Any mention of private lobbies for PC?

shiverz

I know it is super early to be asking stuff like this but I am really hoping this is an option. I want to be able to hop on with friends and not have to worry about other players screwing around and possibly using hacks in the same lobby I am on. I know there are bound to be people like this on PC but private servers would at least allow us to avoid them while still playing with friends. 

No one really knows but if they have the same plans for PC as they do with console, then the answer is likely no.  .....for now at least.  

On console at least they have expressed a desire to focus on one game world for all.  That's not to say that they will never change their minds but even in recent discussions, this still seems to be R*'s vision.  .....at least on console.  I just don't imagine that changing for PC unless they feel differences in the platforms warrant it or perhaps they are looking to go that route across the board.   .......but who knows.  We can speculate all day about it.  

27 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

No one really knows but if they have the same plans for PC as they do with console, then the answer is likely no.  .....for now at least.  

On console at least they have expressed a desire to focus on one game world for all.  That's not to say that they will never change their minds but even in recent discussions, this still seems to be R*'s vision.  .....at least on console.  I just don't imagine that changing for PC unless they feel differences in the platforms warrant it or perhaps they are looking to go that route across the board.   .......but who knows.  We can speculate all day about it.  

It would make sense to have this be an option on PC considering online play is a bit different and issues with hacks are more prevalent. 

Either way, if I had to guess, they won't be doing them. They will stick to how it works on console just like you said.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:59 PM, Kean_1 said:

I just don't imagine that changing for PC unless they feel differences in the platforms warrant it or perhaps they are looking to go that route across the board.

It would reduce a lot of the complaining I know will be coming there way once the hackers start screwing with everyone else. Also, would be a solid selling point of getting the PC version for people who may not otherwise get it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, Coyote said:

I am not too familiar with Rockstar, never played GTA and only just played RDR a few months back.

What would be their reason for not having them? I would assume they  don't have them on either games?

My guess would come down to the cost of running all the servers. I am not familiar with how the network system works entirely but to host a lot of private lobbies among the rest would likely cost them more money. 

• Like 1