Jump to content

The "I've lost my horse" thread.


Aimesleje
 Share

Recommended Posts

No spoilers. In the bear hunting mission where Hosea takes you to get a new horse he requires us to unsaddle our original Tennessee Walker (my favorite horse) and take a big one to the stables. After the mission the original horse is gone from camp. Nowhere to be found. I've done the mission twice now to try to keep my horse... Can't do it.

If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please tell me. I don't wanna use another horse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent quite a lot of time bonding with my warhorse that the dlc got, then I did a quest that put me on a train (now said horse was hitched so it should have stayed I thought) but when the train started to move my horse apparently tried for follow the train, and died along the way. Anyone else had this happen, I am wondering if it is a bug, and if I am now stuck not having my horse for the rest of my game which would make me kinda sad tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MJROu812 said:

That's what im thinking as well.....I hope when a horse gets lost or die you  can fetch a new one at the stable?

Yeah it's your permanent horse. Also if you die it will respawn with you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My major issue is .. too much riding .. missions take out to god knows where, mission ends leaving me miles from anywhere, have to ride for 10 or 15 minutes to get back to camp etc ... fast travel is locked at the base camp, stagecoach locked if you have a bounty .. I am fed up already .. really want to do the next thing, but yet again, have to ride from the swamps to base camp, has taken nearly 20 minutes

 

Just traveled back to camp again, only to find I have to travel back to where I just came from to speak to Dutch .. that effin ridiculous ... 10 minutes each way .. rapidly getting pissed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, trying to be nice guy I stopped to help a stranger, and he ripped me off the horse and rode off. I tried to shoot him but was attacked by bounty hunters. I kill them but by the time I was able to get close to him my horse was gone a saddle was left behind. Wtf!? I go to the stable and now I have to purchase a NEW horse?! Is that right or am I not getting something here? Why do I have to pay for a preorder bonus?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rdr2Rogue said:

So, trying to be nice guy I stopped to help a stranger, and he ripped me off the horse and rode off. I tried to shoot him but was attacked by bounty hunters. I kill them but by the time I was able to get close to him my horse was gone a saddle was left behind. Wtf!? I go to the stable and now I have to purchase a NEW horse?! Is that right or am I not getting something here? Why do I have to pay for a preorder bonus?!

Incorrect. My horse got killed many times, and stolen, and I didn't have to purchase a new one. However, I have the thoroughbred so it came with the special edition of the game, so it's free to begin with. You should be able to get your horse back, it should say you own that horse already rather than buying it again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I entered my pre-order code and it said it was successful.  I even tried it again and it then said it had already been successfully used. I am on Xbox One if that's pertinent.  I have progressed to the point where Hosea asks me to go bear hunting.  We get to the stables and there are only three horses available, all with a price next to them.  No war horse, no Ardennes like it shows is supposed to be there in online tutorials.  I even went and completed the hunting quest and returned to the stables and it's still not listed in the available horses list.  

Edited by Notsofast71
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Wrinklebutt said:

My major issue is .. too much riding .. missions take out to god knows where, mission ends leaving me miles from anywhere, have to ride for 10 or 15 minutes to get back to camp etc ... fast travel is locked at the base camp, stagecoach locked if you have a bounty .. I am fed up already .. really want to do the next thing, but yet again, have to ride from the swamps to base camp, has taken nearly 20 minutes

  

Just traveled back to camp again, only to find I have to travel back to where I just came from to speak to Dutch .. that effin ridiculous ... 10 minutes each way .. rapidly getting pissed

  

Yes it is a lot of riding. I have got to the point where I unlocked the stagecoach so I don't have to do heavy traveling. Also, if you go to the post office you can pay off the bounty so you don't have to worry about other parts of the world attacking you. The bounties aren't cheap so be ready. Once you get farther in the game, it gets easier to get around. Also, make sure you be smart on doing missions. For example, I ignored a Micah mission all the way near Valentine, and then the gang moved camp somewhere else in the map which I'm not going to spoil just in case you haven't reached that part, so now I had to travel all the way back to finish Micah. Make sure you don't procrastinate on missions or else you have to go back and do it. 

Edited by DylBandit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DylBandit said:

Yes it is a lot of riding. I have got to the point where I unlocked the stagecoach so I don't have to do heavy traveling. Also, if you go to the post office you can pay off the bounty so you don't have to worry about other parts of the world attacking you. The bounties aren't cheap so be ready. Once you get farther in the game, it gets easier to get around. Also, make sure you be smart on doing missions. For example, I ignored a Micah mission all the way near Valentine, and then the gang moved camp somewhere else in the map which I'm not going to spoil just in case you haven't reached that part, so now I had to travel all the way back to finish Micah. Make sure you don't procrastinate on missions or else you have to go back and do it. 

I am on chapter 6, so yea, already done all that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir Wrinklebutt said:

Lmao, cause I IS AWESOME ..  seriously though, no idea, just keep playing .. a lot ...

Oh I have been, to the point where my eyes are tired of being open for so long haha. It's a long ass story, impressive how your plowing through the story already. I believe there is only 6 chapters and 2 parts of an epilogue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DylBandit said:

Oh I have been, to the point where my eyes are tired of being open for so long haha. It's a long ass story, impressive how your plowing through the story already. I believe there is only 6 chapters and 2 parts of an epilogue. 

Just checked my achievements, correction, on chapter 5, about half way I reckon ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to come on here to ask the same question. My horse got taken too and it isn't in my stable anymore. I am a bit confused as to what I should be doing here. Is there like a waiting period or do I have to hunt down the mf'er that took my horse? lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I went to get the Arabian White Coat horse and tamed it. I go remove my saddle and place it on the new horse I take it to the stable and when I exited my warhorse is gone and there is no temporary icon. Can I do anything to get it back?

Edited by Shalltear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shalltear said:

So I went to get the Arabian White Coat horse and tamed it. I go remove my saddle and place it on the new horse I take it to the stable and when I exited my warhorse is gone and there is no temporary icon. Can I do anything to get it back?

Did you try going back into the stable....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...