No random encounters bug and possible solution

simply_the_lex

Ok so for a about three weeks most of the random eencounters in free roam had vanished, no strangers, no gang hideouts, no rescuing the tied up ungrateful police officer, the only things that happened were the occasional revenue agents, destroy the distillery, and wolf encounters. Some time last week, even they stopped, so no random events at all, despite playing every day for hours, nothing happend. Before i get the "but they are random events" I know that, but i should have encountered something, anything.

This has happend before and it lasted weeks, and then one day after spending days of discussing it with rockstar support, it magically fixed it's self. But i had no idea what did it, so i just went about my business. This time, i had just finished a level one bounty (which by the way had the difficulty ramped up for some reason, and that was after dealing with a bunch of griefers down in Thieves Landing, whilst at the same time trying to capture my bounty, well di*k heads gonna di*k) Anyway, i had just got done with that, when i encountered a pack of wolves, then a destroy the distillery event and then a god damn gang hideout, it felt like i hadn't seen that red blip on the mini map in years, and i took great pleasure in murdering everyone bar the leader.

Anyway, I need to test it more to make sure everything is working again, but if anyone else has this problem, i know a few have, try doing a low level bounty. I hope it works for you, and brings some peace to your playtime in this buggy bulls**t land of Red Dead.

Edited by simply_the_lex

I have always bounced around with levels as I play with a few different people so I don't know if it would have been that. I have had the issue too but if it is indeed this, I hope it works for other people to sort this bug until Rockstar either fixes it or breaks something else lol

Ok so its all gone again, the props for the encounters spawn but no one is in them, weirdly the destroy the distillery encounter spawns with people in, only in the world and nothing on the map, but none actually work, the enemies just stand around doing nothing and you can walk around killing them and nothing happens. I tried doing bounties but nothing is working now.

1 hour ago, simply_the_lex said:

Ok so its all gone again, the props for the encounters spawn but no one is in them, weirdly the destroy the distillery encounter spawns with people in, only in the world and nothing on the map, but none actually work, the enemies just stand around doing nothing and you can walk around killing them and nothing happens. I tried doing bounties but nothing is working now.

heard theres a fix coming tomorrow feb 5 , just saying it happens to everyone of us , since animals are gone encounters are gone as well as gang hideouts.

Well the bounty board thing was still working, but it only worked for New Austin since it was the Armadillo board that i got the bounty from. It hadn't fixed any encounters in the rest of the map. So ive been to almost every bounty board and done a level one bounty at each, all random encounters are back, but I think it fixed some of the animal spawns too, Ive just gone from weeks of seeing no bears, wolves or cougars, and yesterday there was one aligator in the whole of Blue Water Marsh, to four 3 star grizzlies, three wolves, a cougar and at least five aligators as i was passing through the mash on my way to St Denis and thats just within a few hours.

So for me, it might be different for other players; Armadillo bounty board fixed New Austin, Wallace Station fixed West Elizabeth, Valentine fixed all of New Hanover, and possibly Ambarino, and Van Horn fixed Lemoyne.

So far from what ive seen all random encounters are working again and even big game spawns. So if you have problems with animal spawns, it might help a bit.

I heard that the servers were just going down for PS4, so I figured it was just that platform getting a fix, or is it all systems, but for what ever reason the PS4 version needs to be taken off line for it to be applied? Either way I'll belive it when i see it.

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts.