what's the best spot to catch bluegill? i've tried o'creagh's run, elysian pool and the spot where i caught the legendary bluegill. result: only 2 or 3 bluegill plus lots and lots of other fish. and yes, i used the cheese bait.

also, should i let the bait sit there or reel it in?

6 minutes ago, harry747 said:

That's where I caught the legendary bluegill, so I thought there would be more bluegill there. But the vast majority of the fish I caught were not bluegill.

I thought you meant the legendary one, my bad dude! You see the dock just up north from that spot? I find them there a lot.

You can be anywhere in that area, not just at the dock. I have found them there as well. Just start at the bottom and work up the coast line bit. You should find a place where they spawn frequently. And yeah, using certain bait will increase your odds. 

On 2/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, Coyote said:

Bluegill like cheese so stick with that. You can find them in any river or lake but they are most active when it is raining. I find it is best to only fish for them in the rain myself.

I struggled with finding them until I started fishing for them in the rain. They seem to be every where imaginable when it rains. I don't know why. I am not familiar with the fish irl so maybe it is a known trait to real life fishing for these kinds of fish.