the legendary gator

harry747

i have problems finding the legendary gator. yes, i've done the country pursuits mission, and after that i got a notification that i was in its territory but couldnt hunt it because there was too much activity. so i went away to do other things.  this happened maybe once or twice, and now i don't get any more notifications. whats going on?  i've gone up and down that road many times, during the day, during the night, but nothing. i've done the revenge mission, iwent away and came back, i went all the way around the swamp, but nothing. ARGH! what do i have to do to make this sucker appear? do i have to go back and do the country pursuits mission again?

• 1 month later...

when there's too much activity, the notification still pops up but tells you there's too much activity. but i don't even get the notification. it's like i haven't done the country pursuits mission but i HAVE done that mission.

gonna try to re-do it...

• 9 months later...

When you finally do get the chance to kill it, I highly suggest using explosive ammo, preferably from a rifle instead of a repeater. The thing is huge and lightning fast. I haven't found any other way to kill it. Also make sure you do it from a bit of a distance and DO NOT use your scope. Use open sights.

14 hours ago, STN357 said:

Explosive ammo just destroys the pelt. I don't recommend that at all! Unless I'm missing something. 

not when it comes to legendaries. you an kill them any way you want and the pelt will be perfect.

but i guess i have to go to and return from guarma before that bastard shows up...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, STN357 said:

If you really want it, depending on the platform, I can just join you and you can get it 🤷🏾🤷🏾

How can you join someone in single player mode?   That would be SO COOL!

4 hours ago, ChasingCoyote said:

that would be impossible because

- i play single-player

- my PS4 is offline.

15 hours ago, ChasingCoyote said:

I was thinking it was online. Drinking, old age, and a myriad of things caused that mental lapse 😂😂🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

On 2/17/2022 at 6:37 AM, harry747 said:

but i guess i have to go to and return from guarma before that bastard shows up...

You can actually get it in chapter 4. Once you finish the Country Pursuits mission, the legendary bull gator is available. But you have to have the vintage civil war handcuffs. You get those from mailing your first set of cigarette cards to Phineas Ramsbottom. The easiest to get is the Fauna set, and quite frankly the only one I can think of that you can get as Arthur. Unless you're lucky enough to get the ones you need to complete other sets through packs of cigarettes. But I prefer not to leave it to chance for the handcuffs, so I gather all the Fauna cards for that, and worry about the other sets later.

i have done the country pursuits mission, i have sent off all the sets of cigarette cards (yes, all of them), and i have the handcuffs. so the gator should appear.

but some time ago i couldn't find any lemoyne raiders or o'driscolls, and they only reappeared when i did another mission. maybe this is a similar issue? i only have 2 missions left in chapter 4: the oil company and then the bank in saint denis.