolvers or sawed off shotguns. Other than that, it's all cosmetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

The only thing I can think of is offhand holsters like the deadbolt holster allow you to dual wield pistols, revolvers or sawed off shotguns. Other than that, it's all cosmetic.

Thanks👍

On 3/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, Vaderspupil said:

Does the (offhand) deadbolt holster automaticly store two pistols/revolvers/off shotguns? You can't notice that in the gunstore guide or you need two of them?

Edited by Herta47

8 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Does the (offhand) deadbolt holster automaticly store two pistols/revolvers/off shotguns? You can't notice that in the gunstore guide or you need two of them?

You need a minimum of 2 guns to dual wield. You set one to your regular holster and one to your off hand. You can mix and match with pistols, revolvers and sawed off shotguns. When you have your 2 guns set select the "12 o'clock" position on the weapon wheel to dual wield.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You need a minimum of 2 guns to dual wield. You set one to your regular holster and one to your off hand. You can mix and match with pistols, revolvers and sawed off shotguns. When you have your 2 guns set select the "12 o'clock" position on the weapon wheel to dual wield.

I have two guns, but never used them simultaneously. Where can I find the option to set one to off hand and and one to your holster ? I just see one revolver at the time for selection. Thx for your help👍

52 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

I have two guns, but never used them simultaneously. Where can I find the option to set one to off hand and and one to your holster ? I just see one revolver at the time for selection. Thx for your help👍

"11 o'clock" and "1 o'clock " on the weapon when is where you set the sidearms. You can also do it while in a gun store by selecting the customize option, selecting the gun you want and selecting where it is carried.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

"11 o'clock" and "1 o'clock " on the weapon when is where you set the sidearms. You can also do it while in a gun store by selecting the customize option, selecting the gun you want and selecting where it is carried.

Thanks. You normally wear one on each hip?

Try it tomorrow. You hear from me👍

Edited by Herta47

21 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Thanks. You normally wear one on each hip?

Try it tomorrow. You hear from me👍

I have the deadholt holster and two pistols. Went to the gunshop for update. No result.

I see only one pistol at the time at the weapon scroll. There should be both pistols at the same time as in RDR2.

What's the problem? HELP!

20 hours ago, Darkvicar said:

Silly question...have you saved the outfit with the two holsters equipped? Could be a piece in the puzzle.

Thanks👍 I will follow up your advice, but what's the best tailor outfit for two holsters? 

It works. Thx👍👍

Edited by Herta47

On 3/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, Vaderspupil said:

Hi,

What are the best weapons for dual wield?

I own a Volcanic pistol and schofield revolver. Is a repeating shotgun also possible in your holster?

Edited by Herta47

3 hours ago, Herta47 said:

Hi,

What are the best weapons for dual wield?

I own a Volcanic pistol and schofield revolver. Is a repeating shotgun also possible in your holster?

I have dual Schofields for mid range combat and dual sawed offs for cqc. I can't give you an opinion on pistols. I do not currently have any in my possession.

Repeating shotgun is a longarm weapon. It won't go in a holster.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 3:38 AM, Herta47 said:

Sorry I mean to quote one of your other questions, lol but I wanted to explain how to equip them both at once.

When you have the "off hand" holster, you can then carry two side arms, so when you use your weapon wheel instead of going to 11 o clock to grab a pistol or going to 1 o clock to get another pistol you can just select 12 o clock, and you will equip them both at once, one in each hand, and when you put them away, one goes in the holster, the other in the off hand holster.

Edited by lumper

20 hours ago, Herta47 said:

I have the Never without One ability Tier 3 and wear a Grisly hat. They still shoot my hat off. 

What's the best difficult hat to shoot off? 

The way never without one works is instead of taking a headshot when you are wearing a hat, your hat gets shot off. It doesn't matter what hat you are wearing, it's the same effect regardless. Once your hat gets shot off, you are vulnerable to headshots as well as taking increased damage until you can put your hat back on, which you can do from your horse.

• Like 1

Saddles, stirrups and spurs affect horse performance. Highest rated non-custom saddle: Gerden Trail (level 36) + Level 74 upgrade (on my alternate horse, MFT). Doing the math on the exotic saddles, appears the beaver outperforms the others (it's on my primary ride, Nakota)