Herb Picking Issue

CosmoKramer

So I’ve always had the issue that the daily challenge counter doesn’t tally the herbs I pick correctly and I end up having to pick 7 or 8 to be credited with 5. It got better for a while but then returned with the update (like so many of these niggling issues).

However, it’s reached a new level of ridiculousness now - for mushrooms I have to find 5 different spots for it to count. No matter how long I leave between picks in 1 spot, or whether I pick or have my horse do it, it only ever counts as 1 count for the challenge. On,y noticed so far that it’s a problem with mushrooms - Chantrelle the other day and Bay Bolete yesterday.

Anybody elise experienced this same issue?

edit: should have said the herb count in the satchel is correct, its only a problem with the challenge count.

Edited by CosmoKramer

5 minutes ago, Antonia said:

i only experienced this issue when i collect the next herb immediately. so i leave these 2-3 secs you say and i'm ok. now that you describe is an issue though and opening a ticket maybe won't help but that's just me.

When the original issue first came to light the solution you mention did sometimes work, sometimes not. But they fixed that a while back and I'd still get a 2/3 count from a spot of 4 anyway. With this new strain of the bug I'm just getting a 1 count regardless of what I do. Next time it comes up I'm going to try picking manually from the start rather than using the horse to see if that's contributing to this issue. 

I intend to open a ticket with R* support but have to wait to next time to gather video evidence. I just wondered if it was affecting anyone else.

So I just tested it with carrots - off horse, picked 3, counted 3. Next spot picked with horse, picked 3, counted 1. I think once you pick with the horse in one spot that's it only counting one as I've tried manually picking in the same spot after picking 1 with horse and it didn't count.

Definitely seems horse related then, which makes sense with it being part of the update.

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

So I just tested it with carrots - off horse, picked 3, counted 3. Next spot picked with horse, picked 3, counted 1. I think once you pick with the horse in one spot that's it only counting one as I've tried manually picking in the same spot after picking 1 with horse and it didn't count.

Definitely seems horse related then, which makes sense with it being part of the update.

Did you notice any of the other common issues being resolved after yesterday's patch?  I never got a chance to get on last night.

31 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Did you notice any of the other common issues being resolved after yesterday's patch?  I never got a chance to get on last night.

I think the daily is resolved, at least for me it is starting to count again, haven't noticed any others yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

yeah although the update brought new life to the game, it definitely wasn't a clean one.

Herbs bugged by horses, DLC clothing not allowing you to change outfits, DLC items on horses make them turn into statues where they wont move at all until you flee them and call for another, wagons for runs spawning underneath the map, tons of crashes and disconnects. and many more lol

Just now, Ragee503 said:

I think the daily is resolved, at least for me it is starting to count again, haven't noticed any others yet.

That's good to hear.

Just now, Born Homicidal said:

yeah although the update brought new life to the game, it definitely wasn't a clean one.

Herbs bugged by horses, DLC clothing not allowing you to change outfits, DLC items on horses make them turn into statues where they wont move at all until you flee them and call for another, wagons for runs spawning underneath the map, tons of crashes and disconnects. and many more lol

The good news is that they're working on it.  I never thought a big update like this wouldn't come without bugs so I was prepared for it.  I had the disconnect issues on the first day and then those seemed to disappear in sessions since.   

I know Rage had the same frozen horse issue.   I have a feeling this was an existing bug though as I had that happen to me twice long before this update.  Maybe they triggered something that made the problem worse.  ....which maybe is a good thing so they can get it fixed.  

21 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Had no disconnects yesterday (but did get one loading in today). Animals weren’t really any more plentiful. I’m sure a bunch of things were fixed but it still seems a bit buggy.

Confirmed the herb picking issue with red sage - DO NOT PICK HERBS FOR DAILY CHALLENGE WITH YOUR HORSE.

• Thanks 1