controls stop working

mokoleus

Anyone else have the issue where it's like the game loses focus, and stops responding to any inputs? Happens with bluetooth xboxone controller, wireless usb logitech controller, and even keyboard mouse input. Have to alt tab in and out to regain control.

Seldom happens while doing something in game, happens regularly while in any menu, and during cinematic camera rides.

Ran an app to monitor windows focus, and other then xbox game bar, which I then disabled, nothing else has ever appeared.

Haven't heard back from rockstar yet.

Have you tested this with other games because it sounds like a PC issue more than an RDR2 issue to me. Make sure you verify that first. 

If it is indeed an issue with just this game, it is likely down to the launcher, not the actual game. Are you running it through Steam?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mokoleus said:

Windows 10, fully updated. Xboxone controller isn't connected through usb. On board bluetooth. Though I'll try swapping keyboard and trackball and see if that makes a difference

That is probably where your issue is then. I had this happen with a bluetooth headset before. I couldn't figure out why but it wouldn't work all the time. I was having issues with Origin games I believe and the sound just not working. I never was able to find a fix. I just used my wired ones until I got a new PC.

Sadly it's not the bluetooth. I started with the xboxone controller plugged in through USB wirelessly, and was having the issues where the triggers wouldn't register as fully pressed, so you couldn't talk to people. Then switched to wired keyboard, and that's when the input focus started. I actually setup  my bluetooth because the keyboard/trackball kept losing focus. Even does it to my usb wireless logitech f710.

It's annoying, but workable. Almost finished the game, and compared to what some people have had to deal with to get it to run, I can't complain too much. Other then this weird issue, and having to add an exception to avast, I've had a relatively smooth game... just wish i knew why it does this. Rockstar finally got back to my ticket with verify installation.... afterwards was less then five minutes before it happened again... it was actually worse afterwards then it's been in awhile

• Like 1

Yeah this is a minor annoyance compared to some issues I have read online. I wish I could think of a fix for you but I would have mentioned what has already been mentioned. Hopefully Rockstar can help you out with it. Shouldn't be having an issue like this with a relatively new game.