the rock carvings

harry747

This is a really good question, so I'm going to try and do this to see what happens.  Theoretically, you can also get the dino bones and cigarette cards without interacting with the key NPC.

I spent some time yesterday restarting the game and getting to Overlook.  When I next get some time, I'll hunt around for the rock carvings before getting to the guy who wants them.  It'll take a few hours though - on previous playthroughs, I've wanted to level up and get some decent weapons before exploring.

Hmm..

Slightly disappointing.  I just went to nice of the ten rock carvings and noted down the coordinates of them as Arthur.  On reaching the tenth, I'm standing right in front of it and Arthur doesn't see it.  It looks as though you're forced to see the guy before you can take a note of the final one.

17 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Hmm..

Slightly disappointing.  I just went to nice of the ten rock carvings and noted down the coordinates of them as Arthur.  On reaching the tenth, I'm standing right in front of it and Arthur doesn't see it.  It looks as though you're forced to see the guy before you can take a note of the final one.

I remember reading a way around this to collect the cards but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. It may have been in this forum.