Zoologist Trophy Pt. 2

NYpatriot

Let me clarify, I just found out that I do NOT need the Carolina Parakeet for the trophy (thank goodness). So I guess that only leaves me with the Bravo Turkey. Also, I found a suggestion to turn off the ps4 for 10 minutes to reset the cache (may work), fingers crossed I hope this is it.

To reset the spawning, I used to manually save, exit the game completely, and then go back in.

For the Rio Grande Turkey, I just followed a youtube video about the location and got it fairly easily.  A few of the owls I found difficult.

But not as painful as collecting all of the herbs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can get 38 out of 43 in the main map. 1 you can find just outside Blackwater (Prairie Poppy). Desert Sage, Red Sage, Blackcurrant, and Wild Feverfew you can only find in New Austin. But you can use a covered wagon to get into New Austin as Arthur and pick those plants even with the sniper shooting at you, there are guides on Youtube on how to do so.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:14 PM, harry747 said:

38? that means i'm missing one. the question is, WHICH one, and where can i find it? hmmm...

It's cases like this where I wish someone would create a guide online which replicates the Compendium's menu style. This way, when you're missing something, you could simply look where it is in the Compendium, then bring up the guide, and navigate to that spot to see what you're missing.

Edited by Parzival

Okay, since this thread is more or less for the reason I'm asking this, can someone tell me three things:

1. & 2. What's between the Western Toad and Eastern Wild Turkey on page 11 of the Animals compendium, and where can I find it?

3. Any tips on getting the drop on a Florida Panther? I need to track and study it, but can never seem to catch one off guard.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:01 AM, Parzival said:

1. & 2. What's between the Western Toad and Eastern Wild Turkey on page 11 of the Animals compendium, and where can I find it?

The Sonoran Desert Toad.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:01 AM, Parzival said:

3. Any tips on getting the drop on a Florida Panther? I need to track and study it, but can never seem to catch one off guard.

The only place I've ever found is east of Catfish Jackson's, south of Bolger Glade. If you ride your horse along the road right along the water, one will often come out of the woods. Otherwise you may have to ride through that woods but be prepared to be bucked off your horse and have very little time to react.

The only way I've been able to track and study panthers/cougars is by shooting them with a poison arrow, they run away from you then while they're dying you can track and study them. Otherwise it's basically impossible because you'll never sneak up on them.

7 hours ago, Crawsack said:

The only place I've ever found is east of Catfish Jackson's, south of Bolger Glade. If you ride your horse along the road right along the water, one will often come out of the woods. Otherwise you may have to ride through that woods but be prepared to be bucked off your horse and have very little time to react.

The only way I've been able to track and study panthers/cougars is by shooting them with a poison arrow, they run away from you then while they're dying you can track and study them. Otherwise it's basically impossible because you'll never sneak up on them.

They spawn just northeast of Lakay, too, on the eastern shore opposite Lagras.

I'll try poison arrows next time, thanks.

On 12/28/2020 at 12:32 AM, harry747 said:

how many herbs can you collect without going into new austin? so far i have 37 out of 43. are the other 6 in new austin?

For herbs, I based myself on this: https://rankedboost.com/red-dead-redemption-2/plants/
Also for animals.
I copy all plants in an Excel sheet and by filtering the plants and exotics on https://rdr2map.com/ you can find them all.
When I find a plant, I mark it as found in Excel so I can't miss anything.

Check it with what you have already in your compendium. I do this for evertything.
My list contains all garments, hats, vests, cotes, gloves, chaps, boots, saddles, camp upgrades, trinckets & talismans, horses, achievements (trophies), weapons, equiment, side missions and all ingredients.
Let me explain the "all ingredients": 

The Bear Hunter   Legendary Bear Head Hat Legendary Bear Pelt x1         $40.00
  Legendary Bear Coat Legendary Bear Pelt x1         $28.00
Perfect Bison Pelt x1        
  Legendary Bear Roper Legendary Bear Pelt x1         $34.00
Perfect Bull Hide x1        
  Boar Riding Gloves Perfect Boar Pelt x1         $15.00
Perfect Rabbit Pelt x2        

The Bear Hunter garment consists a hat, coat, roper and gloves. I need to go hunt for pelts and hides.
So per garment I count what I need and put this all together so I now that in total to get all garments I exactly know how many plumes, feathers, pelts, hides and other this I need. Also the total mony to by all garments.

This is a part of my ingredients list, there is much more of course.

Perfect Badger Pelt 4
Perfect Bear Pelt 2
Perfect Beaver Pelt 16
Perfect Bison Pelt 6
Perfect Black Bear Pelt 4
Perfect Boar Pelt 23
Perfect Buck Pelt 8
Perfect Bull Hide 6

All plants:

Alaskan Ginseng
American Ginseng
Bay Bolete
Blackberry
Blackcurrant
Burdock Root
Chanterelles
Common Bulrush
Creeping Thyme
Desert Sage
English Mace
Evergreen Huckleberry
Golden Currant
Hummingbird Sage
Indian Tobacco
Milkweed
Oleander Sage
Oregano
Parasol Mushroom
Prairie Poppy
Ram's Head
Red Raspberry
Red Sage
Vanilla Flower
Violet Snowdrops
Wild Carrot
Wild Feverfew
Wild Mint
Wintergreen Berry
Yarrow
Acuna's Star Orchid
Cigar Orchid
Clamshell Orchid
Dragon's Mouth Orchid
Ghost Orchid
Lady of the Night Orchid
Lady Slipper Orchid
Moccasin Flower Orchid
Night Scented Orchid
Queen's Orchid
Rat Tail Orchid
Sparrow's Egg Orchid
Spider Orchid

Mayby one day I'll post my full Excel list with everything you need in the game.