Satchel

Hartless226

Im sure this has been answered on here at some point, but im collecting all the gold bars I can as Arthur (Since John cant swim I figured the treasure hunts would be easier) and I've seen countless people say John will get Arthurs satchel, and others say they never did. Do I have to craft an upgraded satchel before the end of chapter 6 in order for John to receive Art's loot, or is that irrelevant? 

Money isn't carried across from Arthur to John.  However, you'll find that by the end of the main game, you won't need to worry about money at all.

Arthur will have more than enough to suit his needs after a few treasure hunts/missions, as will John in the Epilogue (and beyond).

• Like 1

Yeah I see John will get the $20K, but even if Im not going to need it, something about selling all my gold and loot when I know the character dies irk's me, so I just wanted to have them when epilogue 2, but I guess I wont worry about it. I got the challenges complete for doing the treasure hunts, so all is well that ends well. I'll just have to wait and find out! 

Edited by Hartless226

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 11:05 AM, Hartless226 said:

Yeah I see John will get the $20K, but even if Im not going to need it, something about selling all my gold and loot when I know the character dies irk's me, so I just wanted to have them when epilogue 2, but I guess I wont worry about it. I got the challenges complete for doing the treasure hunts, so all is well that ends well. I'll just have to wait and find out! 

If I am not mistaken, you can collect Arthur's weapons off the horse. It has been awhile but I am almost positive I was able to keep some of the weapons I used as him when I was later playing as John.   

Edited by Anc1entC0re
typo

There actually is a trick that enables you to pass all of Arthur’s wealth to John.

Just leave the incest couple encounter until just before the final mission, then go to the farm and let it play out as normal. Afterward, don’t return to the farm and instead go do the final mission. Once you unlock free roam as John (or is it already “unlocked”? I always focus on work at the farm until John leaves for Blackwater), just go to the pig farm, kill the incest couple, and collect Arthur’s money from the hiding place.

I believe this trick has been tested by at least one person here and is confirmed to work.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:21 AM, Parzival said:

There actually is a trick that enables you to pass all of Arthur’s wealth to John.

Just leave the incest couple encounter until just before the final mission, then go to the farm and let it play out as normal. Afterward, don’t return to the farm and instead go do the final mission. Once you unlock free roam as John (or is it already “unlocked”? I always focus on work at the farm until John leaves for Blackwater), just go to the pig farm, kill the incest couple, and collect Arthur’s money from the hiding place.

I believe this trick has been tested by at least one person here and is confirmed to work.

I watched someone do that in a video and saw that it works myself. When was this done though, by the member on here? I ask because there have been several updates and they could have changed something to prevent this, you never know with R*. 

1 hour ago, CrabApples said:

I watched someone do that in a video and saw that it works myself. When was this done though, by the member on here? I ask because there have been several updates and they could have changed something to prevent this, you never know with R*. 

It was earlier this year. I'm working on a new save that is going to replace my current "main" save (I managed to study, track, and skin every animal on Guarma, which I didn't do in the other one), so I figure if I ever have a chance of reaching 100%, it's on that save. Here's the thread.

• Like 1