Map markers from story show up on online?

Cledus

12 hours ago, Cledus said:

So I’m curious as to whether or not finding a animal or plant location in story mode transfers over onto online. I want to say it does but I’m not 100%. Anybody know?

I don't play online but if it's like GTA then no, they're 2 separate entities.  Money, items, horses, etc. don't carry over, i don't see why map markers would.

41 minutes ago, Cledus said:

Yea your not comprehending the question. This is not GTA and in no way pertains to any of the things you mentioned. 

He is comprehending the question but as he said, he's not sure how RDO works since he doesn't play.

I do however and he's correct.  None of what you do in the campaign transfers over to RDO.  In RDO you are you.  ....in the campaign, you are the characters the story portray you as.

RDO is a clean slate.  AFAIK, nothing carries over from your discoveries, possessions or accomplishments in the main game over to RDO.  However, things like animal spawn locations, etc. may be similar.  ....not legendary animals though (for example).

I will add that animal location icons are on the RDO map if that's what you mean. Here's an example:

Image result for rdo map

Thinking the person was asking if say oregano spawned in story mode will that location of oregano transfer over and be at the exact spot onto the online version of the map. 

Edited by NDX47
  • Like 1

Yeah a lot of the animals and herbs can be found in roughly the same areas in RDO as RDR2. There are some differences and, as said above, spawn rates are a lot lower. I’ve seen very few cougars in online, one in a place I really wasn’t expecting and was totally surprised when I skinned it to find it was a cougar and not a wolf. I’ve seen 1 panther and that was in Stillwater Creek.

• Like 1