best way to get a squirrel?

I'm trying to get a perfect squirrel pelt, but how do I do that? Shooting them from horseback will guarantee that the squirrel won't be 3-star. If I get off the horse, I can't find any squirrels. Also, should I use the varmint rifle or small game arrows?

When i was on that island to get a perfect iguana skin, I shot some turtles with small game arrows, and they went from 3 stars to 1 star. Should I have used the varmint rifle?

But the main reason for this post is the perfect squirrel pelt. So how can I get one?

On 1/24/2020 at 2:26 PM, harry747 said:

ok, i finally got my squirrel. now i need a badger, a buck (would that be a whitetail buck?) and then a panther and a wolf...

Panthers are pretty easy to get quality pelts, at least for me they were. I am not sure why. I struggled with buck skins and wolf skins.

i've killed plenty of wolves, but the problem is i can't remember getting a perfect pelt. then again, they were hunting me, now it's the other way around.

so where's the best place to hunt wolves? and should i use regular or potent predator bait?