RDR2 0x20010006 Fix for PC. Hope it works for you !!!

Doskiie

Hello, 

I purchased RDR2 the day it released for PC. My brother also purchased the game. I was able to login and play the game without any issues other then the random closed unexpectedly crash. My brother on the other hand, was never able to play online at all. He would always get the error code due to Rockstar services code.

We tried so many things, uninstalling/reinstalling, changing out SSD's, changing routers, updating display drivers, windows 10 updates. Obviously did the recommended suggestions from Rockstar, deleting  such and such and relogging in. Nothing ever worked. 

Finally, he was able to instead of selecting free roam and trying to logging straight in and getting error, he selected Fear of The Dark game mode, and when he got to the menu, he just selected Exit to Freeroam, and finally he was able to get into a session and play the game after 4 days. This worked for us. He sometimes still gets dc'd, but finally able to play the game he paid for. 

This may or may not work for you, but it's def worth a shot as we deserve to be able to play the game we paid for ! 

I really hope this helps even a few people, GOOD LUCK, and hope you don't cross me on the Poker tables !!!!!!

ALSO, if you have someone you trust that can play the game NP, they can log onto your account/char and press esc, go to play and delete the char. This also works :) Brother was still having DC issue after about an hour or so, and we tried this and worked fine, havn't dc'd or got connection error all day !! 

Edited by Kean_1
Combined consecutive posts
  • Like 1

• Kean_1 locked and unlocked this topic

yeah I dont know.

I never have problems getting into the online free roam game but staying there has been a problem lately.

I didnt have any problems for days.

Then today. I can barely play for more the 5 mins than disconnected and that error 0x20010006.

this game really needs a way to save urgently. this is really stupid. i never saw such a stupidity in any game. this thing is happening all the time, and the worst is that i lose everything i did for hours because the stupid game doesn't have any way to save. the game is beautiful but still the worst online game i played since the late 90's.

34 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

this game really needs a way to save urgently. this is really stupid. i never saw such a stupidity in any game. this thing is happening all the time, and the worst is that i lose everything i did for hours because the stupid game doesn't have any way to save. the game is beautiful but still the worst online game i played since the late 90's.

In the campaign?  You can save the game.  Go into the main menu and select "STORY".  There is a save feature in there.  

In some parts of the game it won't allow you to use this function so just make sure you save before any big encounters, main missions, etc.

not in single player. in single player i can save but it never crashes.

online it has lots of connection problems, i always receive a message informing that i was disconnected due to problems on rockstar server, which it wouldn't be a big problem, but everytime they disconnect me i lose every pelt i had on my horse, everything! sometimes i even think that it's a rockstar scheme to avoid players to join in game money. competent online games never lose the point when the server disconnects the player, in alternative i should be able to manually save after i put the pelts on the horse, to be safe about this error.

even 20 years ago i was able to restore the point of any multiplayer game, and in the last 6 years i've been playing elder scrolls online and i never ever lost any item on a server failure. this game is wonderful but utterly incompetent online.

13 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

not in single player. in single player i can save but it never crashes.

online it has lots of connection problems, i always receive a message informing that i was disconnected due to problems on rockstar server, which it wouldn't be a big problem, but everytime they disconnect me i lose every pelt i had on my horse, everything! sometimes i even think that it's a rockstar scheme to avoid players to join in game money. competent online games never lose the point when the server disconnects the player, in alternative i should be able to manually save after i put the pelts on the horse, to be safe about this error.

even 20 years ago i was able to restore the point of any multiplayer game, and in the last 6 years i've been playing elder scrolls online and i never ever lost any item on a server failure. this game is wonderful but utterly incompetent online.

I don't know what to tell you in that case.  Just make sure you're submitting a trouble ticket to R* to make them aware that you're having the issue.  If they say they're are aware of it and working toward a resolution, then it may just be a waiting game at that point.  I would keep checking online though as these issues have a way of clearing up without any sort of sign. 

better quit the online game anyway, or use it only to play poker.

since my last message rockstar disconnected me two more times with that error 0x20010006, and everytime they stole all my stored pelts.

the game is great but it's not ready to play on pc.

1 hour ago, NeKryXe said:

better quit the online game anyway, or use it only to play poker.

since my last message rockstar disconnected me two more times with that error 0x20010006, and everytime they stole all my stored pelts.

the game is great but it's not ready to play on pc.

A segment of the community are experiencing the issue, yes.  

