Hacking and/or mods

Boot Smith

Is this stuff being monitored?

This is my first week playing, 4 of us have been linking up really enjoying it, we have the odd run in PVP etc... it's all good.  But a few times now we've had a single player 1 shotting all of us with a bolt action, no misses.  bam, dead, bam, dead... you give them the benefit of the doubt, some players are pretty good.

But again in Backwater this time I was on my own and it was a posse of 4.  One shot from a bolt action, fair enough here we go - a bit of too and fro.  But before I could even get a shot in bam, bam, bam... I respawned again a got up on the roof, pulled out my bolt action, scoped it and waited for them to come round the corner by the Bounty Board, it was the leader on his own, he was side on to me - whack headshot (red cross) his head went sideways, and I landed two more before he calming turn his horse around and came toward me,  I got on the roof facing down to the saloon and he wandered up and just stood out the front, I pulled out the dual volcanics and lent over the edge, landed 3 shots before BAM!  Shotgun - dead.

Judging by over 90 hours of play this is not normal and is blatant cheating.

By the time I respawned and ran back in to town they had gone so the ingame report didn't list their names.  I can't find anywhere in the Social to report.  Is there a thread for this here?

Edited by Kean_1
(removed pic with name of other player / posse)

You ask "is this stuff being monitored".  Monitored in what way?  Here at this site or if R* is monitoring gameplay?

I'm guessing the screen capture you original shared was the players name / posse name.  You can use that to report them via R* Support.  There is even an option to report individual players or groups:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?step=dea4b872

btw, I removed the screen capture you posted because of the circumstances regarding this thread you created.  We have a "name & shame" policy here.  We don't allow members to call others out for cheating, hacking, etc. regardless of the evidence.  We always suggest folks to go through proper channels and contact R* Support in those cases.  However, any harassment or otherwise inappropriate behavior is experienced here, we strongly suggest anyone affected or witnessing such things report it to RDR.org staff immediately and we will take care of it.

That's understandable, thanks Kean.  The link was exactly what I was looking for.

I think any 3rd party benefits being used in game stand out so much you have to be quite an idiot to think you can get away with it.

Cheers.

Actually that's just taken me in the same loop as before, where in social Club do I report a 'player / Group' ?

"..The most effective way to report a player group is through the in-game menu. You can also report a player group using the tools on Social Club.."

On 1/5/2020 at 4:20 AM, Boot Smith said:

Actually that's just taken me in the same loop as before, where in social Club do I report a 'player / Group' ?

"..The most effective way to report a player group is through the in-game menu. You can also report a player group using the tools on Social Club.."

https://support.rockstargames.com/

Go there, select the game and then game play. You will see the option to report a player group in the middle on the bottom row. Just do it this way. Seems to be the most effect and easiest. 

1 hour ago, MadMatt said:

https://support.rockstargames.com/

Go there, select the game and then game play. You will see the option to report a player group in the middle on the bottom row. Just do it this way. Seems to be the most effect and easiest. 

He's right, it doesn't allow you to open a ticket.  I could have sworn it did before.  All it says is "The most effective way to report a player group is through the in-game menu. You can also report a player group using the tools on Social Club."

I would still open a ticket using one of the other selections and then let them know. Ask for detailed instructions as to how to do this via the Social Club if that is the only way because it's obviously not apparent to me how to through that site.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a cheater yet but I play online sparingly. I did have one player hounding me so i waited for him to hogtie and then out me on his horse (for whatever reason) and I just got offline. Whatever he had in mind was "poof" I am gone.

Ok, I thought I would update this post as I ended up not reporting the player although I did find the route via a support ticket.  And it is is a lot easier if you remember the players name and do this in game as it happens as they will be listed in the player list.

I found out that if you are not in defensive mode and have the ability card that targets/marks enemies you pretty much have an auto aim.auto fire feature. 

Using dead eye while 'un-scoped' you can target (mark) an enemy and then BAM the gun will auto fire and shoot at all the targets you have marked.  Obviously in a town a quick Eagle Eye - Mark - Shoot (from any distance) will take out any player.  What R* should do is alert you on the death screen that the player was using 'Eagle-Eye' this would at least inform you they are not actually cheating but using the pussy in game skill you can't dodge if you are out in the open.

That being said, I did come across my first legitimate hacker experience (reported) when a player blew up everybody on the server at the same time, all the kills came up on the right one after the other, and when I respawned I was being thrown around like a rag doll.  So they do exist.

Anyway, thanks for your help and comments.

~Boot 

Edited by Boot Smith

5 minutes ago, Boot Smith said:

Ok, I thought I would update this post as I ended up not reporting the player although I did find the route via a support ticket.   

Would you mind sharing that with us?   .....or are you saying the route they suggest is the in-game reporting feature?

Is it just me, or should reporting players and groups be a lot easier? I could have sworn it used to be. Maybe things changed since it came out on PC? I don't know. They should just have an entire separate thing for this so no one gets confused.