PS4: Instant kill and headshots and everything...

MKay

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I hope somebody can help.

For quite a while it has become almost impossible to win a PvP or Takeover or Shootout on PS4. I am rank 141 and my sets of cards are on level 3, yet all sorts of players kill me instantly with just one shot.
No matter full health, strong tonics and the necessary cards, it is most of the time just one shot.
Not even always a headshot but simple bodyshots with an Evans or Varmint, Bolt Action or any other general weapon.
Even players with a rank 2 or 10 or 27 kill me as if I was a beginner.
In brawls when somebody pulls me to the ground I can't defend myself and I am killed by low ranks (recently it was a rank 5 player wrestling me to the ground and killing me).

Then there are the headshots.
Obviously, everybody can do headshots now, even the rank 1 players. But it's not just a headshot but they jump from behind a corner and give you an instant kill/headshot while not even aiming at you.
It all happens within a millisecond, so fast that it's impossible to even blink.
Who in the world can react so fast, lift the weapon, aim and shoot while coming around the corner?

On the other hand, I can shoot whatever I want, it's almost impossible to kill an opponent. Bolt Action or two pistols (Navy and Volcanic), Pump guns, even explosive ammo, it doesn't matter.
Yesterday I unloaded two full magazins of my pistols plus 6 shots from Double-Barreled-Shotgun and the player had lost only half of her health.

What in the world...?
I am not shooting cotton swabs, so how can others kill so easily and I have to shoot all I have?

My internet connection is perfect. Fast and steady, so it can't be lag.

I am really fed up with this. Most of the time I can be happy when I get 3 kills in a PvP.
Has anyone any idea?

• Like 1

I played PvP briefly in the beginning but I never liked R*s interpretation of gunplay mechanics, combat movement, bulet-sponge damage mechanics, etc. It simply too arcadey for me. Seems it whoever is better at flicking the controller, rolling around, jumping, etc. ......twitch shooter stuff.

Personally, I've never been good at PvP in such games myself although I do quite well in more milsim-ish tactical shooters, etc.

Luckily, RDO has so much more going for it in the game world that makes up for these undesirable aspects IMO.  If R* games didn't, I wouldn't be playing them.

• Like 1

Headshots are basically the only reliable way to dispatch opponents. I picked up Matchmaking a few weeks ago and after finding a sort of 'run and gun' playstyle that suits my loadout very well. Experiment with Tonics, weapons and playstyles to find your preferred method of play.

45 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Personally, I've never been good at PvP in such games myself although I do quite well in more milsim-ish tactical shooters, etc.

ArmA or Squad?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EjectedCasings said:

ArmA or Squad?

I used to play games like the OP Flashpoint series but I say milsim-ish because I'm also including titles like the early R6 series and similar. Games where lethality is more unforgiving / realistic, etc. than twitch shooters.

GRW was the closest thing we had on console in a long while and certainly on PS4. At least PS3 had OPF, MAG.... I also play DayZ quite a bit since it's release on PS4.  

I gave up PC when the PS3 released and with that decision, I lost the ability to play milsim titles like SQUAD and ARMA 3. ......but, DayZ  is now on PS4 and I can't wait until Insurgency Sandstorm arrives early this year.  GRB was a bust and tossed the GRW formula out the window (a decision Ubi now regrets). 

I'm hoping more devs of these more tactical / milsim-like titles make the jump over to console in the future. Perhaps it will finally get the attention of AAA devs that there is an untapped market in this genre.

5 hours ago, MKay said:

Obviously, everybody can do headshots now, even the rank 1 players. But it's not just a headshot but they jump from behind a corner and give you an instant kill/headshot while not even aiming at you.

It all happens within a millisecond, so fast that it's impossible to even blink.
Who in the world can react so fast, lift the weapon, aim and shoot while coming around the corner?

Lag + Auto aim

Auto aim should not exist.. Especially in pvp.  But R* thinks auto aim is 'cool'.  So everyones stuck with it.

Lag is also another issue.  You may have the best internet speed possible. The other guy might be on some shitty WIFI.    What you described about instant head shots while not aiming at you is lag.  

Also.. shooting from cover allows for instant tight aim.

So factor in all those things.  And you get your answer.

