Recent increase in player hostility

Senator Goob

Question

I notice that yesterday i got attacked several times after a week of utter peace. Have other people experienced this? If so, why do you think this is happening? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I have a theory that its the opposite of what was happening last time things were bad. Before, it was almost impossible to make money so people just gave up on doing missions and killed eachother. Now, everyone has money so they buy everything they want, have extra money so work has no purpose to it so they just kill eachother again. I think rockstar should be adding expensive wagons with customizations each week as permanent additions so they can make ways for people to blow all their money away so the roles have meaning again.

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

10 answers to this question

Hmmm that could be a reason that it's happening.

Here's another possibility, people; Griefers more specifically were getting bored of RDR (mainly GTA fanboys/girls), so they started leaving Red dead in the dust, up until the update came out and they came back crawling. So now you have the griefers back and just doing what they do best which is killing players for no reason but the Lolz. I assume this because before the update it was chill, first day of it I couldn't go anywhere without getting into a fight that other players started

30 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

Hmmm that could be a reason that it's happening.

Here's another possibility, people; Griefers more specifically were getting bored of RDR (mainly GTA fanboys/girls), so they started leaving Red dead in the dust, up until the update came out and they came back crawling. So now you have the griefers back and just doing what they do best which is killing players for no reason but the Lolz. I assume this because before the update it was chill, first day of it I couldn't go anywhere without getting into a fight that other players started

Are you on xbox? Because im on ps4 and the first few days after the update were even chiller than before. I was never attacked once.

Most enjoyable aspect of the game for me was individual and dedicated Gun Rush mode. It's been omitted now since October (apart from a brief spell of free aim which I cant do!). I've tried the roles and Bounty Hunting is challenging at 5 star level and Collecting is easy with the 'cheat maps  freely available online. (I can collect 15 coins in 50 mins average earning 550 dollars a pop) so I'm only left with Griefing as a challenge of any kind. I take on single players, or posses. Depending on retaliation, sometimes i cause havoc sometimes i get whupped. But it tests my shooting skills and evasion etc. Until they restore Gun Rush I have no enjoyment of the game unless Griefing! Not being arrogant I just think others have the same approach thus there are more Griefers. Bring back Gun Rush!

On 9/22/2019 at 5:58 PM, Senator Goob said:

I notice that yesterday i got attacked several times after a week of utter peace. Have other people experienced this? If so, why do you think this is happening? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

I have a theory that its the opposite of what was happening last time things were bad. Before, it was almost impossible to make money so people just gave up on doing missions and killed eachother. Now, everyone has money so they buy everything they want, have extra money so work has no purpose to it so they just kill eachother again. I think rockstar should be adding expensive wagons with customizations each week as permanent additions so they can make ways for people to blow all their money away so the roles have meaning again.

I have noticed this (Xbox One), and wondered whether it is that lots of people got the game for Christmas so are new players?  I have been attacked a few times, but all by players under level 15.  I'm 145, which while not top of the tree does mean that I have the toys and experience to hold my own.  A random passing level 8 rugby tackled me last night in Valentine (I was on foot).  I threw him off, knocked him down, then throttled him and got 10xp for an 'execution', which I have never had before.  Then a few moments later two other low level players shot at me, blew my hat off (thank you, Never Without One), and legged it.  I chased them, found them holed up in a cabin on the ridge above Valentine.  Threw a fire bottle, they came out blasting, I gunned them both down with twin navies.  So all in all, it was three to me, nil to griefers, and I strutted around like a boss for a good ten minutes afterwards.  It'll calm down again.  And can be kind of fun.

4 hours ago, LOFTYKAY said:

Most enjoyable aspect of the game for me was individual and dedicated Gun Rush mode. It's been omitted now since October (apart from a brief spell of free aim which I cant do!). I've tried the roles and Bounty Hunting is challenging at 5 star level and Collecting is easy with the 'cheat maps  freely available online. (I can collect 15 coins in 50 mins average earning 550 dollars a pop) so I'm only left with Griefing as a challenge of any kind. I take on single players, or posses. Depending on retaliation, sometimes i cause havoc sometimes i get whupped. But it tests my shooting skills and evasion etc. Until they restore Gun Rush I have no enjoyment of the game unless Griefing! Not being arrogant I just think others have the same approach thus there are more Griefers. Bring back Gun Rush!

The game is a lot more fun if you don't use the cheat maps, they're why you're bored with the content.  I use nothing outside of the game.  Take shortcuts, find life boring.

Maybe the cheat map comments came across wrong.  I only use them to get quick cash because I use so much money buying Health Potions for my griefing battles and also to pay fines incurred for killing other players steeds,  4 dollars a pop is mighty expensive! I have played the game extensively and correctly since it came out but like I said, I'm not challenged skilwise by anything but Gun Rush or Griefing. I am level 222 btw and pretty darn handy with a rifle!

8 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

@LOFTYKAY

Level 222, buying health potions and thinking $4 a pop is mighty expensive?   LMAO!!!   

You either terribly suck or are absolutely playing the game wrong

......no need to be insulting about it.  Let's keep the discussion civil please.

Sorry @Kean_1 and @LOFTYKAY

I'm just saying but are we playing completely different games??

Level 209 here... never had to purchase a single tonic in game and probably have over 100 of each type in my lockbox ... currently I could consecutively kill 6000 players horses and still have $1000 left over... with a side stash of 365 Gold Bars

• Thanks 1

and a further apology @LOFTYKAY

as it totally slipped my mind as to how I obtained such a warchest of tonics.

not sure when you started playing, but back in the good old beta days, you could loot a location.... reload via the free roam option.... and all of the loot would respawn... rinse and repeat until your inventory was full... locations with jewelry, which is what I was after, also generally have a good amount of tonics and other goodies. 

would do so whenever I stumbled upon a location with good loot... have never had to use any of the tonics gifted by rockstar due to this. seasoned big game meat and rarely playing pvp modes

as for the $4 however... my fast travel tab would probably make you puke

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LOFTYKAY said:

Maybe the cheat map comments came across wrong.  I only use them to get quick cash because I use so much money buying Health Potions for my griefing battles and also to pay fines incurred for killing other players steeds,  4 dollars a pop is mighty expensive! I have played the game extensively and correctly since it came out but like I said, I'm not challenged skilwise by anything but Gun Rush or Griefing. I am level 222 btw and pretty darn handy with a rifle!

I don't think that it came across wrong, I just think that your assertion that the game is too easy might be eased by sticking to within game options, and not using things like cheat maps, as anything can pale give sufficient shortcutting.  But not knocking your play style or anything, I just found that shortcuts make things less satisfying, in life as well as in gaming.  But it's none of my business so just go at it however suits you.