I figured there would be quite a few problems with the PC launch.  Console had a similar rough patch at first as well.  

sup guys i had trouble with the error 0x20010006 when playing online and i found that while trying to do a online plublic solo like in GTA Online (ressourse monitor) that the game gave me the error 0x20010006 when suspended, so i looked at the engine (rdr2.exe) and everytime error 0x20010006 happen is due to the engine doing a peak that crash itself. so i looked for a few fix and so far ive been able to play 3 days without crash or that error every 5-10min. So first i had "Process lasso" priorising to always hight rdr2.exe and its I/0. for those who are familiar with it i have desactivated probalance in the option. i tryed cpu limiter with it but the game is too big i dont recommend doing this.(lowering the engine of 1 core for 1 second when it reach 95-98% dosnt fixed it for me,maybe for a 8core but i only have4),so  i used process tamer on default settings and im just letting him do his job once open because of the hide 1%cpu in process. And then i have battle encoder Shirase, i tryed version 1.7.7 and my antivirus wont let him pass so i used 1.6.2. First open it admin, lunch the game with BES target-watch it and put -3%.so when the game will do its peak because trust me he will do, the engine dont crash itself. 

Hope it can help some of you since R* patched their engine but the console player experience the same issue as us so i tryed fixed it myself

poeple do think error 0x20010006 is a network error or something but its not

Windows10

Intel I5-4670 at 3.4 boosted to 3.78

16Gb memory

GTX 1070 8GB

Edited by Itz0wnerQc
  • Thanks 2

Hey I made an account so I could give u guys the solution. I've tried everything from putting my pc on a dmz, changing dns, port forwarding, etc, etc. It turns out that the solution is to use a VPN. I used protonvpn  (I think, not at pc right now) but it was free and it solved my problems. So if you haven't tried a VPN, give it a shot. You will stop disconnecting, a freind of mine had the same problem and it also fixed his. 

Edit: I also tried that lasso program, it didn't work for me.

Edited by Hate138
  • Thanks 2

On 11/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, Hate138 said:

Hey I made an account so I could give u guys the solution. I've tried everything from putting my pc on a dmz, changing dns, port forwarding, etc, etc. It turns out that the solution is to use a VPN. I used protonvpn  (I think, not at pc right now) but it was free and it solved my problems. So if you haven't tried a VPN, give it a shot. You will stop disconnecting, a freind of mine had the same problem and it also fixed his. 

I will give this a try! Sounds like the easiest thing I can do at the moment. Thanks for the information! Did you connect to anything in particular or just a random one? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 11:39 AM, Hate138 said:

Not working for me.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:39 PM, Hate138 said:

Hello everybody,

I just joined also to thank @Hate138 for his tip, i can confirm that his method is working "the solution is to use a VPN. I used protonvpn"  i'm now on a 3 days row playing RDO on my windows 10 PC without problems.

Thank you ! 

L.E. "I have NOT tried any other method to resolve Error 0x20010006, i just created an acount on protonvpn, downloaded the free windows app, connected and then started RDO"

Edited by superbiggy

VPN made no difference for me - in fact it probably made  things worse, which is not surprising.

I was getting this error after just seconds into online until yesterday. It still happens, but have had spells of a couple of hours without the issue since installing the newest nVidia driver (441.12), disabling chat (as others have suggested) and setting virtual memory to automatic (it was previously at a static value, even if it was a very high one due to my 32GB RAM)

first thing about this Disconnecting issues with RDR2 Online part is that is works somethimes for while, seams that it must have to be regarding to Internet Connection to Rockstars Servers, cause my PC aint that old and allright stuff in it so its not my PC hardware issues here, now I guess "it could be Internet on my end" but think about this if I had Connection issues, then how who I be able to play other online games that only works when you have "internet connection and depends on it?" I don t think it has to do with my PC or my Internet at all, but it says in the error its on Rockstars end so? either let them "hopefully" fix it or get VPN that you will have to pay for to use, and at the same time spend same amount of cash to enjoy or get full picture of the Online part.

