Bug, or hacker?

So I log into the game today, and miraculously, arrive in my camp.  I walked over to the butcher table to donate the few items that survived my previous disconnects, a total of 2 alligator teeth in two weeks worth of attempting to play (Yay! /s).  As soon as I hit the button to donate, my character becomes covered in grotesquely distorted animal carcasses, and cougars begin falling from the sky. I didn't hang around long enough to see if any other animals were doing so.  Having heard of a hack that griefers are using to get folks banned from the game, I exited immediately and reported the incident to RS.  Anyone having an issue like this other than hackers greifing people?
As a side note, I tried to give a more detailed report, but RS has some pretty severe text length restrictions in their bug report form, I am getting the impression they aren't really concerned with hunting down bugs.

Its just my guess. This sound like a hack. What you are describing sound like what happen in GTAO pc. When hacker would drop money bags above the players head giving non hackers tonnes of money in seconds. Getting the non-hacker banned because of a massive amount of money the non hacker/player would get in a matter of seconds.

Yeah this has to just be a hack. The GTA one doesn't seem to get you banned anymore. A friend I know always plays with a dude who uses hacks/mods online on PC and gives people money on an almost daily basis. I can't say the same for RDR2 online though. I think they are watching it more carefully for stuff like this.

19 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

Either way, it's reported, so if I get the ban, will at least have a leg to stand on to protest it, if that will do anything. My game experience just seems to keep going further downhill in RDR2O.

They'll reverse it, no doubt. I know what you mean though. I don't want to blame other players entirely and I don't want to blame Rockstar entirely, but the more issues the game has and the more people who try to exploit them for personal gain or amusement, the more annoyed I become. 

4 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

Heard back from support, they told me I could fix the problem by reloading Steam (I don't play through Steam or mentioned Steam at all)  Um.......

I just can't make this stuff up!

I am sorry but the state of the help team with Rockstar is a complete joke at this point. They are just spewing out generated responses and a lot of times, they don't help solve anything. I would get so frustrated if I tried to contact them. 

I am sure there is yet another reply in my mailbox today, but just don't feel like dealing with them right now.  I've told them to go ahead and close the ticket three times now, in plain text, but they just keep pushing.  Game is definitely shelved at this point, can't even log on for three minutes without a griefer, bug, or disconnect? Time to move on. It's a shame, this game has such huge potential, but it is being so horribly mismanaged.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a classic modder. That happens in Grand Theft Auto Online all the time. The good news is you can pick up the carcasses and donate them. Someone did that to us in a lobby at the butcher's table at Strawberry and I got $14 for each dead cougar that fell from the sky. In GTA Online parlance, that's called a money drop. Someone gave you free money.

I have seen modder activity as of late on RDR Online which resembles exactly the kind of stuff I've seen on GTA Online for the past two-plus years. God mode (can't die) and teleportation of players across the map.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:11 PM, Faelwolf said:

I am sure there is yet another reply in my mailbox today, but just don't feel like dealing with them right now.  I've told them to go ahead and close the ticket three times now, in plain text, but they just keep pushing.  Game is definitely shelved at this point, can't even log on for three minutes without a griefer, bug, or disconnect? Time to move on. It's a shame, this game has such huge potential, but it is being so horribly mismanaged.

I am sorry this happened for you. I have had plenty of issues with the game on console as well as PC but I completely understand shelving it. I would too in your shoes. Rockstar doesn't seem to know how to handle all these issues piling up and can't seem to help people with basic issues anymore.