Splitting the forum

Saffron

Question

Is this site gonna split pc and console users on the page.i use to like coming on this site for info and bit of gossip and how everyones loving or hating the game.obviously now the pc version has come a new vibe has also.definately no offence here but i dont want to scroll down about modding and specs and all the rest.it would of been nice to play it on pc for the better quality but im to far gone now on the ps4 to start again.just wondered if there was gonna be a place where we can just see our own consoles chat log and discussions.just makes life easier and if i want to go see what the pc players are up to i can go on there page.

9 answers to this question

There is already seperate PC section although it is in the Online menu for now but as time goes on, it will likely be moved and sub sections added along the way.

https://www.rdr2.org/forums/forum/27-pc/

The thing is, I only saw one thread in this section that was specifically about PC.  .....all of the other threads are inactive (just a couple threads down and you're already into Sept).

I'm usually pretty good about moving PC- specific threads to their own section to where you really don't have to wade through a bunch of them to see relevant content.  Thanks for bringing it up though as it is something that is being monitored.

• Like 2

I think if any subsections are warranted, they would be purpose-specific ones like for technical assistance on different platforms. Anything regarding in-game content such as story elements can easily fit into the already-existing RDR2 and RDO subforums.

47 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I think if any subsections are warranted, they would be purpose-specific ones like for technical assistance on different platforms. Anything regarding in-game content such as story elements can easily fit into the already-existing RDR2 and RDO subforums.

Has to be broken down and thought about.last few wks ive logged into just seeing about mods and pc specs.thats what im talking about.not general gameplay where we all play the same game and can help each other out.the pc version was always gonna bring a new crowd but reading down the chat its real hard now to relate and its almost as of were gonna go through the whole monentum of rdr2 again.same questions and answers. Hate to say but this forum aint big enough for the 2 of us.   Console v pc crews.its of course my personal opinion and one to be agreed or hated but i have to express my feelings. Ive been on this forum a long while now and always enjoyed just seeing how peeps are up to but its being lost.console crews are a year ahead on the journey and lets continue that way. I def dont wanna see how the pc crew are gonna mod this game and butcher it.

I honestly don't know what section you're talking about Saffron because as I said before, we've been moving PC-specific related items (e.g. modding, PC specs, etc.) to the PC sub forum I supplied a link to.  I browse these forums myself on a daily basis and read nearly every post.  If I'm missing something, please point it out and I'll move it if warranted.  

As for splitting up the community, RDR2.org has always been a friendly and welcoming environment for new members.   Frankly, I don't see why PC players should be alienating by replicating forums that have commonality between the platforms.  ....or discussions that ask the same questions we all had when starting out. 

RDR2.org is a resource to be shared and I would hope people would be happy to help new PC players that have questions about the campaign, online, etc. as they always have regardless if they seem obvious to some.    

Again, PC-specific subjects like modding, exclusive content, etc. will be separated into its own forum that already exists and (as I mentioned) possibly in sub forums as it grows.  ....and who knows, maybe that will include common subjects too but we will have to see how it plays out.  ....but the reasons shouldn't be because some may find new users with old questions annoying. 

Are prefixes and option on this software? I mean if that is, that would help for people like this. I know some forums only have sections but having prefixes will allow people to ask a question or post something specific to xbox, playstation, or pc. 

I'm not bothered by how it functions now, I find everything easily and you mods do good work on making sure everything is where it belongs.

11 minutes ago, CowBoii said:

Are prefixes and option on this software? I mean if that is, that would help for people like this. I know some forums only have sections but having prefixes will allow people to ask a question or post something specific to xbox, playstation, or pc. 

I'm not bothered by how it functions now, I find everything easily and you mods do good work on making sure everything is where it belongs.

Not sure.....  I guess the takeaway from all this is that the owner is aware and we've all had discussions on the topic.  If or when things need to be implemented, I'm sure that's a bridge we'll cross.  

Firstly i will apologise as like an idiot i never realised once i come on the forum ive just noticed it goes to all activity automatically and ive never realised that until now.thats because its always been ps4 or xbox talk so i never was bothered.thanks as ive just seen my errors.my bad for not looking deeper into the forum myself.just for 2 wks now its  been bugging me constantly about mods and specs.again i appologise to all.and yes kean help one and all.it was just that aspect and its my own fault.i know you lot run this site well and thats why ive been on it for a yr solid. Obviously didnt look into it hard enough haha.

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Ahhhhh.....  Ok, that makes a lot of sense. I see where you were coming from now.

Sooo sorry bro.passion for this site over ruled my head and for 2 or 3 wks i was getting wound up by it.constantly logging in and seeing all that.never even knew it somehow logs straight into all activity and ive never clocked it.again my bad peeps.i was thinking all online chat went into one log and wasnt seperated.rdr2 is my first real online experience apart from gtav for a little while.and so is this forum so will teach me to look deeper before spouting off haha.

• Like 1