Jump to content

Springfield Model 1888


Recommended Posts

I started off with the bolt action rifle and today I purchased the Springfield Model 1888 rifle and so far, I'm liking the Springfield rifle better. Both are great rifles!. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love a Springfield.  Springfield and Rolling Block are my two favourites.  If someone griefs me then I switch to an Evans and twin navies, but out on my own there's something about a single shot rifle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey partners !!!!

I've recently came back to game after i saw that RDR2 is on Game pass ( you got to love the hordes of noobs trying to shoot you while doing stuff etc. OH the pain they feel when they realise they fcuked with the wrong cowboy.  ;) no offence ppl :P)

So i always preferred Bolt action then Springfield bcoz its slightly faster and more accurate. But i noticed something strange and pls correct me if im wrong: Was the bolt action nerfed? I feel that the range is dumbed down a bit..... 

 

Anyway ill try Springfield today - havent used it for ages. 

 

Cya in game folks !

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hey partners !!!!

I've recently came back to game after i saw that RDR2 is on Game pass ( you got to love the hordes of noobs trying to shoot you while doing stuff etc. OH the pain they feel when they realise they fcuked with the wrong cowboy.  ;) no offence ppl :P)

So i always preferred Bolt action then Springfield bcoz its slightly faster and more accurate. But i noticed something strange and pls correct me if im wrong: Was the bolt action nerfed? I feel that the range is dumbed down a bit..... 

 

Anyway ill try Springfield today - havent used it for ages. 

 

Cya in game folks !

 

Welcome back!!  Glad you said that, as I have thought the same thing.  I recently switched back to Springfield from Bolt Action as I don't find the Bolt as effective, suddenly.  Massively prefer the Springfield now.  And yes, being set upon by a posse of single digit level players (or the odd optimistic solo) when visiting a saloon or butcher or some such is good fun.

See you out on the range.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I`ve used the Krag-Joergensen Bolt action from the very start and I`ve noticed the same. Even a cheap repeter has a better range in auto-aim than the bolt-action has now. But still, it bites.

Was attacked by 3-4 newcommers in Armadillo this evening, the posse-leader was able to kill me first. Fighting from the horseback, allways moving I picked them quite easy 2-3 times before they paroled. 

Will check out my Springfields range and compare, not a bad gun that rifle

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

Hey partners !!!!

I've recently came back to game after i saw that RDR2 is on Game pass ( you got to love the hordes of noobs trying to shoot you while doing stuff etc. OH the pain they feel when they realise they fcuked with the wrong cowboy.  ;) no offence ppl :P)

So i always preferred Bolt action then Springfield bcoz its slightly faster and more accurate. But i noticed something strange and pls correct me if im wrong: Was the bolt action nerfed? I feel that the range is dumbed down a bit..... 

 

Anyway ill try Springfield today - havent used it for ages. 

 

Cya in game folks !

 

Welcome back. I may have some good news on the PC side of things. After updating to the recent update, Red Dead Redemption 2 is no longer defaulting to low settings. It is now defaulting to medium settings. I haven’t tried the game out yet, I have to wait until this weekend, but I might actually be able to play the game on PC!.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah so Bolt action has been nerfed with the range that is for sure. 

Been using Springfield for last two days and i have to say it improoved in my eyes. Its a very powerfull no 2nd chances weapon but still i will choose bolt action in most pvp situations.      Im using The springfield for pve and open world tho. I took it to a few pvp matches y-day and it was OK but i was feeling a bit uncomfortable with the firing speed when approached by multiple enemies. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Yeah so Bolt action has been nerfed with the range that is for sure. 

Been using Springfield for last two days and i have to say it improoved in my eyes. Its a very powerfull no 2nd chances weapon but still i will choose bolt action in most pvp situations.      Im using The springfield for pve and open world tho. I took it to a few pvp matches y-day and it was OK but i was feeling a bit uncomfortable with the firing speed when approached by multiple enemies. 

 

 

Yes agreed - I had three players coming at me last night and the Springfield nearly got me in bother.  Lost my hat between dropping the second and going for the third, waiting on the reload.  I love it, but had to switch back to the Evans repeater for multiple players.  Otherwise I'm now a Springfield man through and through.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 8:35 AM, SimonTemplar said:

Yes agreed - I had three players coming at me last night and the Springfield nearly got me in bother.  Lost my hat between dropping the second and going for the third, waiting on the reload.  I love it, but had to switch back to the Evans repeater for multiple players.  Otherwise I'm now a Springfield man through and through.

