Drive wagons in CINEMATIC view autopilot mode.

Try all delivery's in FAST TRAVEL/VIEW MODE.  If moonshining NEVER STOP at barricades... just ignore requests to stop and perhaps take 2-3 harmless nullets.. If they do not shoot.. they will not chase and they wave you through 1/3 the time... "Move along"... "yes sir"...

But this is not about moonshing... I always use view mode with wagons.. here is why?

If youre driving a wagon full of pelts through griefer country often enough.. youre going to lose cargo.  It can be hard to defend against griefers when youre on a wagon.
One technique is to dynamite your wagon and at least grab one bag (up to 25 pieces) and throw it on your horse.  If you want another bag place it on the horse from the wagon (Use care with how you destroy wagon then as dynamite sometimes scares away horse... (bridge crash works).  It all depends on how much cargo and how many your opponents.. Usually you may just want to grab the pone bag and go.

The other day I was in view/travel mode and got one shotted.. as they can always do...

So I came back and blew him and my wagon up and put my stuff on horseback for remainder of journey. 

So I get distracted by animals and every blue or red dot I see... and I end up driving worse.. taking shortcuts... crashing... driving at night,... ugg. with no light.. more ugg...

In view mode you just hold a button on your controller or keyboard and go make a coffee.... If youre gonna get attacked.. youre gonna get attacked...   I find explosive repeater ammo is a fine deterrent against posses.  They have explosive ammo also... I find it best to back off then charge them full speed with fire shooting from your shotgun.   Keep your dot stationary from their viewpoint by coming straight at them .. and when they see you on the minimap.. Its too late... They are on fire.

If someone is following you or obviously a griefer and you just want to go on your way without too much fuss... Use poison arrow on their horse..  Then they must take the time to use a revive or remedy on their horse.   By which time youll be gone.

So at least TRY view mode... It makes me relax in game more as Im not so concerned with every blip on the screen.. but if you are concerned.. you can also watch the MAP while in travel/view mode...  In old RDR2 you could see everyone's dot on the map and  your route... now.. not so much.

I find that driving in view mode also makes my character seem fearless and confident... when its actually ignorance.   So maybe people think twice.. plus they see you in a wagon so they can choose to be nice or not.    View mode or no view mode will not alter that decision.

Plus with moonshining I always deliver 20/20 bottles now... Its easy if you let wagon autodrive and ignore roadblock... or get out of wagon for it... I just drove through every roadblock.... every one... always.... easier to ignore them... and no damage...

Hope this tip makes your rdr2 life easier.

Edited by Darconios
  • Like 1

Never tried Viev mode.... dont exactly know what it is - i gues its the 1st person perspective?

When i want to auto drive my wagon i just press the aim button on my X box controller and while i keep pressing it the wagon will drive by itself. I prefer to manually drive it tho bcoz i take a lot of shortcuts when i drive. I never use the yellow road all the way and it pays up. I always do long deliveries and didnt deliver the full load only once since the trader  update. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
1 hour ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Never tried Viev mode.... dont exactly know what it is - i gues its the 1st person perspective?

Not quite - it's cinematic mode. Which you get - on PC at least - by holding down the same button you use to switch views (V) for several seconds. If you do this with a waypoint set, while on the route and moving, your horse or wagon drives itself to the destination.

Never done it with a wagon, but with a horse you don't even have to hold the forward button, it's hands free. Best to keep an eye on it though, horse not very smart. One time it bumped straight into the side of a train that was stopped at a station.

• Like 1

Yeah, gotta have your weapon out and aiming to autopath your wagon. But you gotta keep your weapon pointed down otherwise every NPC you pass will start a fight thinking you're aiming at them. 

But like Hickok says, in trader deliveries, I take a lot of shortcuts and train tracks. Better to go a non traditional route. 

• Like 1

the best way is to pull out your gun , and hold L2 ( aim )  and the wagon will drive it self , as long as you do not touch the left joystick ( that jpystick move the horse ) u can release l2 to shoot but repress it fast  , i can protect my wagon very easily that way and the horse drive so good that even in moonshiner delivery i dont break a bottle

• Like 2

ON Ps4 CINEMATIC MODE (is correct name... I said "view mode" thinking people would know... It is akin to fast travel in story mode and old RDR.

Just put your wagon in cinematic mode and it will bypass the roadblocks half the time..

They (NPC's) say ,

"move along", "keep this lane clear", or nothing... sometimes they say pull over...

I always deliver 20 out of 20 bottles now.   Got 1- 19 because of a phone call... 1 bottle will cost you $50 RDO

If they wave you through.... drive through... nobody will stop you for rest of delivery... (pretty huge).. not one shot at you for entire deliveries

If they say pull over for inspection.. keep driving.. by the time they start shooting you will not lose any bottles.
However.. if they did shoot at you.. you will have a few chasers come after you in a  few minutes... You will hear their voices well before  they are in range.  Stop cinematic mode... wait for them.. shoot em... loot em... continue...

I use PS4 so For my cinematic mode I musty hit the large square button and hold it until it clicks in.. Then I can simply hold x to drive (weapon shouldered).... I drive ALL my wagons like this... most always.

I am level 20 in moonshining... level 20 in all roles.  level 70 (30 lvls to go before April) outlaw pass 2.   level 170+ (unsure) in game...

I normally win against griefers because I have all exploding ammo and keep them handy.  Most griefers use normal ammo.. most.. not all...

So TRY CINEMATIC MODE.... I highly recommend it both so you drive straight without crashing.. but also so you can go fix a coffee in the kitchen while driving your bottles or anything.

or dont...

Edited by Darconios
  • Like 2