Jump to content

Hunting Legendary animal : respawn timer after it leaves?


Volt
 Share

Recommended Posts

How long does it take for a legendary animal to show back up again? This is after it leaves the area when one is looking for it.

I was hunting a legendary animal,

Spoiler

the Whitetail deer

When I got into its area, I got a message saying so. I took too long looking for it. I got a message saying it had left the area and that it will be a while before it comes back. Sometime later, I came back to that area. But didn't find any sign of it, nor message saying it was around. I'll try again later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DiamondDave said:

I am not sure if there is a set time value on them or not but I find waiting for 2 or 3 in-game days does the trick. You don't want to stay in the area though, just go somewhere else. Check back in 2 or 3 days. Let me know if that works. It worked for me 3 times. 

agreed.  I missed a couple animals so far this way,  leave the area give it a couple days in game time and try again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Volt said:

When I got into its area, I got a message saying so. I took too long looking for it. I got a message saying it had left the area and that it will be a while before it comes back. Sometime later, I came back to that area. But didn't find any sign of it, nor message saying it was around. I'll try again later.

Two tips: use scent blocker, and ride back to Strawberry (the nearest town) to bathe and stay the night.  It worked wonders for me, and I picked up the trail pretty quickly the next day.

Same thing happened with the coyote (that little sonofagun made me run all over the map tracking him after I SHOT HIM IN THE FACE).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Same thing happened with the coyote (that little sonofagun made me run all over the map tracking him after I SHOT HIM IN THE FACE). 

I think I got him with like 12 varmint rifle shots...

I haven't really had any run on me, I guess I've been lucky with them so far (or lucky with my shots).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

I think I got him with like 12 varmint rifle shots...

I haven't really had any run on me, I guess I've been lucky with them so far (or lucky with my shots).

In this instance, there were many other animals roaming the area. It was also becoming night time. I think I got disoriented and followed the wrong animals tracks. Or wandered out of the white area on the map where it clues you into where it can be found. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Volt said:

I think I got disoriented and followed the wrong animals tracks. Or wandered out of the white area on the map where it clues you into where it can be found. 

Both of those are VERY easy to do. To be fair, I've only killed a few of them. I'll probably start hunting them down tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Two tips: use scent blocker, and ride back to Strawberry (the nearest town) to bathe and stay the night.  It worked wonders for me, and I picked up the trail pretty quickly the next day.

Same thing happened with the coyote (that little sonofagun made me run all over the map tracking him after I SHOT HIM IN THE FACE).

I accidentally found the Legendary Coyote spot, on my way to some other destination. I wasn't expecting to complete it, based on how my above interaction went. But it was broad daylight, so that helped with seeing things. I followed the clues better. And even found ...

Spoiler

some dinosaur bones

... during the hunt. I was able to shoot the things several times with either my bow or gun. I forget which. But had to chase it some more before finally killing it. I got its legendary pelt. Then thought I lost it during me dying in another shootout. But got a message saying it would be available at the trapper/fence. And it was. Last night I found out what I can do with it.

Spoiler

The fence was able to craft a talisman out of it!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Volt said:

Last night I found out what I can do with it.

  Hide contents

The fence was able to craft a talisman out of it!

That's the important part, but the trapper will also make clothes out of the pelts.

Also keep in mind that once you spot the animal, you can just unload on it and not have to worry about damaging the pelt. No need to line up a nice headshot, just blast the ****er down!

It's also worth noting that the animals behave very realistically (for the most part). A deer will be spooked just like IRL, and a panther will jump you from behind without hesitation. Take it slow and keep an eye out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I've taken down almost every legendary animal with the same 3 poison arrows, since you can pick them back up after. 1 well placed poison arrow in head or neck will slow it down and cause it to collapse in agony. Then just approach and put it out of its misery. I needed 4 arrows to take out the wolf and it nearly killed me. However, poison arrows didn't help with the gator and bear. I kept firing at its face until it tore me apart.  Should I just use rolling block rifle for those? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use the most powerful weapon you have on all Legendary animals, or something that lays on a lot of lead.  It's impossible to spoil the pelt, so just take it down as quickly as possible.

Dead Eye + Lancaster + Lots of bullets always works for me, even with the legendary panther.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Use the most powerful weapon you have on all Legendary animals, or something that lays on a lot of lead.  It's impossible to spoil the pelt, so just take it down as quickly as possible.

Dead Eye + Lancaster + Lots of bullets always works for me, even with the legendary panther.

 

 

semi auto shotgun shooting slugs is what i used the first playthrough for most of the legendary animals

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...