ability card, never without one and your hat

lumper

Question

I tried this card in pvp and I found that after it was shot off my head once, it never re-spawned, I played the rest of the game with no hat, so the card was useless to me.

What can I do to make sure I re-spawn with my hat on making this ability card useful to me in both free roam and pvp modes??

Thanks for any tips or help.

I see people in videos use it and their hats re spawn so... I know it can be done, I just dont know how.,

4 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, lumper said:

I tried this card in pvp and I found that after it was shot off my head once, it never re-spawned, I played the rest of the game with no hat, so the card was useless to me.

What can I do to make sure I re-spawn with my hat on making this ability card useful to me in both free roam and pvp modes??

Thanks for any tips or help.

I see people in videos use it and their hats re spawn so... I know it can be done, I just dont know how.,

It will only respawn in PVP if you die, in free roam get on your horse as quick as you can.

• Like 1

I don't think Never without one works well in most Showdown or Free room after the first hit (anymore*). I don't use it PVP load out anymore.

In games with teams were you get assigned a color derby hat I believe you will automatically respawn with a derby hat on, anything where it is you vs everyone else it will not

Games like horseback kills challenge and Deliver the horse if you die and bring up the weapon wheel/horse cargo  you can't access your outfits if you try to put your hat back on.  I've tried many times and it doesn't work (at least for me)

It's more of a Free Roam thing and great protection against the headshot griefer.  Just call your horse and put it back on

* I say anymore because at one time you could (in HBKC and deliver the horse) but R* figured that trick out.

What @Ozy8753 said about Free Roam.  You just need to make sure you're on your horse so you can put one on from your inventory wheel.

.....but after the Spring Update, this may be sort of a moot point if you're in Passive Mode.  First time head shots won't be lethal as they once were and auto aim will also be off.  

As for PvP, I dunno.  I never play those modes because I don't typically find them enjoyable with the current gameplay mechanics. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies.

I heard that if you create a perm posse, and then use the posse outfits, you will respawn with your hat on in showdown.

This is what I am trying to figure out,

I created a posse., ($200) and it gives me two outfits built in for some reason, so I suppose if I wear one of those outfits I will be able to respawn with my hat on after I die in showdown.

I still havent tried it, but today I will try to figuring this out.

What I want to also figure out is why those two outfits?

Can I make my own outfits and save them to my pose settings? or do I have to go with what the game provides me with?

If I can make my own outfits that would be great, if not I will obviously run with whatever they give me if in fact this is the only way to make sure I re spawn with a hat on after dying in showdown.

I feel like if I can get this to work then "Never without one" will be a good card for pvp, and yes I know in free roam how to get my hat back on and usually I am on my horse when attacked in free roam, so thats simple enough to get a hat back on from the weapon wheel.

I have paint it black and slippery bastard I got slippery for two reasons, games like capture the flag in pvp and for revenge against griefers, otherwise I run with paint it black.

I also go between never without one and either peak condition or the unblinking eye, and come back stronger, so my cards are designed around either lengthening the time dead eye can remain active for paint it black or slippery bastard,  or restoring my health much faster than normal after I take damage, and  making it so I deal more damage with my stamina is full.
If I can get better at head shots I think this combo is great for me, I am still experimenting though as there are a few others I havent tried that people really like, like slow and stead and strange medicine.