Time machine?

lumper

So, I know about Francis Sinclair and the rock carvings and that it looks as though a 1930's time traveler has found a way to go back in time.

But I think I just picked up a clue about this and I wanted to see what everyone thought so check it out.

I watched a video called Red Dead Redemption Panel, full Q&A FanX Spring 2019 on Youtube.

In it a fan asked the two actors Rob Wiethoff who played John Marston and Roger Clark who played Arthur Morgan, if there was a line of dialogue that they remembered either as their favorite or as really strange.

Roger Clark looked to Rob Wiethoff and said, well you had the time machine, that was cool, I had the Dinosaur lady thing.....

and I thought, hmm wait, time machine? and only John Marston, not Arthur, so perhaps Epilogue or beyond?

here is a link to the interview so you can take a look for yourself, go to 32:30 in the video foe the exact quote.

Watch the video, see what you think, I don't know, I feel like its possible, I mean the mystery is there, it would be pretty awesome to find a time machine, or maybe a DLC coming up? and he wasn't supposed to say that?

That's all I know,  so I thought I would share it.

Edited by lumper

Roger Clark does have a good sense of humour (from watching other videos with him in),  so I wouldn't read too much into that.  From what I recall, only John was able to complete the Dinosaur Lady thing and Arthur could complete the rock carvings by himself...

8 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Roger Clark does have a good sense of humour (from watching other videos with him in),  so I wouldn't read too much into that.  From what I recall, only John was able to complete the Dinosaur Lady thing and Arthur could complete the rock carvings by himself...

Nope, I completed both as John and both as Arthur, so you def can do them both as either character.

Also, I just re watched the video, he said.

"You did the time machine guy" he also said, hmm strange side missions, "hmm you did the time machine guy, and then when I saw what YOU DID WITH THE TIME MACHINE in the booth I had to chuckle, some of those lines were great."now they both can meet Francis Sinclair, so if there was dialogue that only Marston had with Francis Sinclair then I think that might be something we havent found yet.

check it out.

here is a link to the interview so you can take a look for yourself, go to 32:30 in the video foe the exact quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msYhQf5P-cg

I was able in my third play through to complete these very early on as Arthur, I also did all the legendary fish, animals, satchel upgrades, etc.. I was on a mission to see what I could do with Arthur, and as I said,  the lines he claims Marston only delivered I think is a clue to the fact that John in or after the epilogue might find the time machine., just a hunch, but it is the best indicator I have seen yet.

It didnt come across like he was joking around, I think/hope he just slipped.

Edited by Kean_1
combined your 3 posts for you (please edit posts vs. making consecutive responses)

8 minutes ago, lumper said:

Nope, I completed both as John and both as Arthur, so you def can do them both as either character.

Yeah, but you used the exploit to get into New Austin as Arthur, didn't you?

7 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah, but you used the exploit to get into New Austin as Arthur, didn't you?

Actually I played the game 3 x all the through, in my second play through I went to New Austin after the Angelo Bronte mission, so it was sort of a glitch, I mean all I did was go, I didnt do anything other than the previous missions as it turns out if you are seen by police in the cemetery you would for some reason be able to travel in N Austin so yeah in my second play through it was a glitch, since patched and no longer available,  but didnt seem like one at the time,

BUT I digress as it has nothing at all to do with the Time Machine and this post.

The fact that you can do ALL the Rock carvings as Arthur requires no glitch, BUT the dialogue that only Marston had with a side mission involving a Time Machine is what this post is about.

Did you look at the video?

just scroll to the 32:30 time frame and listen.

AFAIK, there's nothing actually preventing Arthur from going into the southern portion of West Elizabeth and New Austin. Doing so results in bounty hunters hounding him at practically every second, but otherwise both areas are open for exploration beginning in Chapter 2. So if the player knows where the bones are, they shouldn't have any issues completing A Test of Faith as Arthur.

• Like 1

Correct, BUT the rock carvings are only in the main part of the map, so regardless, you dont need to go to New Austin to complete them.

What I am wondering from the way they said it in the video and described it, he said "time machine guy" and then he said "Time machine" so whether it is in the game or the remains of one or something you can discover to have been used as the point if his entry etc.. could be all it ends up being, I dont know.

I kind of hope that it is in a DLC, as it seems like someone woudl have figured it out based on the rock carvings and drawings already otherwise, I dont know what to think, other than he definitely made reference to a time machine, and I want to know more.

21 minutes ago, lumper said:

Correct, BUT the rock carvings are only in the main part of the map, so regardless, you dont need to go to New Austin to complete them.

I'm talking about in reference to A Test of Faith, where you have to find the dinosaur bones. Three (I think) of them are in New Austin.

6 hours ago, lumper said:

Yes, I know, but the post is about the time machine, and rock carvings, I am just trying to keep it on topic.

There are plenty of posts about the Dino bones and New Austin.

I was replying to the suggestion that one needs to use an "exploit" to go to New Austin as Arthur, which AFAIK is simply not true. I'm not trying to change the subject, just replying to something that came up during the discussion.

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

I was replying to the suggestion that one needs to use an "exploit" to go to New Austin as Arthur, which AFAIK is simply not true. I'm not trying to change the subject, just replying to something that came up during the discussion.

without using an exploit you get shot to death by bounty hunters as Arthur, even with the fastest horse in the game before epilogue you'll never make it to the farthest dino bone.  With golden core and health potion to make the ring golden i still died before i got to the far bank of the Lower Montana River.  No way in hell you'd make it to Tumbleweed without an exploit/cheat.

Ahh sorry about that man, lol after a few posts it gets confusing sometimes when I dont pay attention, my bad man, you are correct.

Im my case I read about that at the time I happened to be at that particular mission, the Angelo Bronte Mission where you go get Jack back, and so for me, it didnt feel like an exploit, I just did the mission, I realized that I was seen as I was leaving the cemetery the police saw me and I had to run for it, finished the mission and decided to try it and see if in fact it worked, well it did.
I crossed into the Blackwater area from Strawberry and nothing happened, I kept going and I went all the way to Gaptooth ridge, I got the legendary fish, animals, and dino bones while I was out there, then when I was done, I came back and kept going with the game.