Some new stuff unlocked

Zampen

1 hour ago, Azzimovve said:

And other few are now out of stock : tasman outfit for example 😉

It was mentioned that some of these new cosmetics were limited items.  However, they will be rotated through stock which means we'll seeing some of these items back in the catalogue again.

Very little of the locked clothing has been unlocked, I thought either the Benbow or Porter jacket would at least be made available. They posted a Newswire article talking about future updates and what they'll include which has got me a bit worried.

"The Offensive Playing Style is much like the current Free Roam play as we know it while the Defensive Playing Style is a more evolved version of the Passive Mode concept, designed for Red Dead Online’s more grounded experience - giving players more flexibility in how they interact with the world and at the same time de-emphasizing hostile contact with other players. 

Choosing the Defensive option introduces balances that compliment a less confrontational approach: Defensive players cannot be lassoed by rival players - although if a Defensive player lassos another player, they’ll be removed from Defensive play and incur a significant Hostility level increase. Defensive players will trade the ability to lock on to other players for the benefit that other players will not be able to lock on to Defensive players. 

While Defensive players can target and be targeted in free aim, they cannot deliver or receive critical hits – if a Defensive player is attacked with a headshot, they’ll survive and be able to defend themselves via the Hostility system or escape all while remaining Defensive. There are several other adjustments that come with the Defensive Playing Style, all of which are built to work seamlessly with systems like Hostility and Bounties to keep all players rooted in the world."

I'm calling it now, tryhards and griefers will find a way to abuse this new "Defensive Playing Style" option and this new option will just end up an overpowered game breaking tool.

Rockstar are so stubborn and are committed to making the one Freeroam for all system work. They add Parley, God Mode in stores, Bounties for killing others and soon a Defensive Playing Style option when all we really need is Friendly Freeroam.

When they described this new option as a more evolved version of Passive Mode for Red Dead Online's more grounded experience I had little chuckle. "grounded experience"? You've got players running around with bulletproof hats, explosive bullets, explosive arrows and you've almost always got a player who Parleys with you just to stand in front of you and stop you defending yourself, this game is becoming a joke and Rockstar continue to ignore the community feedback because they believe they know better.

I want this game to evolve and get better but stuff like this worries me, I hope that I'm wrong about this new Defensive Playing Style option and it turns out to be perfectly balanced and can't be abused but I'm not holding my breath.

They also stated in their Newswire post that they're adding a Hostility System to allow players to kill others in self defence without incurring a bounty which is great news but it should've been common sense to include something like  this when you added the bounty system, I highly doubt Rockstar will be reimbursing me for the near $600 I lost all because I defended myself from other players.

The most exciting thing I read in the Newswire post was the announcement that the LeMat Revolver will be making a return, it wasn't super surprising since they've already added the Evans Repeater and you can find a poster for the LeMat Revolver in the Blackwater Police Station but I'm pleased to see it's confirmed now.

21 hours ago, Archbell said:

Very little of the locked clothing has been unlocked, I thought either the Benbow or Porter jacket would at least be made available. They posted a Newswire article talking about future updates and what they'll include which has got me a bit worried.

"The Offensive Playing Style is much like the current Free Roam play as we know it while the Defensive Playing Style is a more evolved version of the Passive Mode concept, designed for Red Dead Online’s more grounded experience - giving players more flexibility in how they interact with the world and at the same time de-emphasizing hostile contact with other players. 

Choosing the Defensive option introduces balances that compliment a less confrontational approach: Defensive players cannot be lassoed by rival players - although if a Defensive player lassos another player, they’ll be removed from Defensive play and incur a significant Hostility level increase. Defensive players will trade the ability to lock on to other players for the benefit that other players will not be able to lock on to Defensive players. 

While Defensive players can target and be targeted in free aim, they cannot deliver or receive critical hits – if a Defensive player is attacked with a headshot, they’ll survive and be able to defend themselves via the Hostility system or escape all while remaining Defensive. There are several other adjustments that come with the Defensive Playing Style, all of which are built to work seamlessly with systems like Hostility and Bounties to keep all players rooted in the world."

I'm calling it now, tryhards and griefers will find a way to abuse this new "Defensive Playing Style" option and this new option will just end up an overpowered game breaking tool.

Rockstar are so stubborn and are committed to making the one Freeroam for all system work. They add Parley, God Mode in stores, Bounties for killing others and soon a Defensive Playing Style option when all we really need is Friendly Freeroam.

When they described this new option as a more evolved version of Passive Mode for Red Dead Online's more grounded experience I had little chuckle. "grounded experience"? You've got players running around with bulletproof hats, explosive bullets, explosive arrows and you've almost always got a player who Parleys with you just to stand in front of you and stop you defending yourself, this game is becoming a joke and Rockstar continue to ignore the community feedback because they believe they know better.

I want this game to evolve and get better but stuff like this worries me, I hope that I'm wrong about this new Defensive Playing Style option and it turns out to be perfectly balanced and can't be abused but I'm not holding my breath.

They also stated in their Newswire post that they're adding a Hostility System to allow players to kill others in self defence without incurring a bounty which is great news but it should've been common sense to include something like  this when you added the bounty system, I highly doubt Rockstar will be reimbursing me for the near $600 I lost all because I defended myself from other players.

The most exciting thing I read in the Newswire post was the announcement that the LeMat Revolver will be making a return, it wasn't super surprising since they've already added the Evans Repeater and you can find a poster for the LeMat Revolver in the Blackwater Police Station but I'm pleased to see it's confirmed now.

This made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.