Whats your honest opinion of the RDR games

mickeyC

Question

I like the way you can play it as true to the real thing  as possible.  It is virtually non linear.Granted you must do the yellow blob missions to open up phases in the game. But you can do it in any order. Also stranger missions are optional..I ignore most of them as I did in RDR 1. I leave em for John and Jack in RDR1 and for John in RDR2. The option to change the clothing and have any style of face whiskers you like by going to the barbers..Thats makes it for me;. You also have the choice in being a downright sadist or play it a bit righteous . I dont hunt every animal and fishing leaves me cold so little side awards are of no interest to me.

As a fan of all things of the American Old West I find this game most addictive and as true to form as it could be present technology accepted. I hope they  (R*) do more  set in a previous period of say the American Civil war and aftermath. It was done with the call of Juarez which unfortunately was linear and not open world but the scope is their. My only hope is they do it sooner than later because Im cracking on a bit now :0}

Edited by mickeyC

3 answers to this question

Ive loved rdr 1 for a long time, when i finally got money to buy it for ps3 i was amazed with the open world and detail, man was i excited to get rdr2. I love games that can be so realistic and still so fun. I especially love details like npcs commenting on blood stains on your character 

It's the richness of the free-roam environment.  You can take time out from the main story missions and just explore, and the trapper missions encourages you to explore every aspect of what the world offers you.

In a world that's full of CoD and Halo clones, RDR2 is a breath of fresh air.  It's enjoying the wildness of the wilderness in a way that many of us can't.