An idea for Red dead redemption 3

I don’t know what exactly y’all can do such as copying books or what not but I had this idea for awhile. There was this series I guess it was called the last mountain man  by William W. Johnston  about a guy named Kirby Jensen but every one called him smoke  because of his ash colored hair and what he considered is pa who was called preacher not an actual one but smoke became a gun fighter not that he wanted to y’all would probably have to read them there is two series one of preacher and one of smoke y’all would love it or at least give y’all a lot of good ideas if needing help y’all could ask me about it... And sorry if this sounds bad I have always sucked at writing or typing in school but I do have a good imagination for this stuff but can’t do it y’all can though and good job with  RDR2 keep going 

@smokey

While this is a fan site not affiliated with R*, there's still nothing wrong with sharing your ideas / thoughts with the community.  R* doesn't have an official site so other than submitting your ideas directly (which is essentially just a suggestion box), why not discuss and share in a place like this? 

Welcome btw.  I hope you stick around. 

I am very hopeful Rockstar comes out with a RDR 3. It's tough because GTA is kind of their baby...However, RDR 2 to me is better overall. The online isn't what GTA is but in terms of everything else it's great! I think running with the idea of Jack Marsten would be cool or even going back further and playing out the scenario in Blackwater. Even a "young" Arthur would be neat. I'd imagine cons would be just simply dating that far back and trying not to take away from the overall story that is set. 

1 hour ago, MotoRider748 said:

I am very hopeful Rockstar comes out with a RDR 3. It's tough because GTA is kind of their baby...However, RDR 2 to me is better overall. The online isn't what GTA is but in terms of everything else it's great! I think running with the idea of Jack Marsten would be cool or even going back further and playing out the scenario in Blackwater. Even a "young" Arthur would be neat. I'd imagine cons would be just simply dating that far back and trying not to take away from the overall story that is set. 

It took R* 8 years(?) between the release of RDR and RDR2.  

RDR2 was big success for them and while I'm fairly confident they will come out with an RDR3 or an equivalent, I suspect it won't likely be until sometime around 2025.  Hell, we still haven't seen the successor to GTAV and that game has been around since 2008.  The focus right now is on the next gen update for GTAV this year:

The new generation versions of GTAV will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the latest hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever.

And for the massive and vibrant community of Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide, the journey through the ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online will continue on to the new generation with more new updates including additional GTA Online content exclusive to the new consoles and PC.

There will also be a new standalone version of GTA Online coming in the second half of 2021, which will be available for free exclusively for PlayStation 5 players during the first three months.

Additionally, all PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 will get GTA$1,000,000 (deposited into their in-game Maze Bank account within 72 hours of log-in) each month they play GTA Online until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5."

So far, there has not been an announcement of a next-gen specific upgrade for RDR2 but I'd suspect there may be before there is any talk of an RDR3.

3 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

It took R* 8 years(?) between the release of RDR and RDR2.  

RDR2 was big success for them and while I'm fairly confident they will come out with an RDR3 or an equivalent, I suspect it won't likely be until sometime around 2025.  Hell, we still haven't seen the successor to GTAV and that game has been around since 2008.  The focus right now is on the next gen update for GTAV this year:

The new generation versions of GTAV will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the latest hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever.

And for the massive and vibrant community of Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide, the journey through the ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online will continue on to the new generation with more new updates including additional GTA Online content exclusive to the new consoles and PC.

There will also be a new standalone version of GTA Online coming in the second half of 2021, which will be available for free exclusively for PlayStation 5 players during the first three months.

Additionally, all PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 will get GTA$1,000,000 (deposited into their in-game Maze Bank account within 72 hours of log-in) each month they play GTA Online until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5."

So far, there has not been an announcement of a next-gen specific upgrade for RDR2 but I'd suspect there may be before there is any talk of an RDR3.

Thanks Kean_1 for the response and info! I 100% agree with what you're saying about the updates and the possibility of a 2025 release year. As an RDR fan that such a long time from now.lol. I enjoy GTA don't get me wrong it's just different. Do you have an inclining on what storyline they would come up with?

Edited by Kean_1
combined and fixed posts

1 hour ago, MotoRider748 said:

Thanks Kean_1 for the response and info! I 100% agree with what you're saying about the updates and the possibility of a 2025 release year. As an RDR fan that such a long time from now.lol. I enjoy GTA don't get me wrong it's just different. Do you have an inclining on what storyline they would come up with?

I agree.  It is a long time but R* is known for making quality game experiences that I just don't think would be possible without the length of time they spend in development.

No idea on what the storyline would be but I'm sure they would come up with something interesting.