dead eye auto tag on pc

NeKryXe

i saw a video of someone on PS able to auto tag enemies using the dead eye. i searched if it was also possible on pc but couldn't fin an answer correct answer. i read something about clicking on Q on dead eye but it doesn't work on my system. i'm almost in the middle of the single player, i'd really like to know it to use when there's a lot of enemies.

is it really possible to use auto tag or is it some cheat?

yes. that's it. i saw a video on PS with those crosses marking enemies automatically just by passing the pointer through them. i think it worked for me in a few missions but i probably disabled it by mistake and i can't figure out how to activate it.

Ok, that would be the default behavior with the crosses.

I'll have look in my settings and see if i can find it when I'm back home from work tonight if you haven't figured it out by then.

EDIT: Just stumbled over this:
https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/04/red-dead-redemption-2-dead-eye-level-up-auto-target/

It says in Chapter 2 after the mission "Pouring Forth Oil mission" you get an upgraded Dead eye where you can tag manually instead of the auto-targeting. I'm just about to do that mission so I have the Auto targeting Dead Eye, and maybe you have the upgraded but missing info on what button to press for the actual tagging? If so, I won't know until tonight when I'm finished that mission. 

Edited by Anteronoid

16 hours ago, Anteronoid said:

It says in Chapter 2 after the mission "Pouring Forth Oil mission" you get an upgraded Dead eye where you can tag manually instead of the auto-targeting.

you mean... downgraded :) ...but that's it. looks like i did that mission to fast.

anyway, i was able to restore an old save from a few days ago before the "Pouring Forth Oil mission" and i decided to not do anymore missions in the game and enjoy the open world. i don't like shooter games, so the auto-targeting is perfect for me to do the shooting parts fast and continue enjoying the game.

i'll continue the missions when they fix this. the game is amazing with auto-targeting :) 

You'll notice as you upgrade things throughout the game, things change for stuff like dead eye. Just make sure you pay attention to the changes. I wasn't and was confused when my dead eye upgraded. lol

edit... I thought you meant this for story not online, my bad!

Edited by shawn

2 hours ago, shawn said:

You'll notice as you upgrade things throughout the game, things change for stuff like dead eye. Just make sure you pay attention to the changes. I wasn't and was confused when my dead eye upgraded. lol

edit... I thought you meant this for story not online, my bad!

oh! i was talking about the story. looks like i posted on the online thread by mistake 😕

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

you mean... downgraded :) ...but that's it. looks like i did that mission to fast.

anyway, i was able to restore an old save from a few days ago before the "Pouring Forth Oil mission" and i decided to not do anymore missions in the game and enjoy the open world. i don't like shooter games, so the auto-targeting is perfect for me to do the shooting parts fast and continue enjoying the game.

i'll continue the missions when they fix this. the game is amazing with auto-targeting :) 

Haha, well... I really want to manually tag. Didn't get time to do the mission last night so I'm still in auto-target. The hunting is somewhat hard with the auto-targeting, more then once when in a hurry on horseback when I see a perfect animal and I need to kill it in dead eye, I'll spray it with bullets and the pelt is ruined. Even worse when it comes to birds. :) But some of it was remedied after i got scopes on all hunting guns. Then i can manually shot in slowmotion. 

21 minutes ago, NeKryXe said:

oh! i was talking about the story. looks like i posted on the online thread by mistake 😕

Yeah, but this is the only PC specific forum, and the question was PC related so for me it's legit. Would maybe be good to have an PC specific sub under the "Red Dead Redemption 2" though. 

Edited by Anteronoid

11 hours ago, Anteronoid said:

Yeah, but this is the only PC specific forum, and the question was PC related so for me it's legit. Would maybe be good to have an PC specific sub under the "Red Dead Redemption 2" though. 

agree.

11 hours ago, Anteronoid said:

The hunting is somewhat hard with the auto-targeting,

i don't use much the dead eye when hunting, except for birds. but the auto tag is great to clean hideouts, for example.

i can't understand why it can't be an option.

For now, the PC sub-forum is for PC specific topics regardless if it's online bugs, campaign glitches, settings, hardware conflicts, key binds, etc.  Obviously, if someone has a question regarding the story, online missions, etc. then you would look or ask in those sections as they would be the same for everyone.

10 hours ago, NeKryXe said:

i can't understand why it can't be an option.

I can't understand a lot with this game anymore lol I have played it on console and completed it twice but on PC, everyone seems to be having issues that just keep on piling up and questions like this make me think back and it doesn't seem to make sense to me either. 

15 hours ago, RON said:

I can't understand a lot with this game anymore lol I have played it on console and completed it twice but on PC, everyone seems to be having issues that just keep on piling up and questions like this make me think back and it doesn't seem to make sense to me either. 

they did a wonderful job with the auto-tagging in the game, not only it is perfect for player who just want to enjoy the adventure without much action but also a great feature for some players with reduced mobility. they really did great! -- and then, after one mission in the beginning of the game... they killed it. this is beyond stupid!

asking for the auto-tag is not like asking for something that doesn't exist in the game, it exists, it is great for some people and for some mission, but they just show that it is possible and then remove it.