confused with online game start

NeKryXe

i started playing online about 3 hours ago, i did a few requests (i guess it was some kind of tutorial) and then i got a treasure. i picked it, and now i'm stuck with no quest and no chance to go anywhere -- everywhere i move i get a weird countdown alerting me that i can't go that way (in fact i can't go any way) and i was expecting it to be a free open world. also, i never saw any other player online and it's the first day. really weird.

is there some invisible quest to do in the beginning or something? i tried to check the journal but instead of open it says that i'm unable to make purchases. a lot weird O_o

this is ridiculous... it continuously forces me to stay in a mission area (which means that it's not in fact an open world game) and the craziest thing is that i don't even have a mission yet. is it a bug? should i delete this character and restart the game? any ideas?

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

Having only played the console version it definitely sounds like you're bugged. If I remember correctly the treasure chest should have contained your first ability card. Try equipping it to see if that let's you continue the tutorial.

yep. i got a tarot card. but when i click to use it just shows the card. i have no option to equip anything. i think that the game bugged after i open the chest. i'm stuck in treasure area.

is it safe to quit the game and try it another day? i have no idea how this saves yet. when i quit it says that i might lose my progress.

Try holding down the equip button. A lot of the prompts in the game are hold to confirm to prevent accidental purchases. If that doesn't work then I believe you should open a ticket with rockstar support.

Try opening your radial menu and hitting whatever button is to open your abilities. Select the dead eye option and see if you can equip the card from there. 

Edited by Ratly

Hi @NeKryXe and welcome to the forums.

I would suggest watching one of the many tutorials from YT, articles, etc.  In fact, I found one with a quick search that might help.  Fast forward to the 29:30 mark.  That is where he opens the treasure chest, gets the countdown timer and then realizes he must equip the ability card. 

The beginning of RDO is more of a tutorial.  It is an open world game that provides you with essentially complete freedom once you get past the hand-holding parts:

If this resolves your issue then please let me know.  I will move this from the PC forum to the RDO forum which would be more appropriate for progression / mode questions & answers.  

It's been a year for me since I started out so I don;t have your answer myself.  I have to rely on these tutorials and past posts / threads for answers.

• Like 3

ok. that's it. i was mainly confused because i didn't even expected to be limited on areas while on a mission.

but it's solved. thanks a lot :)

that's the problem of starting this expecting it to be just GTA on horses 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

ok. that's it. i was mainly confused because i didn't even expected to be limited on areas while on a mission.

Even GTAO had a solo tutorial you had to muddle through before being able to join friends online. It's just sort of an orientation to get you used to some of the mechanics before releasing you into the wild.  

Glad to hear your all sorted now.  I'll move this to the RDO forum since it was progression related rather than a PC related problem.   

They make you do this to ensure you know what you are doing. I guess this is a way of giving everyone a fair chance since a lot of players were new to this kind of online game. Either way, glad the issue was solved for you. Thankfully members here know how to help out with what they can since Rockstar is being overloaded with issues right now.

On 11/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, NeKryXe said:

Ok, good, sorry I hadnt read this first, enjoy the game.