[RESOLVED] My weapon ammo capacity just got cut in half

parkenman

One of my repeaters went from 14 down to 7 bullets.  I can now carry only 100 instead of 200 repeater ammo.

Same happened with my rifles.  Has this happened to anybody else and does anybody know why this happened?

It only happened with repeaters and rifles.  Pistols and shotguns did not have this change.

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

Are you able to take a screenshot? I'd send a bug report to Rockstar if it's indeed a glitch. (but not doubting you, of course)

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?step=a2541d3e

This forum isn't run by Rockstar as they don't have forums. This is a fan community but you'll still find lots of info and help here. Welcome!

• Like 1

I just submitted a bug report but I didn't upload any images, just explained what was going on.  I can now carry only 100 repeater bullets and 50 rifle bullets at a time, whereas it was 200 and 100 respectively.  The guns themselves also hold only half as much as before.  WTF?

Actually, it appears that total number of bullets I can carry was cut in half for the rifles and repeaters, but not the capacity of the guns themselves. 

I restarted the game and went to the post office and the repeater bullet problem was solved.  Still can only carry 50 rifle bullets instead of 100.  I tried arming a rifle and firing a bullet to see if the postman would fix it with the rifle, but it did not.

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

Wow.  So I expended all of my rifle ammo killing birds and rabbits with my varmint rifle.  Then went to the post office.   Did not refill my rifle bullets even though I have 669 purchased.

So I got a response from Rockstar, and it is totally useless:

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We received your report regarding an in-game Bug.

This ticket will close after this reply, but your Bug Report will remain available for review by our team and we will reach out if we require further details.

Should you need immediate assistance, please file a new ticket under the issue type that best reflects your problem.

Edited by parkenman

@parkenman

Welcome to the forums.  As an fyi, please don't make consecutive posts (one after the other).  It tends to clutter up threads and make them excessively long.  It can also be used as a way for people to bump their topics.  Just use the edit feature if you were the last to post.  I went ahead and combined your 3 consecutive posts you made earlier for you.

I appreciate it.  

Oh wow, I knew support was bad but that's just a new level of bad. I'd definitely reopen that ticket by replying to it (if it allows you to) or submitting a new one with a screenshot if you can't reopen the ticket..

*Edit* Hey @parkenman - By any chance could you have loaded in Split Point ammunition instead? I just purchased the Split Point pamphlet tonight and the max amount you can carry is indeed half of the other main ammo types. So, 100 rounds for repeaters and 50 rounds for rifles.

Edited by Moosh89

No, I definitely did not have split point ammo.  

Anyway, to update you guys, they first suggested I try to hold L1 and R1 down while the game booted to clear up some cache files to see if it fixed the problem.  It did not.  Then they suggested I try the camp lockbox, so I set up camp and tried that.  I still could not access my rifle ammo.  I am down to 10 rifle rounds and it shows I have 668 purchased but will not let me access them. 

IMG_7081.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

The weapon you have highlighted is the varmint rifle / 22 caliber. The 668 rifle rounds you have are for the bolt action or Springfield rifle. You need to buy varmint ammo for that weapon.

Edited by C20Dragon
Added info
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, parkenman said:

Really?  Wow?  I feel like a dumbass now.  I have never purchased varmint ammo and have shot a few hundred rounds at least.  At least I thought I hadn't.  I feel like a dumbass now.  🤣

Not a big deal.  Folks here are really cool and very helpful. Better than having an actual issue. 

On the bright side, now you can look forward to the update tomorrow without having to worry about this.

• Kean_1 changed the title to [RESOLVED] My weapon ammo capacity just got cut in half