Routinely get infinite loading screens when trying to start a mission

potato-6

So I dont get disconnected very often.  I get lost trying to start a mission or log into the game.  I have given the game upwards of 10 minutes to reslove its issues but no. Sometimes its in the picture mode sometimes i just get the revolver cylinder.  Help?

This is a complaint that everyone has had from time to time. There are so many reasons that can cause a prolonged loading screen...

Lag, connection issues, bugs, glitches, etc. 

I can't offer any help. I usually just close the game and restart it after 5 minutes if nothing happens.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

I can't offer any help. I usually just close the game and restart it after 5 minutes if nothing happens.

Same here. I don't even give it 5 minutes anymore. At most, it takes me 3 minutes to join a lobby. If I am stuck waiting, I quit the game. It is annoying to have to go back into the game and wait to load in but it is better than risking being stuck on a screen that won't ever load.

I have found I get it if I try to go to "online" and switch areas to do the ghetto quick travel.  Any time I want to change areas or lobbies, I have to exit the game and choose it from the initial log in page.  When I disconnect, I exit the game for the same reason, though I usually only get the option to quit the game anyway. It is a reported bug for PC, though I have heard of other issues like this as well.  No ETA on it from RS that I know of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faelwolf said:

I have found I get it if I try to go to "online" and switch areas to do the ghetto quick travel.  Any time I want to change areas or lobbies, I have to exit the game and choose it from the initial log in page.  When I disconnect, I exit the game for the same reason, though I usually only get the option to quit the game anyway. It is a reported bug for PC, though I have heard of other issues like this as well.  No ETA on it from RS that I know of.

Yeah I reported the issues a few weeks back. I know others have. I saw some people complaining about it on Reddit and the GTA forum. Hoping it gets sorted soon. It is a pain when I want to switch lobbies because of lack of animal spans or horrible players. 

So this BS started for me the other day. Happened a few times last night in the middle of doing some moonshine runs and I was getting PISSED. I never had this issue before so I don't know what it going on with the game. I am going to play again later, hopefully it has stopped but I don't have much hope that it did.