recommend some games for me

lumper

I have the game pass, I've never played Halo, Gears, Wolfenstien, Ark, just cause, or any others, really etc..

I loaded Wolfenstien II started playing it, it looks good to me, Im going to give it a go.

But what else should I look at?

I like fps style games with good graphics, not cartoony, over colorful type graphics like doom , although DOOM is fun, Im not looking for that right now,  I like more like games that look like RDR2, Star Wars Battlefront, far cry 5, Call of Duty ww2, etc.. more realistic type graphics.

So out of the games I mentioned what do you recommend? Is Halo or Gears any good? if so, which one, they have a bunch of and remastered original on Halo I think plus one has like the masters collection, etc.. so which one specifically would you recommend if you were going to say Gears or Halo?

Thanks for any advice.

Well Halo was a bust, I guess you needed to play the other games to know what to do, I was pretty lost so...next.

Wolfenstien II looked really good, a little linear so far but I am very early in the game still so Ill reserve judgement but the graphics are great on the xbox and it runs super smooth.

I am thinking Ill try gears when it is done and depending on how that goes maybe try the Ultimate edition a remastered version of the original from what I read. 

Im just trying to stay busy while RDR2O get's its stuff together and the summer update hits.

There is also Star Wars Battlefield 2 to re-learn if all else fails.

I was just hoping to find a new franchise to keep me busy for a while so the Red Dead boredom doesnt get to me.
The only other thing I see is this Ark Survival, its 66 gigs though, so  I dunno, maybe if Gears doesnt work out and I uninstall it.

This has been my least received post ever, lol.

Im thinking people here like me, really dont care about other games, they want to talk about rdr2 and that is it, and I get that.

At this point I am at level 147 I think,  and I'm just sooo bored.

I am angry about the ability cards being nerfed after I did all that work to get them and paid all that $$ for R* to neutralize them really irritates me to no end.

I believe it is to balance the game, I think they looked and saw what percentage of players are above level 25, level 50 and level 100 and decided the most of the players are not over level 100 therefore their largest audience is not well equipped yet, so to keep them from getting discouraged and feeling like they cant keep up or stay alive they reduce the affects of some of our abilities until more players are higher levels, in theory a decent idea especially if you are a new player, BUT to those of us who did all the grinding to get here, not cool man, not cool at all.

i was having fun watching you talk to yourself :P

Wolfenstein is one of my favorites.  You should play them in order though,  Wolfenstein: The New Order, then Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.  they'll make a bit more sense.  These are games you can go back and enjoy after beating on a boring saturday or whatever also.

I really liked the Gears of War games,  you might wanna go back and play the xbox 360 versions to get into the game.  

If you want a relaxing, almost as good of scenery as RDR2 game, then check out TheHunter: Call of the Wild.  I've bene playing that one for about a year now,  they just released a new map for it, and have The Yukon map coming out soon.  Great game if you're into hunting.

Sniper Elite 4 is one of my favorite FPS games.  another one you can play over and over (i'm on my 5th or 6th play through)

If you like the action type Ryse: Son of Rome is really good.

The Tomb Raider games are top notch.  I just finished Shadow of a Tomb Raider recently.  Loved it.

Looking through the catalog of games now :) 

You should check out Quantum Break,  very good and fun, different possible endings also depending on your in game choices.

On my list to get next -

• Payday 2
  • ReCore
  • Hitman Complete Season
  • Metro Exodus
  • Vampyr

Few games i like to pass the time:

• Human fall flat - a puzzle game, i thought it was challenging and fun.
  • Cities: Skylines - a sim-city type game
  • Life is Strange - good story line i thought, entertaining, few puzzles that had me stuck for a bit.
  • Surviving Mars - another sim-city type based on Mars.

3 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I'd echo the Sniper Elite suggestion (V2 was remastered recently and is a good deal).  Rise of Tomb Raider is aguably better than Shadow in my opinion.

I liked both, but i think the open world in Shadow was better, easier to navigate.  I liked the "get muddy and hide against the wall" aspect also, don't recall doing that in Rise.

19 hours ago, Kormath said:

i was having fun watching you talk to yourself :P

Wolfenstein is one of my favorites.  You should play them in order though,  Wolfenstein: The New Order, then Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus.  they'll make a bit more sense.  These are games you can go back and enjoy after beating on a boring saturday or whatever also.

I really liked the Gears of War games,  you might wanna go back and play the xbox 360 versions to get into the game.  

If you want a relaxing, almost as good of scenery as RDR2 game, then check out TheHunter: Call of the Wild.  I've bene playing that one for about a year now,  they just released a new map for it, and have The Yukon map coming out soon.  Great game if you're into hunting.

Sniper Elite 4 is one of my favorite FPS games.  another one you can play over and over (i'm on my 5th or 6th play through)

If you like the action type Ryse: Son of Rome is really good.

