Challenges

Rango

Question

I am in chapter 4 and have not paid much attention to the challenges.  I recently find out to get one of the legendary animals I need to be at level nine in the hunting challenge.  I need to track 10 unknown animals to complete level 3.  I have hunted most of the large animals up to this point.  I managed to get the first one, a whitetail deer, an animal I have hunted a lot.  I have tried other animals I have hunted, but it will not register for the challenge.  Do these have to be animals I have not seen before?  Is there  size requirement as I have been told that you cannot track birds and tracking small animals like foxes and raccoons do not work either.  Is this because they are already in the compendium?  Am I hosed on completing this level at this point?  Thanks

11 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Rango said:

I am in chapter 4 and have not paid much attention to the challenges.  I recently find out to get one of the legendary animals I need to be at level nine in the hunting challenge.  I need to track 10 unknown animals to complete level 3.  I have hunted most of the large animals up to this point.  I managed to get the first one, a whitetail deer, an animal I have hunted a lot.  I have tried other animals I have hunted, but it will not register for the challenge.  Do these have to be animals I have not seen before?  Is there  size requirement as I have been told that you cannot track birds and tracking small animals like foxes and raccoons do not work either.  Is this because they are already in the compendium?  Am I hosed on completing this level at this point?  Thanks

The challenge is Track 10 Different Animal Species Using Your Binoculars,  doesn't matter if you've seen them or not, just use the binocs press Y or Triangle to track and you're done.  Has to be different animals though, can't track 2 deer and have it count both.

35 minutes ago, Rango said:

Ok, thanks.  I noticed the challenge did update with another animal, but did not get a notification that the challenge updated.  I will just have to keep track.

if i recall correctly it will keep track in your list of challenges, tap left on the d pad then hit RB/R1

2 hours ago, Rango said:

Odd.  Checked progress this morning and now it shows 8 out of 10 tracked when it showed 2 before I shut down yesterday.  Seems to be a glitch.

you're looking in game or in the social club?  social club takes a while to update.

In game.  I don't like how it notifies you the first thing you finish and then randomly does or does not notify you about any subsequent items until you accomplish the last task.  I have noticed this in subsequent challenges.   I got through it.  It was just weird that it did not update until I restarted.

9 hours ago, Rango said:

In game.  I don't like how it notifies you the first thing you finish and then randomly does or does not notify you about any subsequent items until you accomplish the last task.  I have noticed this in subsequent challenges.   I got through it.  It was just weird that it did not update until I restarted.

never had that happen,  i get popups for each stage of the challenge, except the gambler ones,  think the cut scene play of the gambling games over rides that.