question about replaying missions

harry747

When i rescued trelawny, i failed to pick up the rare rolling block rifle. If i replay that mission, will i get another chance to acquire it or is it gone for good?

And if I can get it, is it possible to modify it to match my other guns? Or is it like flaco's and granger's revolvers?

I can't remember having the option to customize it so I don't think you can but I wasn't looking to do it myself, so it might be. Not sure.

As for the replay, in many cases you have to get something like that the first run through but you can try and see if it lets you grab it. 

I tried to find some information on this specific quest for you the other day and could not find anything. I asked a buddy and he said that he is fairly certain if you don't get a weapon in the first go, you can still get it again but it might not count for 100% competition. Did you try replaying it yet? 

You might be able to find the rifle in the mission when you replay it, but I doubt that it'll be transferred to your main game.  The purpose of replaying missions is to get them marked as completed, or to get the silver/gold medals.  You'll have probably noticed that when replaying missions, you start with a very basic horse and loadout (so that you can't ace the earlier missions using upgraded or superior weapons).

I feel that the only way to get the rolling block rifle into the main game is to revert back to an earlier save point.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 6:06 AM, Foxtrot said:

You might be able to find the rifle in the mission when you replay it, but I doubt that it'll be transferred to your main game.  The purpose of replaying missions is to get them marked as completed, or to get the silver/gold medals.  You'll have probably noticed that when replaying missions, you start with a very basic horse and loadout (so that you can't ace the earlier missions using upgraded or superior weapons).

I feel that the only way to get the rolling block rifle into the main game is to revert back to an earlier save point.

Yeah and this is why I always said it was important to save before doing a mission. If you plan on playing through the game again, no big deal cause you can get it the second time around but for people who only want to play it once, it is worth saving prior to every mission.