I'm going to have to check out the Evans Repeater. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2020 at 1:21 AM, Vendetta said:

I'm going to have to check out the Evans Repeater. 

Big clip, fast rate of fire, makes a fantastic noise when you fire it.  If player are ganging up on me it can make the difference.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SimonTemplar said:

Big clip, fast rate of fire, makes a fantastic noise when you fire it.  If player are ganging up on me it can make the difference.

Cool. I have a lot of content to get through. I recently started the Moonshiners role and I’m enjoying it. I’m struggling through the Bounty Hunter role. It’s just not keeping my interest. At this point, I’m casually doing it to unlock revolver tricks. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 12:49 AM, Vendetta said:

Cool. I have a lot of content to get through. I recently started the Moonshiners role and I’m enjoying it. I’m struggling through the Bounty Hunter role. It’s just not keeping my interest. At this point, I’m casually doing it to unlock revolver tricks. 

Yes I enjoy Moonshiner.  I'm level 20 in all the roles but keep doing Moonshiner now even thought the money isn't that great.  First few levels I was making a loss and now I do it for the xp rather than the coin.  Bounty Hunter I agree with you.   I levelled it up just to get the tricks, then found that I never use the tricks!!  Just never think to.  I enjoyed the legendaries, but only repeat them now when a posse wants to.  Excited for the rumoured Summer roles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, SimonTemplar said:

Yes I enjoy Moonshiner.  I'm level 20 in all the roles but keep doing Moonshiner now even thought the money isn't that great.  First few levels I was making a loss and now I do it for the xp rather than the coin.  Bounty Hunter I agree with you.   I levelled it up just to get the tricks, then found that I never use the tricks!!  Just never think to.  I enjoyed the legendaries, but only repeat them now when a posse wants to.  Excited for the rumoured Summer roles.

I have been out of the loop. What are the roles? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 8:20 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Wanted to say exact same thing. 

I was starting to think that there willl be no more updates.

With all that is going on right now with the pandemic, I would think it will be awhile before we get a major DLC release. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, Vendetta said:

With all that is going on right now with the pandemic, I would think it will be awhile before we get a major DLC release. 

Yeah i bet it will.     

In the meantime i've found some info about new content and seems to me that some of it is ready to go.

*   4 new ability cards :  1 dead eye (red) ; 2 combat (yellow) ; 1 green card.   - tho i heard the names of the cards i cant recall them atm and i do not know whta they affect. 

Tier 2 roles:

Some speculate that instead of introducing NEW roles they will continue with another tiers for existing roles:

So       Tier 2 Bounty Hunter would be "The law man"

           Tier 2 Collector would be  "Naturalist" 

           Tier 2 Trader would be "Horse breader"

 

Now these are some information that i found on the web and xcept the cards (they seem to be done already i even saw the graphic layot of them) might not be true . Time will tell.  

Atm im happy playing daily skirmishing with everybody that dares to take a cheap shot at me.    ;)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:31 PM, Vendetta said:

I have been out of the loop. What are the roles? 

Hello!  Sorry have been tucked up away from the forum with various Covid things, then my wife was hospitalised (not Covid, jsut bad luck lost her sight for a while but all mostly better now, phew!) so with four kids and work haven't been on the laptop much.  Largely as my daughter (7) hogs it for her school work.  But if anyone wants to know anything about pirates, oceans, three dimensional shapes or the times tables up to 12 I'm your man..!)

Anyway with apologies for the waffle (out of practice?), @James Hickok_1837 has really answered now (thank you, and sorry for disappearing) but the two I heard were lawman and rancher.  Heard from a decent source that lawman is confirmed for later this year (was delayed by lockdown but is still this year) and they hope to bring out rancher at the same time.  I'm hoping they also drop Mexico at the same time, maybe a vain hope but as they have the maps from RDR1 it must surely happen at some point.

Loving the game at the moment - level 197, 304 gold bars (ready to buy the new update), 96 day streak and almost have all the ability cards at level III.  Happy days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...