Carrying Capacity Increase

SevenAteNein

Question

Does anyone know when or if carrying capacity (person and/or horse) increases (ammo, materials, tonics,etc) at higher levels online, like a satchel upgrade in story mode? The only thing I have seen thus far (level 39, almost 40) is the horse can carry 5 saved outfits as opposed to 3 at low level

8 answers to this question

13 hours ago, FLIP said:

I think the way they have it set up is that you have to pay for upgrades and optional pieces to carry more. Leveling up doesn't give you any sort of perks in this department, unfortunately. 

I haven't seen anything (clothing, accessories, etc) online that increases capacity and I just reached level 44

Yeah I don't know the exact level but I hit some rank and it offered me a larger saddle bag.  I was all excited about potential increase in capacity, and probably payed some outrageous amount of RDO$, but as OP mentioned it seem to just allow me to go from 3 outfits to 5 stored on the horse.

Items seemed to be capped at 10 for most and 20 for mature venison, 8 for the good arrows.

New saddle just improves core rates and even then I can't find one that really would make a big difference

17 minutes ago, Dissention said:

Yeah I don't know the exact level but I hit some rank and it offered me a larger saddle bag.  I was all excited about potential increase in capacity, and probably payed some outrageous amount of RDO$, but as OP mentioned it seem to just allow me to go from 3 outfits to 5 stored on the horse.

Items seemed to be capped at 10 for most and 20 for mature venison, 8 for the good arrows.

New saddle just improves core rates and even then I can't find one that really would make a big difference

Yeah, I got the upgraded saddlebags as well, and I didn't realize they increased outfit amount on horse until you mentioned it in your comment! I don't use more than 3 outfits anyway so I never noticed!! Well, let's hope Rockstar improves carrying capacity when the full version rolls out (hopefully soon)

19 hours ago, Dissention said:

Ya larger saddle bag.   it seem to just allow me to go from 3 outfits to 5 stored on the horse.

Does this now work?

I bought improved saddlebags back in December, and they didn't increase my carrying capacity at all (even though they said they would let me carry more hats and outfits).

I have been reluctant to blow another $80 unless I know that they work.

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

Does this now work?

I bought improved saddlebags back in December, and they didn't increase my carrying capacity at all (even though they said they would let me carry more hats and outfits).

I have been reluctant to blow another $80 unless I know that they work.

Thanks 

Yeah that's what I paid for the saddle bag upgrade awhile back and that's all it did.  5 outfits and hats vs 3.

• Like 1

I didn't notice much of an upgrade for anything in terms of leveling other than unlocking new items to buy which don't even give you that much carrying space. I am hoping they add more things in the game.