No camp?

lumper

Question

So today I joined free roam as I usually do, and noticed I had no camp, so I thought, ok, Ill just set one up.

I went through the menu and did the normal thing, but nothing happened.

then I decided to get off my horse and use the weapon wheel to set one up, again nothing.

I have tried several times in several locations, I can not make camp.

Any ideas why?

8 answers to this question

You should be able to go into player menu, set camp location,  choose small camp and make sure that you hold down the purchase option (I think it's triangle on PS4 ) so R* can get their $2 RDO from you.

Then check your map again

...If that doesn't work you probably have to contact support.

They did tell me that their is a known bug with camps not spawning or constantly having to pay for a new one (like me) but like everything else no timeline of when it will be fixed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dissention said:

You should be able to go into player menu, set camp location,  choose small camp and make sure that you hold down the purchase option (I think it's triangle on PS4 ) so R* can get their $2 RDO from you.

Then check your map again

...If that doesn't work you probably have to contact support.

They did tell me that their is a known bug with camps not spawning or constantly having to pay for a new one (like me) but like everything else no timeline of when it will be fixed. 

Thanks for the reply Dissention.

I did try it both that way and within the weapons/item wheel, and neither worked.

I will fire it up in a few minutes and see if maybe I didnt hold down the purchase button, that is the only thing I can think of, BUT I have set up camps many many times, even within one session, and I have never had a problem before so it is hard for mt to imagine that I did it wrong, but meh, ya never know and it is worth looking at to make sure.

Hopefully it is my error, I really miss my camp.

20 minutes ago, lumper said:

Thanks for the reply Dissention.

I did try it both that way and within the weapons/item wheel, and neither worked.

I will fire it up in a few minutes and see if maybe I didnt hold down the purchase button, that is the only thing I can think of, BUT I have set up camps many many times, even within one session, and I have never had a problem before so it is hard for mt to imagine that I did it wrong, but meh, ya never know and it is worth looking at to make sure.

Hopefully it is my error, I really miss my camp.

I can almost guarantee it on R* end.   I should have also added the whole windows thing... when in doubt reboot.

Personally I'm waiting for R* to tell me why I spawn into a free room with dirty guns, no hat, and no deadeye right after I clean my guns, drink a potion, and load "never without one". 

Like I said I had similar problem about a week ago.

15 hours ago, Dissention said:

I can almost guarantee it on R* end.   I should have also added the whole windows thing... when in doubt reboot.

Personally I'm waiting for R* to tell me why I spawn into a free room with dirty guns, no hat, and no deadeye right after I clean my guns, drink a potion, and load "never without one". 

Like I said I had similar problem about a week ago.

5 minutes ago, Darkvicar said:

I get a lot of camp glitches....return to my camp and now it's someone else's. Most days I pay 2 bucks to move camp to a specific location and r* just take the money and put the camp in a completely different state.

Thanks for the replies, is helps.

I was able to spawn in and try again, and this time it worked, made a camp for me.

I did everything the same way I have always done, and it finally worked, I think that whole session I was in was a little "off"

Oh well, glad it eventually worked out.

I have to keep remembering it is a beta.

the other day it happened to me too. I started the freeroam and I didn't have a camp and it wasn't generated if I tried to do it. I restarted the game and solved the problem ...
I often build a camp in one place and instead build it elsewhere. I hate this because I needlessly spend $ 2 and I'm forced to do it again and again ...

This happened to me again today, the camp just wouldnt initiate, so I just went back to what I was doing for a while and I tried again later, eventaully it did work, took 3 or 4 different tries though.