The Tomb Raider games are top notch.  I just finished Shadow of a Tomb Raider recently.  Loved it.

Looking through the catalog of games now :)

You should check out Quantum Break,  very good and fun, different possible endings also depending on your in game choices.

On my list to get next -

• Payday 2
  • ReCore
  • Hitman Complete Season
  • Metro Exodus
  • Vampyr

Few games i like to pass the time:

• Human fall flat - a puzzle game, i thought it was challenging and fun.
  • Cities: Skylines - a sim-city type game
  • Life is Strange - good story line i thought, entertaining, few puzzles that had me stuck for a bit.
  • Surviving Mars - another sim-city type based on Mars.

Thanks man.

Gears looks great.

Gears 4 gives you a prologue to play through that summarizes the previous chapters and the graphics enhance as you move through them, that was pretty cool.
I did add the Ultimate version which I read is gears 1 enhanced basically, I really dont want to go back to 360 graphics, the story isnt that important to me in these games.

Same with Wolfenstien, I did play I think the original, but the one I loaded the other day looks fantastic, so I am definitely going to try to get through that one.

I will look at the hunter too.

Right now Ive got Far cry 3, and 5 Ultimate edition with all the add ons and dlc's, and the others I mentioned.

I think with those I am set, I just need a distraction from rdr2 until we get some more content and with this list I think I have it.

I was thinking about Tomb Raider as I remember one of the earlier versions looking great, but I also want to see the latest Fall out I think, I saw a video and the graphics looked great, not sure about the play or story, but it looked good enough to give it a try.

Anyway thanks for the input I do hate talking to myself, so Im glad you decided to jump in.

Spoiler

True, but the plot of "Shadow" ended up with Lara causing the huge flood and untold deaths in her pursuit of the artifact.  She killed a heck of a lot more innocent people than Trinity did.  It was pretty unsettling to watch her arguing with Jonah when he wanted her to stay and help the injured.

Yeah, I found Far Cry 5 was pretty good.  It has fishing too, arguably more rewarding than it is in RDR2.  People basically fished in FC5 purely for the pleasure of it in much the same way as people enjoy hunting and fishing in RDR2.

6 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah, I found Far Cry 5 was pretty good.  It has fishing too, arguably more rewarding than it is in RDR2.  People basically fished in FC5 purely for the pleasure of it in much the same way as people enjoy hunting and fishing in RDR2.

yep i spent many hours just fishing in FC5.  I enjoyed that one almost as much as 3 and 4.  Main story line was probably one of the best, and unfortunately pretty true to the northern Idaho/Western Montana area.   Only thing that comes to mind that i really didn't like was the 

Spoiler

instantly getting drugged effect from the daughter with no way to escape.

Well I was just guessing.
I did grab gears 4 looks ok, borderlands looks pretty neat, and metro something I forget the newest one, looks pretty good too, fallout 76 looked good in a preview but I think it is multiplayer only?

So I was going to try fallout 4 the previous one but still made for xbox one.
I was just hoping to hear folks say, yeah gears 3 is good or Halo you need to play this one first, etc..

Like I wanted to give Halo a shot but Im lost, I dont know how to effectively control the others in the group, and I forget but a few other things I was just lost, had no idea what to do.

But it is all good.

Ive got some games to mess with and thats all I wanted, I just hoped for more inside info from people who have played all these and others.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:35 PM, lumper said:

Well I was just guessing.
I did grab gears 4 looks ok, borderlands looks pretty neat, and metro something I forget the newest one, looks pretty good too, fallout 76 looked good in a preview but I think it is multiplayer only?

So I was going to try fallout 4 the previous one but still made for xbox one.
I was just hoping to hear folks say, yeah gears 3 is good or Halo you need to play this one first, etc..

Like I wanted to give Halo a shot but Im lost, I dont know how to effectively control the others in the group, and I forget but a few other things I was just lost, had no idea what to do.

But it is all good.

Ive got some games to mess with and thats all I wanted, I just hoped for more inside info from people who have played all these and others.

Fallout 4 was hella fun.  the new 76 is only multiplayer,  they lost a lot of fans with that move.  Halo was fun until they added all the extra sh*t to it,  i think 3 was the last one i played

If you like the shooter games Destiny was fun, my son and I played that a lot, but then you max level and it gets boring as hell.

1 hour ago, Kormath said:

Fallout 4 was hella fun.  the new 76 is only multiplayer,  they lost a lot of fans with that move.  Halo was fun until they added all the extra sh*t to it,  i think 3 was the last one i played

If you like the shooter games Destiny was fun, my son and I played that a lot, but then you max level and it gets boring as hell.

Thank you for that, I ll take a look at Destiny.

I am digging fallout 4, and gears 4 has grown on me although I never played the earlier ones the way they do the prologue is great.

Thanks again.