Any tips or tricks for spawning perfect cougars?

Parzival

Two perfect cougar pelts are all that’s needed for me to get the last camp crafting item and I’d like to craft all camp items at least once. Are there any known tricks or exploits that can increase the chances of cougars with perfect pelts spawning?

Well only go after the ones who have 3 stars. This will save you a lot of time. And I am sure you likely know this, but it is worth saying for others... Head shots. If you get a clean head shot on a 3 star cougar you have at least a 50% chance of it dropping a perfect pelt from my experience. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, Parzival said:

For some reason, cougars and panthers don’t actually show any star ratings for me when I focus on them, it just simply names the animal.

It should show 3 stars like on a dragon ball next to the name on the left. That is strange that you aren't seeing any of them. 

I'll attach an image so you can see:

cougar.png.fc7bf0e18caeb9b504fccf9ff01b03d0.png

Are the animals all listed as 1, 2, and 3 star? I kind of remember some not having any. Unless I am mistaken. I really don't know. I would look into it though. If they are suppose to all have stars and your game isn't showing this, might be worth contacting Rockstar to see if you can get the issue fixed. 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:25 PM, liquidfire said:

It should show 3 stars like on a dragon ball next to the name on the left. That is strange that you aren't seeing any of them. 

I'll attach an image so you can see:

cougar.png.fc7bf0e18caeb9b504fccf9ff01b03d0.png

Yeah that is what I was talking about.

Did you have any luck in finding everything? I take it you were able to since you found out you don't get a trophy? 

On 10/28/2019 at 6:14 AM, Parzival said:

Yeah. Fortunately, two of the next three cougars that spawned netted perfect pelts.

Then the fourth one after that killed my horse, but thankfully I’d saved before it happened.

I can't tell you how many times those cats got my horses when I was hunting for their pelts. It was like they knew I was coming for them and knew just the right way to piss me off and quit the game for the day lol