I have the latest NVidia Driver and update as others have mentioned, funny enough you dont need that 32 GB of Ram to play RDR2, I got around 15 GB of RAM and I can play both Story and Online with any issues, except that issues I have mentioned in the start. I am using a Geforce GTX 1080 and I got an I7-7700K CPU. you don t need a monsterous PC to play and ejoy RDR2, but an I7 processor, GTX 1080 or something likeminded or New and more costly and 15 GB of RAM or More as far as I have noticed.

intresting fact I have noticed and I think is weird though... I had no issue at all being online and driving the Trains that somethimes randomly spawns and then drives around the map and no issues with connection then, or during the scripted 4 man Misssion at all. but I do have the issues during free roam ( hunting, rooaming, doing Bounty Hunting and so on) that is where the issues happen..

or because the Servers Rockstar was told to use " is cheap, old and not able to handle alot of Users using this Game for online either on PC or Consols?" saw somebody posting something about "Rockstar games having Money issues and sales wasn t great for this Game and so on" first I don t think that is the case with bad sales or just most are wating for patches and perhaps Steam Sale at some point or the price for the base game lower? and for me to think or bellive that Rockstar/Take2 has no Money or has issues is alot of nonsens, no way that is the trutht of it, anyhow I hope that they do find the issue or fix the Servers... I don t know what current or peak value or highest users count would be or is for the online part, but if some part of your users of your game, are not able to "connected online or to the Servers" how could it be my fault? and wouldn t my Internet Connection be an issue for other games if that was or is the case?

I love the game so far and have enjoyed Storyline and around Chapter IV (4) and for the online as whole its no suprise that "Gold Bars or Tokens" more or less forces the user to play constantly fo gain "extra stuff or need stuff if you are bounty Hunter, Trader or Collector" and that you do recive some gold bars and very to none "normal cash currency in-game" which I guess says "go buy Gold" but at the same time.. some stuff can t be bought with it, and neither you can change gold bars into - normal cash, unless you really want to look like hobo and get random clothes at every start ( in case you paid more than 60 Bucks for the game, then you don t need to worry about It I guess).

another small thing before I go: I am bit dissapointed that there is not or could have been several possiblities for Story Line Romances, eventhough the ending of Main guy for this game still goes the way it is, even so with no romance there was in previous games, for some cash you could get diffrent romance thing ( wheel Sex for Money or buy Sex, you know Hookers and there are alot of them in-game Story and in online,) and you can t use it somehow is a suprise to me and as far as I know no response why these naughy ladies are in game, but Story Guy can t use em and neither can online Characters at all either lol or maybe for online at some point and after few patches?

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, Itz0wnerQc said:

sup guys i had trouble with the error 0x20010006 when playing online and i found that while trying to do a online plublic solo like in GTA Online (ressourse monitor) that the game gave me the error 0x20010006 when suspended, so i looked at the engine (rdr2.exe) and everytime error 0x20010006 happen is due to the engine doing a peak that crash itself. so i looked for a few fix and so far ive been able to play 3 days without crash or that error every 5-10min. So first i had "Process lasso" priorising to always hight rdr2.exe and its I/0. for those who are familiar with it i have desactivated probalance in the option. i tryed cpu limiter with it but the game is too big i dont recommend doing this.(lowering the engine of 1 core for 1 second when it reach 95-98% dosnt fixed it for me,maybe for a 8core but i only have4),so  i used process tamer on default settings and im just letting him do his job once open because of the hide 1%cpu in process. And then i have battle encoder Shirase, i tryed version 1.7.7 and my antivirus wont let him pass so i used 1.6.2. First open it admin, lunch the game with BES target-watch it and put -3%.so when the game will do its peak because trust me he will do, the engine dont crash itself. 

Hope it can help some of you since R* patched their engine but the console player experience the same issue as us so i tryed fixed it myself

poeple do think error 0x20010006 is a network error or something but its not

Windows10

Intel I5-4670 at 3.4 boosted to 3.78

16Gb memory

GTX 1070 8GB

I want to first thank you for providing this fix. I have done everything as you said and the problem is partially resolved (partially because I still get the disconnection error but much less frequently). I have 9900K (8-core 16-thread) and GTX 1070 so maybe I should do something different from the way you suggested to resolve the problem completely but I am not quite good at these stuff. So can you please help me?

1 hour ago, 93razor93 said:

I want to first thank you for providing this fix. I have done everything as you said and the problem is partially resolved (partially because I still get the disconnection error but much less frequently). I have 9900K (8-core 16-thread) and GTX 1070 so maybe I should do something different from the way you suggested to resolve the problem completely but I am not quite good at these stuff. So can you please help me?

Well, the bad news is that member joined here and has only made that one post since December of last year.  They haven't visited since so I wouldn't bank on them coming back.

However, someone else might have an answer for you so let's see.....

Welcome to the site btw.  :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, the bad news is that member joined here and has only made that one post since December of last year.  They haven't visited since so I wouldn't bank on them coming back.

However, someone else might have an answer for you so let's see.....

Welcome to the site btw.  :)

Thanks mate :)

• Like 1