• Like 2

@MKay tank builds bro ! I run in to this all the time. Dynamite always works though ! 😀  they said they put a lid on tonic use and leveled all cards but the tank builds still exists. Slow and steady , iron lung , peak condition and a fourth card I won't mention as I don't condone this type of game play. It's all to real and all R* did was put a small cooldown on tonic use. If you couple that card setup with chugging 3 star tonics only dynamite will kill em first try. Also I know a lot of low life cheaters are using aim bot for those head shots. Look it up bro it's real. They will get banned in due time. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YellowDragon said:

I don't mind auto-aim so long as you are given an option to be on an auto-aim lobby or not. If there is an option, I have yet to find it. It seems like I am almost always in auto-aim lobbies. 

In Free Roam, there is only auto-aim. There are no other session options at the moment as their vision for Free Roam doesn't currently include implementing such. That's not to say that they won't at some point as they have left that door open in past interviews.

Currently, free aim is only available in the form of PvP events.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies.

So if it's really lag it must be lag with approx. every second player in literally every Takeover-session.
Why does the lag always work in advance for the opponents?
The PvPs get even worse when a whole crew builds a team. No chance to even stay alive for more than 5 seconds.

I have also considered cheaters even though it is allegedly hard or even impossible to really hack the PS4. There are glitches according to other players and some internet sites, though.
But that would mean that half the players used glitches.

Speaking of auto aim (which I prefer, to be honest), I've noticed that whenever I take strong tonics I get a headshot and therefore instant kill whereas I get a kill by only two or three bodyshots when I don't take tonics.
Could it be that there is a cheat or glitch that automatically gives a headshot when the other player actually could not be killed by a bodyshot instantly?

Whenever I ask an opponent how it is possible that he or she killed me despite my cards and the tonics they respond that they have the Paint it Black card.
Well, I used to have this card activated too, yet I never killed another player with just one shot.
When I ask them why I couldn't kill them with even a whole magazine and a Pumpgun, they say "because of my cards and the tonics". Yet they can't explain why my cards and tonics actually have no effect.
And often they get cheeky and call me loser.

Yes, there must be cheaters on PS4, too. Two weeks ago I encountered a rank 15 player killing me with one shot from an Evans rifle. I asked him how this was possible and he claimed to have used explosive ammo.
Explosive ammo is impossible in an Evans, not to mention that at rank 15 he couldn't have had the recipe yet.
Now, two weeks later, he had a rank of almost 300.

However, I also consider the possibility that something is wrong with my account, a bug or something.

Edited by MKay
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKay said:

Thank you everyone for your replies.

So if it's really lag it must be lag with approx. every second player in literally every Takeover-session.
Why does the lag always work in advance for the opponents?
The PvPs get even worse when a whole crew builds a team. No chance to even stay alive for more than 5 seconds.

I have also considered cheaters even though it is allegedly hard or even impossible to really hack the PS4. There are glitches according to other players and some internet sites, though.
But that would mean that half the players used glitches.

Speaking of auto aim (which I prefer, to be honest), I've noticed that whenever I take strong tonics I get a headshot and therefore instant kill whereas I get a kill by only two or three bodyshots when I don't take tonics.
Could it be that there is a cheat or glitch that automatically gives a headshot when the other player actually could not be killed by a bodyshot instantly?

Whenever I ask an opponent how it is possible that he or she killed me despite my cards and the tonics they respond that they have the Paint it Black card.
Well, I used to have this card activated too, yet I never killed another player with just one shot.
When I ask them why I couldn't kill them with even a whole magazine and a Pumpgun, they say "because of my cards and the tonics". Yet they can't explain why my cards and tonics actually have no effect.
And often they get cheeky and call me loser.

Yes, there must be cheaters on PS4, too. Two weeks ago I encountered a rank 15 player killing me with one shot from an Evans rifle. I asked him how this was possible and he claimed to have used explosive ammo.
Explosive ammo is impossible in an Evans, not to mention that at rank 15 he couldn't have had the recipe yet.
Now, two weeks later, he had a rank of almost 300.

However, I also consider the possibility that something is wrong with my account, a bug or something.

Don't get yourself down over this bud. Lag switching , aim bot , God mode , all are real and I can go in PvP and get a 15 kill 2 death match and then the next I'm 3 kill 9 death. Can't put my finger on what changes but it seems each different mode favors a different weapon. Try to use as much cover as you can and play it like you only have 1 life. Let the tankers run to middle and get blown up. Most important is that your enjoying yourself. If it gets frustrating get out of there and play in free roam awhile till your back to center. 

• Like 5